2001 Lightning vs 2010 Camaro SS

MarshallJenkins

I made you buckwild
Established Member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcXf60LwH1Q"]YouTube - 2001 Lightning vs 2010 Camaro SS[/ame]

Camaro is stock, M6 and not broken in yet. Lightning has a K&N DropIn. Sorry for the weak footage but this is all we could get today. I'll have some better footage soon!

R1Lello

Established Member
On the Camaro......notice 2 shades of grey between the door and the rear quarter panel?? on both sides...........must be that GM quality

BlueSnake01

Established Member
IDK if I should feel disappointed at the new Camaro's or are the Lightnings that fast? :shrug: I see that the Camaro is not broken in yet but I doubt its holding it that much back.

MarshallJenkins

I made you buckwild
Established Member
On the Camaro......notice 2 shades of grey between the door and the rear quarter panel?? on both sides...........must be that GM quality

hmm... i noticed that too. i think it's just the suns reflection or whatever, cause it looked great in person!

jeffthagiraffe

Established Member
WTF? I put two cars on a lightning in a completely stock 2007 5spd GT.

guess you got luck ive killed a handful of new gt's when all i had was a k&n drop in filter.

to the op get some dig races in or from a lower role and you should get ahead of him untill around 90 or so thats the only bad thing about these trucks they r heavy

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
To be honest, that Camaro should have walked him. Dude in the SS needs to put his god damn hat on right or shove it up his ass.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
Wow, even being a lightning owner i expected the L to get walked a little hard. Damn i was wrong. I guess i should be happy but im not.

Dont those SS's have a mighty LS engine....i bet with some mods it will dominate our heavy trucks.

Krwy

Established Member
Wow. I would figure the SS would pull that truck. I can't imagine what a pullied and modded L would do to that SS.

venomws6

Established Member
Very weird race good runs from the L.

But keep in mind SS 50mph in 3rd gear we're talking under 3000rpm!!!!!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I did expect the SS to walk the Lightning from the get-go. So kudos to the Lightning for holding its own until higher mph. Gotta hate all that weight, LOL!. Broken in or not, the SS driver was WOT and I doubt the result would be different 1,000 miles from now.

Hey Venom, that is one awesome Z06 you have there. :)

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
WTF? I put two cars on a lightning in a completely stock 2007 5spd GT.

Must have been the 99/00.....

I am kinda surprised the SS didn't win by more. It weighs less, has more hp and is more aerodynamic. Not bad for a dop in L.

Wow, even being a lightning owner i expected the L to get walked a little hard. Damn i was wrong. I guess i should be happy but im not.

Dont those SS's have a mighty LS engine....i bet with some mods it will dominate our heavy trucks.

The SS should have the 6.2......they're supposed to be 425hp I think.

Same thing can be said for our trucks as far as mods go- it's not like the Lightning in this "race" was modded.:rollseyes

damn at that rate a bolt on 5.3 silverado would do better than both

Yeah- if you consider a SC or Turbo a bolt on!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread