2000 Cobra R on Barrett-Jackson

b4409

Established Member
How many miles does that press car have? Anyway, I'd go $47k on the press car and $55k on the wrapper. 00R is still a mean looking car, so maybe (hopefully) the booze and drama will bring the prices up :)

Saleenrose

Established Member
I have seen the #2 car at Miller Motorsports Park, It really looked sad, well used, and I thought #1 was crashed??? At Miller Ford had all #1 cars except the 00R, it was #2. 93R really looked bad, very faded, Ford member said they just sit outside in parking lot, just cars to Ford.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I have seen the #2 car at Miller Motorsports Park, It really looked sad, well used, and I thought #1 was crashed??? At Miller Ford had all #1 cars except the 00R, it was #2. 93R really looked bad, very faded, Ford member said they just sit outside in parking lot, just cars to Ford.

A close study (well not even a close study), but a quick glance under the hood of #2 shows that there are rusty items. Quick indicators of these cars not being stored properly, rusty discs/plates on top of the front struts, rusty bolts that hold the p/s reservoir to the bracket, rusty alt. and p/s shaft, and we have not looked under the car yet. I would also guess that the aluminum engine accessory bracket and alt. housing are white power/chalky oxidized. These items are going to need attention soon, and some may be pitted to the point of needing replacement already, and like I said, we have not looked underneath. Yes #2 has the history, but I seriously doubt that it would move straight from the B-J auction to a museum spot given its current condition. So the question is.......how much to pay for a 9-10 year old 2000 Cobra R that in reality will need some disassembly and restoration so early in life? And then there is the prestine (properly stored) example with no history or miles for a comparision.

I would not have expected #2 to be stored properly, but, in addition to the history, the wise bidder(s) are going to weigh the "additional" costs of making this a nice example once again. If left alone, it will only deteriorate more.

I have seen other 2000R's on eBay that were in worse rust/oxidized condition under the hood. This #2 is not as bad a some 00R's, even 00R's with very few miles, the issue is........proper storage, not necessarily miles or use.

R

Last edited:

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Hey Robert,

You running for office or something? You danced all around that car and never threw out a number.

So.......what is your prediction for each car?

Tom

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Hey Robert,

You running for office or something? You danced all around that car and never threw out a number.

So.......what is your prediction for each car?

Tom

No dance............it will all come down to the bidder of the #2. If current condition means little or nothing, and history means everything, then the #2 car will most likely bring the higher final bid. If condition is a major factor, then the under 100 mile car will bring in the larger bids.

As for guessing $$$ on either car, with this current market??? I don't know, it would only be a wild guess, and I hate to throw out numbers just for a guess. I would rather seen reality after the dust settles the day after the auction. Of course any of us who own 2000 R Models are happy to see some publicity to remind the public about these cars, but the B-J auction could make, or break the current market for the 00R. We shall see, start the music.............:banana:

R

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Robert can dance?!?!! :shrug:

;-):poke:

O.k. maybe I will throw my hat in the ring. How many miles are on #2? I will need to know that and compare those miles to what has recently bid on eBay, and then add some value for the Ford history.

Does anyone know the miles on #2? I don't see them listed in the B-J info.

My hope is that #296 will go $55K+.

The music has started and I am dancing.......................:banana::banana:

R

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
:shrug:

I'm sure you would look like this: :dancenana:

Tom

That is me.......................................^^, especially if #296 goes $55K+.

But still, no one knows what miles are on #2??? :shrug:

R

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
If the miles arent found, I can try and find out on Wednesday in Vegas and get it to one of you to post here.

Brian

The miles are so important in relation to $$$ value on these cars. It seems that 00R's with 10K-15K+ miles are into the $30K's and then a repaint on this #2, and then it's current condition........So after all of the info. is put together that IS known, "if" this car is a mid-high $30K's car not including the Ford history, what is the Ford history worth?? $20K-$30K?? I seriously doubt it. If this #2 has some big miles on it, it may be a mid-high $40's car given its Ford history, but the miles are going to be the determining factor, unless someone "just has to have it" and we have seen this at B-J before, but it seems like those times are in the past, at least for now.

I am hoping to see the auction. I will be away from my PC from Thurs. morning until Sunday afternoon. I am not sure if the place where I am staying will have the Speed channel.

R

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Hammer prices:
#2 $48.5K
#296 $52.5K

I am going against many of you. I like #296 since it is a low-mile unmolested car. Although #2 was owned by Ford, it wasn't the first one. It also has track miles (as a Pace car), some rust, and a repaint.

