14' Ram totaled? Rear axle snapped in half

Equalbracket

Established Member
There isn't thing they can do for a broken thumb, or a concussion I've had 7 of them. I got a split for my thumb, it's just an annoyance. Steering wheel jerked and caught my hand. I know it's just a truck. I always have accidents in my trucks, never once had anything happen in any of my cobras.

Equalbracket

Established Member
Not totaled IMO. Bed is easy and reasonably cheap to replace and the truck was probably not cheap. The insurance company will most likely just want to fix it. Look into filing a diminished value claim.

Sticker was 40. I know they wont want to total it, but the frame and front axle are bent, rear snapped in half, was leaking oil as well. I had it towed to my friends shop and its one of the best in town, he said it's close to a total.

SC Heaven

Red Whine
Established Member
Sucks to see man. Glad you're ok. Sad state of things when people get out of the car and yell slurs instead of making sure you are ok. Race aside, that is a shitty kind of person to pull that. Hope it all works out.

chvybeatsford

Established Member
Sorry, yes the lady was driving, she had 2 other passengers that seemed to be her son's. They were all latino. Yes they had insurance, just liability, and not nearly enough to fix this, so I'll most likely have go with mine, but underinsured. They had a newerish model car too, probably 2005+ So they are screwed.

edit: One of the witnesses was behind me at the stop sign, and the other was behind her. The one behind her told the cops he was going the speed limit and she flew past him, and continued to speed up, and that she left her lane. She had to of freaked out and just was in panic mode or something I dont know, there's no way she would try to hit me with passengers in the car, they looked to be her sons but who knows.

The lady in the passenger seat, got out after the wreck and was one of the ones screaming at me, then got back in when people showed up. Not saying shes not hurt but it knocked my ass out, I didnt come too till i had people knocking on my window.

Driver had to of been drunk or on something, makes no sense to leave your lane and head towards oncoming lane, it's two lanes each way and her right lane was 100% clear, only one truck behind her that she passed, then got back in the left lane.

Ok so trying to guess the amount.of people in her car as u said what looks like two diff things..

Lady with 2 sons or lady with 2 sons and another femal passanger or she just had to use passanger .door

And sucks glad everyone is ok.

Last edited:

Equalbracket

Established Member
#1 worst drivers: asian
#2 worst drivers: mexicans

thats why it matters.

I just didn't want to get banned. I meany holy shit, look at where my truck is..why the hell would you turn towards a vehicle instead of oh i dont know brake or turn the other way which was a 100% clear lane as far as i could see. I didn't just pull out in front of her, she was zooming. Cop said he cant issue a ticket for speeding because he didnt witness it but just from his experience and from looking at the scene, the marks and the damage, she was doing atleast 60.

You have to brake to maintain speed limit on this section of the road, if you just coast you easily hit 60+.

It's ok, I know State Farm will squash their pos A-max.

Equalbracket

Established Member
Ok so trying to guess the amount.of people in her car as u said what looks like two diff things..

Lady with 2 sons or lady with 2 sons and another femal passanger or she just had to use passanger .door

And sucks glad everyone is ok.

She was driving, got out to yell at me, but went back to the car when people showed up and sat in the passenger seat, maybe she didnt have a drivers license and her son got in the drivers seat, I wasn't thinking about that at the time. It was just 3 people, her and two guys, i assume son's but I dont know. Course none of them were at work, or school.

She was well enough to approach my truck and yell cuss words and other racist shit at me, but then needed a stretcher and ambulance ride. I honestly have no idea what would of happened had the guy behind her not stopped and told them to get away, two dudes were each 250-300 and I was pretty dazed.

I hope its a total loss, I would hate to continue making payments on a wrecked vehicle that wasn't even my fault.

Last edited:

My94GT

Established Member
That sucks....also not sure what them being Latino has to do with this either.

this, and heres my take on this....i bet this ends up deemed your fault OP. you were crossing the road into their path of travel, id be surprised if its not your fault as you are to yield to on coming traffic.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
This is a good reason to carry high limits of liability and uninsured/underinsured motorist. If she has low limits of liability and property damage, which aren't enough to cover the accident, State Farm will be suing her.

