14' Ram totaled? Rear axle snapped in half

Equalbracket

Established Member
Even the police officer knew they were pulling one, says he sees it daily, why he hates working wrecks. If it's my fault, then its my fault I'm man enough to accept it, not scam an insurance company. But this was not my fault, no way she was sober, turn towards me and ram the shit out of me, then get out and come towards me screaming.

And yes this is why our insurance rates are so damn high, people are so damn lazy and pieces of shit. Too many people don't want to work or earn anything anymore just give it to me, thx Obama.

I'd pay even higher taxes if people on UE food stamps or any kind of assistance were drug tested weekly.

Last edited:

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
Which part? I mean, if I posted on reddit I would expect childish idiotic responses. For the most part the posters here are mature adults imo. I mean, it's a car forum that is mainly focused around vehicles that I consider toys.
the knowledgable part. just a joke.

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
Driver: "TIME TO GET PAID! SWERVE!!!!!

Original.0.jpg

MY NECK AND MY BACK!

I'm glad you're ok OP.

Last edited:

Equalbracket

Established Member
Just talked to the guy that was behind her. He told me what he told the cops. He said it looked intentional, she never hit her brakes, and turned into me, that i was well past both oncoming lanes and halfway into my lane when she hit me, and that the driver and passenger switched seats. He also said she had to be doing atleast 55-60 as she flew past him. That's pretty upsetting tbh, as I doubt any criminal charges will be filled against her..and if its fixed i'll be left with a wrecked truck worth much much less.

How is something like this avoidable when there are assholes out there like this.

If I can press charges I would in a heartbeat, if I didnt speed up she would of hit me right in the door, probably killed me.

Last edited:

1992sc50

What, its just a 5oh!
Established Member
Hate to say it but if u pulled out to cross traffic and didnt yield and got hit by oncoming traffic chances are your gonna get hosed. Doesnt matter how far away they "looked" when u decided to make ur turn, obviously they were closer than u thought or u wouldnt have got hit. And the fact that she hit u by swerving means she only would have missed u by the width of her car if she didnt swerve, u cut it too close.

Equalbracket

Established Member
Except for the fact if she stayed in her lane, she wouldnt of hit me. She didnt swerve, she turned into me. She hit me while i was in my lane and the merge lane, its not a turning lane for that of traffic. And why switch seats, somethings wrong.

My94GT

Established Member
Attention..sympathy? Are you being serious, hopefully not. I couldn't care less for either. I wanted opinions, wont be another week until it's adjusted and this "public forum" or community as I would call it, has people with vast knowledge of pretty much everything. Unlike you.

ok busting your chops aside, like i said its really hard to tell. is there frame damage? how much will parts cost? what is your states laws in regards to total loss thresh hold? all this will come into play and it would be hard with such limited pictures for someone to take an educated guess. as for what helps me in the knowledge department, well ive been in a body shop for 9 years and i write for multiple direct repair programs.

as a nice gesture, feel free to shoot me any questions and i will gladly help answering the best i can. i may have missed it but if you havent already, go get checked out and let your insurance know. you may not initially feel any pain but sometimes in a few days you can notice things and its always best to head it off from the get go as far as claims are concerned. best of luck.

Tispho

Established Member
She (or whoever was driving) might have saw that your truck pulled out and she was judging by her speed that she should veer left to avoid hitting you. She probably was thinking you were going to hit your brakes when you saw her, but instead she drove right into you, because she's a poor driver who made poor judgements.

Last edited:

Laffs

Drop-da-top
Established Member
Frame damager will be the tell tale. I was in an accident with my Ram back in October. Someone decided stop signs didnt apply to them and blew through one into traffic, I tbonded them doing about 40mph. Needed new front bumper, headlights and foglight, grill, hood, fender, paint to that plus entire right side of truck, frame repair on the front horns. Was around 7500 in damage and insurance didnt total out my truck and its older than yours.

That said the Jeep I hit was a brand new 2014 and was written off I'm told, mostly because it was so bent the doors had to be jawwed open. If the frame of your truck is bent beyond ability to repair, its will be a write off most likely. Parts arent super expensive for these so its the labour work that adds up. My truck was like 3000 parts 4500 labour.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Glad you're OK. I run a lot of EMS calls with my FD and I find that the people that scream at the other drivers are usually the ones at fault. Some kind of deflection thing or something.

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
Sorry, yes the lady was driving, she had 2 other passengers that seemed to be her son's. They were all latino. Yes they had insurance, just liability, and not nearly enough to fix this, so I'll most likely have go with mine, but underinsured. They had a newerish model car too, probably 2005+ So they are screwed.

https://www.google.com/maps/@31.570...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s5zoWAA3PYgII0aBglQAUGA!2e0

Hope that works.

I was coming from the stop sign, she was headed from right to left if that google map link works.

I always check both ways twice, and oncoming traffic i look at last, that intersection is bad for wrecks because people go so fast on lake shore, when I saw her she was at such a distance I didnt think twice about going, she came up on so damn quick, then left her lane completely and hit me in the opposite lane, i saw her leave her lane and punched it but wasnt enough time.

edit: One of the witnesses was behind me at the stop sign, and the other was behind her. The one behind her told the cops he was going the speed limit and she flew past him, and continued to speed up, and that she left her lane. She had to of freaked out and just was in panic mode or something I dont know, there's no way she would try to hit me with passengers in the car, they looked to be her sons but who knows.

in that link, you can see a memorial for someone that died in that spot. Looks like a bad intersection.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Frames are pretty cheap from the factory if it is truly bent.

Passenger side looks really straight to have a bent frame.
Could just be the angle of the pic though.
I doubt it is totalled.

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
loled at the part where they get out of the car and start screaming at you, then suddenly have to be taken away in an ambulance. Sounds like this is just the beginning for you. Glad you're okay!

Equalbracket

Established Member
2ihrpds.jpg

Here's from the police report.

And yes, quite a few people have died at that intersection, they come flying down the hill and just like this hit people pulling out.

Their insurance company has nothing but horrible reviews online, they don't even have a website.. Oak Brook county. I'm fkd

Last edited:

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Well I apologize for my rough at best description, i'll be more descriptive with greater details and context next wreck.

Be more descriptive but don't describe the people who hit you. LOL. Your story made sense to me. So many tears from a whiff of a reference to heritage, cry babies. I had a Mexican in a dump truck crash into me, took me over a curb into a parking lot. I was in better shape than you but I would not tell the story without saying what kind of person hit me.

Equalbracket

Established Member
Be more descriptive but don't describe the people who hit you. LOL. Your story made sense to me. So many tears from a whiff of a reference to heritage, cry babies. I had a Mexican in a dump truck crash into me, took me over a curb into a parking lot. I was in better shape than you but I would not tell the story without saying what kind of person hit me.

Why not? I was in a wreck with a white lady few months back, she admitted to being at fault.

The cops name was Jose, and he told me be prepared they're wet*****.

They got out and approached me screaming racist remarks, then were too hurt to walk when the police arrived. But both witnesses form each side told the same exact story, and it matched mine.

Car didn't even belong to them, owner had a different last name and a different address, that sucks.

Oh and the police report cost $11 lol, found that funny.

Last edited:

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
2ihrpds.jpg

Here's from the police report.

And yes, quite a few people have died at that intersection, they come flying down the hill and just like this hit people pulling out.

Their insurance company has nothing but horrible reviews online, they don't even have a website.. Oak Brook county. I'm fkd

So basically you had already passed the two lanes she was in right there, and you were making the turn to go the opposite way as she was and she just turned right into you in the median?

Users who are viewing this thread