Nonetheless, I don't have a clue. I'd never pay someone a 10% commission to help me sell anything. I'd certainly would never buy anything with a 10% mark-up (unless it was too cheap ;-) ).

I attended a land/building/contents auction a couple of weeks ago. This auction company added a 10% commission and GA sales tax (7%) to every successful bid. I bid on a bunch of lots but came home with nothing.
Dempsey Auction Co.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Hammer prices:
#2 $48.5K
#296 $52.5K

I am going against many of you. I like #296 since it is a low-mile unmolested car. Although #2 was owned by Ford, it wasn't the first one. It also has track miles (as a Pace car), some rust, and a repaint.

Nonetheless, I don't have a clue. I'd never pay someone a 10% commission to help me sell anything. I'd certainly would never buy anything with a 10% mark-up (unless it was too cheap ;-) ).

I attended a land/building/contents auction a couple of weeks ago. This auction company added a 10% commission and GA sales tax (7%) to every successful bid. I bid on a bunch of lots but came home with nothing.
Dempsey Auction Co.

Doc - I will place my "guesses" in that same price range also. The #2 car may even do less (closer to $45K). I hope the #296 goes into the lower to mid $50K's, but with this market, who knows?!?!?!? :shrug:

Just because these two cars are going through B-J, doesn't change the fact that any person out there who desires a 2000 Cobra R can, in reality find one in about any condition they desire, right now, and in a wide range of prices.

R

acerothstien

Established Member
My Prediction

I know I am going to be flamed for this ...but we will see.......
this is Barrett Jackson guys not Ebay, I can see it ...touch it ...and impress that call girl I paid $10000.00 to spend the weekend at a car auction with besides what girl doesent love a red mustang?
#2 car
$80,000.00

low mile wrapper
$72000.00

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I know I am going to be flamed for this ...but we will see.......
this is Barrett Jackson guys not Ebay, I can see it ...touch it ...and impress that call girl I paid $10000.00 to spend the weekend at a car auction with besides what girl doesent love a red mustang?
#2 car
$80,000.00

low mile wrapper
$72000.00

No flame from me, if they go there^^^^^^^^, I will be dancing.............:dancenana::dancenana::dancenana::dancenana::dancenana::dancenana::dancenana::dancenana::dancenana::dancenana::dancenana::dancenana::dancenana::dancenana::dancenana::dancenana:..............and be excited to "pay someone" to sell my 00R, if I can come to that point.

R

Last edited:

acerothstien

Established Member
Only 1 problem

No flame from me, if they go there^^^^^^^^, I will be dancing.............:dancenana::dancenana::dancenana::dancenana::dancenana::dancenana::dancenana::dancenana::dancenana::dancenana::dancenana::dancenana::dancenana::dancenana::dancenana::dancenana:..............and be excited to "pay someone" to sell my 00R, if I can come to that point.

R

The only issue with if they bring that kinda money is ....there will be a ton of them in scottsdale BJ auction:xpl::xpl::xpl::xpl::xpl::xpl::mj::xpl::mj::xpl::fm:

Last edited:

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
...and be excited to "pay someone" to sell my 00R, if I can come to that point.

I have a friend in FL that tried to sale a car at Monterey last year, and a buddy in Atlanta that tried to sale a car this year at Monterey this year. The contacted the auction people, and they appraised the cars. They assured them that they could get "top dollar".

Both guys arranged to have the cars shipped to CA. They got hotel rooms and a rental car ($350/ night for a cheap hotel during this week). Each car stayed on the stage for 30-45 seconds. Neither came close to the reserve, and the auction people pestered them to try to drastically drop the reserve lower (although the reserve was below what the auction guys said it would sale for).

So, now they have $5000 more invested in their cars, and the SCM database now shows the car was a no-sale at its first auction.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I have a friend in FL that tried to sale a car at Monterey last year, and a buddy in Atlanta that tried to sale a car this year at Monterey this year. The contacted the auction people, and they appraised the cars. They assured them that they could get "top dollar".

Both guys arranged to have the cars shipped to CA. They got hotel rooms and a rental car ($350/ night for a cheap hotel during this week). Each car stayed on the stage for 30-45 seconds. Neither came close to the reserve, and the auction people pestered them to try to drastically drop the reserve lower (although the reserve was below what the auction guys said it would sale for).

So, now they have $5000 more invested in their cars, and the SCM database now shows the car was a no-sale at its first auction.

And that is the chance that is taken in this type of venture, it also matters what is "Hot" in the current market. If the market is flooded with "like cars", everything changes.

R

Users who are viewing this thread