2000 R oil change video

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Nice job.

I enjoy watching anything with a 00R in it. I did my first oil change awhile back. I used the same oil.

TFStang

Established Member
Cool video. I recently changed my oil as well and it took just about 9 quarts. You sure you actually needed 9.5? I let my oil drain out for hours until there was nothing left and I still only needed just about 9.

nmp1

Established Member
the old oil was hot and i let it drain for 30+ minutes. after i put the new oil in i ran it with 8 and let it sit for 15 minutes to let it run down and added 1/2 quart at a time allowing a few minutes between to let it reach the bottom of the engine before checking again.

i did the oil in my viper as well and it took more than i remember it taking last time. maybe the 5 quart jugs are coming up a little short?

ill check the cobra again later since its been sitting over night

Last edited:

nmp1

Established Member
Just checked it, right on max full level after sitting for 24 hours. It might not have been exactly 9.5 but it was dam close.

nmp1

Established Member
9 was half way up the min/max cross marks on the stick. im sure i would have been fine but i had the oil so why not all they way.

Goose17

Established Member
I don’t have mine in front of me, but does anyone know what the Cobra R supplement to the owner’s manual states for oil capacity?

Goose17

Established Member
Never mind... I had the factory engine assembly pdf on my iPad. The answer is 9.5-9.7 quarts:

E17_D06_BB-_B751-4_C50-_A2_C8-24_C5864_CF4_FE.png

E57_A2_E8_C-4_AAF-42_B6-_A1_FB-9742_F73_F7_E29.png

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks for clearing the amount up Goose.

Nice video, and it was good that you mentioned the need for a larger than normal oil collection pan.

nmp1

Established Member
Goose the OGS says 8.5 with the filter thats why i said that on the video

Goose17

Established Member
Goose the OGS says 8.5 with the filter thats why i said that on the video

I would feel comfortable with 8.5 quarts if that is what the supplement states. I still haven't had a chance to look at mine. That's probably what I put in mine when I did my change. The above document is the engine assembly document from the factory. It could be a "break-in" thing. Notice the illustration of the dipstick... the 9.5-9.7 quarts is shown above the hashed area, which is normally used by owners to check for proper level.

Users who are viewing this thread