14' Ram totaled? Rear axle snapped in half

Equalbracket

Established Member
So basically you had already passed the two lanes she was in right there, and you were making the turn to go the opposite way as she was and she just turned right into you in the median?

Yes, she was going atleast 15 over and came up on me so quick, but that's not a turning lane for her, there is no where to turn at all. I was past both lanes, and halfway into mine when she hit me. Both witnesses said she sped up and was going really fast. Just from where the vehicles were and the damage you could tell she was hauling ass.

After I had stopped and waited for one to pass, I saw her she was quite a ways up the road in front of a black truck, I had plenty of time. It slopes down a good ways and if she was on the gas I didnt have a chance. I just cant believe she would turn into me like that, nobody was in her right lane. She moved from the driver seat to passenger but did claim to be driving. I don't think she was sober.

Police reports says i was 33% at fault, she was 41, lol not sure where the other % goes too. Says she showed no evasive action.

Last edited:

tj04cobra

Established Member
**** Waco man, I hate that city. My parents live in Hewitt and the drivers in that area are way different than here in Houston, I'd hate to live there. Sorry about the accident.

CobraHuck

Established Member
Holy crap at all the flack you're getting. I understood the story first try :shrug: Sounds to me like lowlife scum looking for insurance fraud money. That sucks so bad, I'm glad you're ok and really hope you don't get screwed on this

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Good opportunity to order a '15 F-150.

I kid, I kid! Glad you're ok, looks like a LOT of damage it really depends on the underneath. I know I wouldn't want it back.

Equalbracket

Established Member
Well, its a total loss thankfully. But a battle with insurance companies, they dont care about the police report because the cop wasn't there, and our stories dont match lol! The police report was based on eye witnesses, and blames her, what garbage.

Axle broke on both sides of the pumpkin, and frame was so badly twisted they said it looked like a train hit it.

They also already refuse to replace the wheels unless i provide a receipt which I cant find.

Last edited:

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
equal bracket that sucks dude. Lake shore and park lake sucks. I work a lot of claims from that intersection. It is very common for people to speed 10-15 mph on Lakeshore and it is hard to judge how quick people are moving when you are at that stop sign. Did that WPD officer peg her for faulty evasive action or excessive speed in the contributing factors section? Technically you pulled from a stop sign which could be a problem but this joker swerved into the center turn lane according to that report and hit you. Im guessing the officer put contributing factors on both of you. Since you are in Waco, I will tell you be prepared all people in that other vehicle will be hurt and will retain an attorney. The witnesses will be key to each companies liability decision. If I had to predict your company will side with you and her company will side with her and deny liability to you. If you need any help or some inside advice, let me know. This is what I do everyday. Good luck dude.

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
Well, its a total loss thankfully. But a battle with insurance companies, they dont care about the police report because the cop wasn't there, and our stories dont match lol! The police report was based on eye witnesses, and blames her, what garbage.

Axle broke on both sides of the pumpkin, and frame was so badly twisted they said it looked like a train hit it.

They also already refuse to replace the wheels unless i provide a receipt which I cant find.

Where did those wheels come from? Tell your adjuster to call the place you got them from and help you out a little bit.

Equalbracket

Established Member
equal bracket that sucks dude. Lake shore and park lake sucks. I work a lot of claims from that intersection. It is very common for people to speed 10-15 mph on Lakeshore and it is hard to judge how quick people are moving when you are at that stop sign. Did that WPD officer peg her for faulty evasive action or excessive speed in the contributing factors section? Technically you pulled from a stop sign which could be a problem but this joker swerved into the center turn lane according to that report and hit you. Im guessing the officer put contributing factors on both of you. Since you are in Waco, I will tell you be prepared all people in that other vehicle will be hurt and will retain an attorney. The witnesses will be key to each companies liability decision. If I had to predict your company will side with you and her company will side with her and deny liability to you. If you need any help or some inside advice, let me know. This is what I do everyday. Good luck dude.

Yea, she had to of been doing atleast 10-15 over. The witness behind her doesn't want to be involved past telling the cops what happened, he works at golds gym I left him a message no return so thats that. Yea faulty evasive action is what she got and like 44% hers and 33% mine failure to yield. Everyone said she sped up and I saw her turn into me, unreal. When I pulled out she was what i consider a good distance away and plenty of time for me to get across, she closed in so quickly. Cop said a ticket would just add salt to our wounds, but that it was obviously her fault form where our vehicles and dmg were and from the witnesses, but obviously not doing me any good.

