2.9 whipple guys what fuel system are u using?

Black10thSVT

Established Member
So I have been reading and researching. But I just have not been able to decide. Non return vs return. Triple hat or dual.

I have been leaning on the triple and running two pumps in a return style. But just can't get out of my head that dual GT pumps would do and be easier. I'm looking to make around 650. But 700 would be great.

So a long story short those of you running the 2.9. What fuel system are you using and would you change it. I just don't want to go one way and wish I would have gone another.

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
I have done some research and it seem that triple pump return is the way to go. Better to do it right once and be covered for what ever you need. Plus you can eliminate all the electronic stuff!!

mach1033

Established Member
I have the 2.9 and here are my fuel mods. Fore twin hat, GT pumps, 2 fpdms, bap, aeromotive fuel filter, Fore rails, y block and 80lb injectors. Good for 750 plus rwhp. If you are running the stock upper only then you can get away with 60lb injectors and no bap. Everything else you will need.

Black10thSVT

Established Member
How's E85 availability at your location? It's a game changer.

I have given thought to e85.I know it makes good power. But there is only one e85 station that I know of. There maybe 1 or 2 more. Guess I could get it all for E85 just in case but don't really want to limited to where I could get fuel.

Wonder if I could get an e85 and 93 octane tune on my sct. Can u switch back and forth like that.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
I have given thought to e85.I know it makes good power. But there is only one e85 station that I know of. There maybe 1 or 2 more. Guess I could get it all for E85 just in case but don't really want to limited to where I could get fuel.

Wonder if I could get an e85 and 93 octane tune on my sct. Can u switch back and forth like that.

yes
there's quite a few threads in The Distillery that will answer your questions regarding that :beer:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member

Yes and that is exactly my point, if you build for E85 you can pulley up and make amazing power without tracking down or storing race gas.
You can have both tunes on your Xcal and both pulleys and belts in the trunk.

The run or meet is over and it's time to go home, pop the trunk, put the 93 octane pulley and belt back on, fill up with 93 octane, hop in..... flash the tune back to 93, and drive home getting 93 octane fuel economy, and being able to stop anywhere for fuel on the way.

Running a 2.9 and not building the fuel system and tune to take advantage of both E85 and 93........... while being a Texas resident, would be missing a GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY.

mach1033

Established Member
Yes and that is exactly my point, if you build for E85 you can pulley up and make amazing power without tracking down or storing race gas.
You can have both tunes on your Xcal and both pulleys and belts in the trunk.

The run or meet is over and it's time to go home, pop the trunk, put the 93 octane pulley and belt back on, fill up with 93 octane, hop in..... flash the tune back to 93, and drive home getting 93 octane fuel economy, and being able to stop anywhere for fuel on the way.

Running a 2.9 and not building the fuel system and tune to take advantage of both E85 and 93........... while being a Texas resident, would be missing a GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY.

I gotta move to the Lone Star State ;-)

lxtasy93

The Wheelman
Established Member
after sitting since the November install and trying everything else under the sun I am going to get Lethal's budget return system here in a few days.....

tc3nitall4

SVT Attitude
Established Member
80lb ford racing injectors and lethals triple pump return system. dont have to worry about fuel for awhile

xtreme3169

Established Member
I went with the lethal dual gss342 return setup. The budget kit. I am only using the 3.5" pulley. I wish I had set it up for e85 but didn't. 80 lb frpp injectors, stock feed line, and stock rails. Hopefully it will be enough for 93 and 110. I will have numbers next week, and I will know if this setup is sufficient or not.

Alex

04svtcobrablack

Established Member
I have the 2.9 and here are my fuel mods. Fore twin hat, GT pumps, 2 fpdms, bap, aeromotive fuel filter, Fore rails, y block and 80lb injectors. Good for 750 plus rwhp. If you are running the stock upper only then you can get away with 60lb injectors and no bap. Everything else you will need.

How did you put the fore fuel rails on the 2.9 I heard they don't fit how did you make them fit I wanna put dual fpdms, dual aero 340s, fore dual hat, put -8fuel line, fore fuel rails, 60 lb injectors, in a non return setup. Will this be ok for a 2.9 with stock upper.
My goal is to get 600+ rwhp
Ralph

Last edited:

Slow99x

Established Member
I have been told by several tuners that the return style fuel system is the way the car "should" have been built. They are much easier to tune and can support more power. Do a triple pump return system and never look back.

cobracide

Established Member
How did you put the fore fuel rails on the 2.9 I heard they don't fit how did you make them fit I wanna put dual fpdms, dual aero 340s, fore dual hat, put -8fuel line, fore fuel rails, 60 lb injectors, in a non return setup. Will this be ok for a 2.9 with stock upper.
Ralph

The stock fuel lines and rails support up to 700hp(ref KB), the dual GT pumps and dual FPDM will support about 750hp returnless, 850hp return style (ref Fore).

Short Answer: YES

Last edited:

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Building mine as week speak , mod list:

MDM JR
Fore hat
Twin GT pumps
80's
BAP
stock rails
stock fuel line

will support 750+ hp easily, might not even need the BAP til after 750hp. my buddy Rob that use to work for Pro-dyno in SC gave me recomendations as to what he's seen cars have and need for a given HP level..mainly 3.4L cars.

Last edited:

mach1033

Established Member
Ralph

I had to grind the passenger side rail down just a little bit and it fit just fine

Marc

Established Member
My fuel system I will be installing:

> Returnless System
> Fore Precision Works Triple Pump Fuel Hat
> 3 Ford GT Supercar Pumps
> Zone 5 Performance MDM Mega Driver Module
> Aeromotive 10 Micron Fuel Filter
> Fuel Hose
> Fore Precision High Flow Y Block - Fittings, Clamps, and all Hardware
> Upgraded Fuel Lines

Now, I bought the "Ground Down" FPW works from LFP. I was originally going to use these rails on the Mammoth. But, since I got the Whipple, I am hoping they will still work

lxtasy93

The Wheelman
Established Member
I went with the lethal dual gss342 return setup. The budget kit. I am only using the 3.5" pulley. I wish I had set it up for e85 but didn't. 80 lb frpp injectors, stock feed line, and stock rails. Hopefully it will be enough for 93 and 110. I will have numbers next week, and I will know if this setup is sufficient or not.

Alex

Any word?

I just placed my order for mine & hope to get it on & drive this thing soon :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread