2001 Lightning vs 2010 Camaro SS

snkchmr 1

IDK if I should feel disappointed at the new Camaro's or are the Lightnings that fast? :shrug: I see that the Camaro is not broken in yet but I doubt its holding it that much back.

Must be a import style excuse for these guys. Thats what a local guy that was bragging on his 420 HP Camaro told me that his needed to be broke in first. :rolling:

svt5.4

SALLY NUTS RACING
Established Member

I'm still waiting on you to except my race with that turbocharged SS against my turbocharged Lightning. Lets give these guys they same race as the OP but with faster cars/truck...Whatcha say????:eek:

IShb3w

Established Member
I raced my buddy's '10 SS and took him by two cars from a dig. From a roll i won by like half a car. We randomly floored it on the highway when a ricer decided he would be "cool" and do a fly-by, i had both my windows down and he pulled a car on me. Lesson learned: ROLL YOUR WINDOWS UP.

I dont know how you did so well against this maro, seeing as ive smoked a stock lightning on the highway before. Either way, congrats, and do a dig run next time please.

Taunto

Established Member
and what.. we all do highway rolls now a days... u know they dont allow u to do highway rolls at the track. do a dig. im sure that lightning would do much better

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
How many miles are on the Camaro? Those things come with a nanny tune until 500. Once that's over with they really wake up.

This race needs to be redone for sure. I think I know a guy who can set this up. My 03 L with a K&N FIPK vs. his '10 Camaro. Guess I'll have to dust off my video camera.

And we'd go from a dig too.

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
Not sure on the new stuff, but I remember when LS1 F-Bodies were stock, they were picking up 10-15 rwhp after getting some miles on them, and getting broken in.

MarshallJenkins

I made you buckwild
Established Member
I'm still waiting on you to except my race with that turbocharged SS against my turbocharged Lightning. Lets give these guys they same race as the OP but with faster cars/truck...Whatcha say????:eek:

This sounds badass, I wanna see it!

How many miles are on the Camaro? Those things come with a nanny tune until 500. Once that's over with they really wake up.

This race needs to be redone for sure. I think I know a guy who can set this up. My 03 L with a K&N FIPK vs. his '10 Camaro. Guess I'll have to dust off my video camera.

And we'd go from a dig too.

At the time of the race he had about 100 miles or so. He just got the damn whip, lol. And I seen your post over in Road Kill, I say you should do it. Weather over here has been shitty and we havent been able to get any runs in lately.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
i happen to come across a black ss a few months back and from around a 60 roll the maro could only pull about 2 cars on my L up to about 115-120, my L was stock save for a JLP CAI, boost bypass, and no mufflers. Im not overly impressed with the maro, BUT i just figured it was cuz i live at 5000FT above sea lvl, guess i was wrong, they must suck everywhere =P

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
At the time of the race he had about 100 miles or so. He just got the damn whip, lol. And I seen your post over in Road Kill, I say you should do it. Weather over here has been shitty and we havent been able to get any runs in lately.

Now see, you posting that vid here with the CAmaro crippled by the nanny break-in tune is going to give it a bad name. Shame on you :nono:

It's raining here the rest of the week. I'll see what I can do this weekend.

MarshallJenkins

I made you buckwild
Established Member

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
The SS was in 3rd twice at 50 he should of been in 2nd.

The last race SS was in second and still fairly unimpressive IMO.

What were the miles on the SS- over 500 is no more nanny tune right?

If that was on the "nanny tune" then these results make a lot more sense- if not then I'm very surprised the SS isn't quite a bit faster. They weigh what?- 400lbs less and looking at the stock dyno sheet that was posted the SS in the race should have about 30 or so more RWHP than the L- that should have been a straight walk from the jump.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
The last race SS was in second and still fairly unimpressive IMO.

What were the miles on the SS- over 500 is no more nanny tune right?

If that was on the "nanny tune" then these results make a lot more sense- if not then I'm very surprised the SS isn't quite a bit faster. They weigh what?- 400lbs less and looking at the stock dyno sheet that was posted the SS in the race should have about 30 or so more RWHP than the L- that should have been a straight walk from the jump.
+1 Even at those speeds with in those gears, the tq line is just too damn smooth and high. Again, even if its below 500 miles I doubt that itll make less than 400 hp at the crank, even that should be more than enough to beat the L. They should make a re-run from a dig and a roll, these races ended too quick. Also, they weight less than 400lbs more like 700 to 800lbs

Last edited:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
This 500 mile thing is interesting....

--------------------------
500 miles on the dot....
2SS/RS 6 speed manual LS3

Tires used on the pass: stock
Performance Mods (if any): stock
Category submitted for: stock
60'............. 2.046
330'........... 5.562