Thx mav, will do.

Got them from Discount Tire, not too worried about that.

Oh one question for ya, any dealings with safe way auto ins? Obviously cheap and shitty, they called me and didn't know if I was insured by them or hit by one of their drivers.

Last edited:

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
Yea, she had to of been doing atleast 10-15 over. The witness behind her doesn't want to be involved past telling the cops what happened, he works at golds gym I left him a message no return so thats that. Yea faulty evasive action is what she got and like 44% hers and 33% mine failure to yield. Everyone said she sped up and I saw her turn into me, unreal. When I pulled out she was what i consider a good distance away and plenty of time for me to get across, she closed in so quickly. Cop said a ticket would just add salt to our wounds, but that it was obviously her fault form where our vehicles and dmg were and from the witnesses, but obviously not doing me any good.

Thx mav, will do.

Got them from Discount Tire, not too worried about that.

Oh one question for ya, any dealings with safe way auto ins? Obviously cheap and shitty, they called me and didn't know if I was insured by them or hit by one of their drivers.

I have dealt with them a few times. It seems like once they get all the crap together they did the right thing. Keep in mind that every insurance company will deny a claim if the lady admits to an intentional act. I would not tell her insurance company you think she crashed into you on purpose. Just tell them you had plenty of time to make the left turn and she was at fault for swerving into the center turn lane and striking your vehicle. I would even say she must have been on her phone or talking to her passengers since she was not paying attention to what was going on in front of her. Since your vehicle was hit in the rear side that helps you. The only issue you have is you had the stop sign. I have a feeling that the best you might get from her insurance is 50-50 at best. Has your insurance company finalized liability yet?

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
**** Waco man, I hate that city. My parents live in Hewitt and the drivers in that area are way different than here in Houston, I'd hate to live there. Sorry about the accident.

The drivers do suck here. Try being an adjuster and dealing with all the damn ignorance around here. Every bump turns into an injury claim and half of the drivers don't even have insurance. I have handled claims in Dallas/Ft. Worth, Austin, Houston, everywhere in between and Waco is the worst by far.

Prototype007

Established Member
Well, I didn't want to say mexican, but she gets out calls me a stupid white mker, then can only speak spanish to the police, knows no English what soever.

It's pretty common for that race to pull that bs.

It's like that around here as well. Speak English fine one moment. next moment cop shows up or they step into a courtroom and they magically can only speak Spanish.

Call me racist or whatever (be sure to tell my family & friends that are not white as well), but it is what it is when it comes to that stuff.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
I have dealt with them a few times. It seems like once they get all the crap together they did the right thing. Keep in mind that every insurance company will deny a claim if the lady admits to an intentional act. I would not tell her insurance company you think she crashed into you on purpose. Just tell them you had plenty of time to make the left turn and she was at fault for swerving into the center turn lane and striking your vehicle. I would even say she must have been on her phone or talking to her passengers since she was not paying attention to what was going on in front of her. Since your vehicle was hit in the rear side that helps you. The only issue you have is you had the stop sign. I have a feeling that the best you might get from her insurance is 50-50 at best. Has your insurance company finalized liability yet?

Please tell me you're not advising him to lie....

How does this percentage thing work? I've never seen that before.

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
Please tell me you're not advising him to lie....

How does this percentage thing work? I've never seen that before.

I am not advising him to lie, I would not mention that he thinks it was an intentional act since they will deny the claim if it can be proven. It would be difficult to prove, but some of these small insurance companies look for any reason to deny claims. In my opinion it was obvious from what happened she was not paying attention and the only conclusion one could make is that she was on her phone or talking to her passengers and not paying attention to the roadway. My guess is he could not see her facial expressions when the impact occurred and the only logical explanation to most people is that she did not see him or was very confused about what was happening and I would assume either she dropped something and reached down to pick it up, on her phone, talking with passengers or had some other distraction. I would think this because there is no reason for her to be in this turn lane at this intersection since there is no left turn for her to make. This turn lane is a left turn lane for people turning onto the road OP was turning from. It is also used as a merge lane for people turning off the road OP came from. As far as percentages work, it depends on the state. For Example, but this is not always the case, if you are 60% at fault and you caused 10,000.00 in damage, your insurance company will attempt to negotiate a settlement of $6,000.00 of the $10,000.00 in damage. If you are 49% at fault, your insurance company will pay nothing. There is a lot of gray area of who is what percentage at fault since most of the time its negotiated between insurance companies or each company says it was the other guy who was 100% at fault and no one pays. If this happens than the claim ends up going to an arbitration hearing for review if each company is a member of Arb.