Equalbracket

Established Member
Both cops said it was her fault, and she is being cited via mail. I'm pretty sure that will work in my favor for the insurance company. How can I yield to someone going 20 over the freaking speed limit, then crosses into my lane to hit me? I wasnt in either on coming lanes when she hit me. Every witness said the same thing she was speeding and veered out of her lane. When I went to cross she was so far away, i had plenty of time had she not been going so damn fast. When the impact happened, I was already entering my lane. There would no reason for her to enter the turning lane, there is no where for her to turn left.

I have State Farm and have everything, and they've always been good and fair to me. I just don't want a claim on my policy because some dumbass cant drive and cant afford freaking insurance. Looks to me like that car is a newer dodge something, how the hell does she not have full coverage.

Last edited:

My94GT

Established Member
well hey thats great for you. your rough at best description made it very hard to understand at first.

Equalbracket

Established Member
well hey thats great for you. your rough at best description made it very hard to understand at first.

Well I apologize for my rough at best description, i'll be more descriptive with greater details and context next wreck.

My94GT

Established Member
Well I apologize for my rough at best description, i'll be more descriptive with greater details and context next wreck.

well hey, you posted on a public forum. you were looking for some sort of attention obviously, so in the future if you want the largest amount of compassion and understanding please do post up a clear and understandable sequence of events.

now lets move on to the question you had that will likely best be handled by the insurance rep assigned your claim, is it a total? well it depends on the damage, you mentioned a snapped axle, that combined with needing a new bed side may not be enough. it really depends on the full extent of the damage though. its hard to look at a few pics and determine that with such a new vehicle, but it could likely go either way.

best of luck, and damn those latinos :lol1:

SC Heaven

Red Whine
Established Member
Darn Latinos and their Yutes

youts.jpg

:thumbsup:

Equalbracket

Established Member
well hey, you posted on a public forum. you were looking for some sort of attention obviously, so in the future if you want the largest amount of compassion and understanding please do post up a clear and understandable sequence of events.

now lets move on to the question you had that will likely best be handled by the insurance rep assigned your claim, is it a total? well it depends on the damage, you mentioned a snapped axle, that combined with needing a new bed side may not be enough. it really depends on the full extent of the damage though. its hard to look at a few pics and determine that with such a new vehicle, but it could likely go either way.

best of luck, and damn those latinos :lol1:

Attention..sympathy? Are you being serious, hopefully not. I couldn't care less for either. I wanted opinions, wont be another week until it's adjusted and this "public forum" or community as I would call it, has people with vast knowledge of pretty much everything. Unlike you.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
Attention..sympathy? Are you being serious, hopefully not. I couldn't care less for either. I wanted opinions, wont be another week until it's adjusted and this "public forum" or community as I would call it, has people with vast knowledge of pretty much everything. Unlike you.

debatable.

Equalbracket

Established Member
debatable.

Which part? I mean, if I posted on reddit I would expect childish idiotic responses. For the most part the posters here are mature adults imo. I mean, it's a car forum that is mainly focused around vehicles that I consider toys.

oldmodman

Established Member
Here is what happened.

Illegal aliens, in concert with crooked attorney and doctors set up a plan to make bank from insurance fraud.

Driver spots a big truck and figures that it must have commercial plates and insurance. But driver of car is an idiot and even though she is speeding she can't get in front of the truck so she can slam on her brakes to get the truck to hit her.
So she messes up bigtime and is the at fault driver in a witnessed accident.
Busted!
But the carload of roaches still demands to go to the hospital for proof, just like the attorney instructed them to.

This exact type of accident happens a hundred times a day in Southern California. That is why our insurance rates are some of the highest in the country.

And the second most common person to be involved in these types of insurance scams are Persian women.

Users who are viewing this thread