But yes, I would not suggest he lie since that would be bad. I would just merely suggest to the adjuster that obviously something was wrong for her to suddenly drift or swerve into the turn lane as he was trying to make his turn and let her insurance company draw there own conclusions. My guess is she will say this guy pulled right out in front of me and I swerved to miss him, but you never know. In all likelihood OP will have to go through his carrier since he pulled from the stop sign and hope they can collect his deductible back in the future although it is unlikely the other insurance will pay.

Last edited:

Equalbracket

Established Member
Wow, april 2017 and finally wrapping up all 3 law suits. Got good news today so figured i'd bump this with an update as well why not.

I was being sued by the passenger, and the driver, and the owner of the car's insurance company. The passenger was also suing the driver of the other vehicle, and they had the same attorney's office, which worked itself out pretty nicely.

Took 3 years to finally see them face to face and give our depositions, which turned out to be a joke as only mine, the officer that responded and the witness that has continued to stick around and help me were consistent and exactly what was said day one. They couldn't keep their lies straight. It was disgusting. I lost 10k my brand new truck and 3 years of this headache for no good reason other then they could.

Buttttt the driver was rounded up by ICE agents 3 weeks ago. Thx Trump! She had a valid drivers license, how is that even possible.

State Farm spent tens of thousands maybe even more to defend me, wouldn't settle for a single penny, hate to see this cost them so much but i'm glad they put their foot down.

Oh and now there's a stop light at this intersection, problem solved.

Last edited:

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
No need to thank Trump for giving an illegal a driver's license. That itself is up to each individual state, and it has been happening for years.

Glad that your headache is coming to an end with this situation, though.

Equalbracket

Established Member
No need to thank Trump for giving an illegal a driver's license. That itself is up to each individual state, and it has been happening for years.

Glad that your headache is coming to an end with this situation, though.

Oh my comment about Trump was on the ICE raids, not the DL thing, I'm not sure how its possible in Texas when it was hard enough to prove I was a freaking legal resident.

I just don't remember hearing about many deportations in the past 8 years.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Oh my comment about Trump was on the ICE raids, not the DL thing, I'm not sure how its possible in Texas when it was hard enough to prove I was a freaking legal resident.

I just don't remember hearing about many deportations in the past 8 years.

My fault, I read it wrong....lol

Equalbracket

Established Member
The depositions were embarrassing, their attorney the biggest ambulance chaser in town was so clearly and visibly ashamed. I don't know exactly what happened but I was told they were only partially represented in the end as no lawyer in town would take the case, I figured everyone knew each other on every side and were friends, but not like that lol.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Wow, april 2017 and finally wrapping up all 3 law suits. Got good news today so figured i'd bump this with an update as well why not.

I was being sued by the passenger, and the driver, and the owner of the car's insurance company. The passenger was also suing the driver of the other vehicle, and they had the same attorney's office, which worked itself out pretty nicely.

Took 3 years to finally see them face to face and give our depositions, which turned out to be a joke as only mine, the officer that responded and the witness that has continued to stick around and help me were consistent and exactly what was said day one. They couldn't keep their lies straight. It was disgusting. I lost 10k my brand new truck and 3 years of this headache for no good reason other then they could.

Buttttt the driver was rounded up by ICE agents 3 weeks ago. Thx Trump! She had a valid drivers license, how is that even possible.

State Farm spent tens of thousands maybe even more to defend me, wouldn't settle for a single penny, hate to see this cost them so much but i'm glad they put their foot down.

Oh and now there's a stop light at this intersection, problem solved.

they spent the money defending themselves as they would be the ones who would have to pay. your name is on the suit but theyre the financially responsible party. unless they were suing for more than your policy covers. that's why its important (especially for homeowners) to carry a high amount on personal injury coverage, and not just the basic minimums. cuz when the insurance company $ runs out, they come after your house.

im surprised TX gives illegals drivers licenses. CA does. they claim its so illegals will get car insurance. which in your case it apparently worked. im surprised it took so long but that's because lawyers were involved. which that is also surprising as any personal injury attorney who deals with car accidents knows right off the bat if a case is a loser or not.

i was rear ended by a car load a couple of years ago on the freeway in afternoon traffic. lady was driving but didnt want to give me her info. they tried saying a male passenger was driving. finally chp showed up and obtained her info for me.

Users who are viewing this thread