2001 Lightning vs 2010 Camaro SS

S8ER01Z

Established Member
+1 Even at those speeds with in those gears, the tq line is just too damn smooth and high. Again, even if its below 500 miles I doubt that itll make less than 400 hp at the crank, even that should be more than enough to beat the L. They should make a re-run from a dig and a roll, these races ended too quick. Also, they weight less than 400lbs more like 700 to 800lbs

Well lets not forget the Lightining isn't exactly making 2V power either... ;)

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Well lets not forget the Lightining isn't exactly making 2V power either... ;)
:beer: I hear ya'. IDK dont get me wrong, I love the new Camaro's I think they are really nice compared to the new Mustang's and I know how well the LS3's are and perform with certain bolt on's. On this vid though it disappoints, but its only one vid anyways. I know the L is making 380hp 450 tq but it still weights 4600+ lbs compared to the SS 426hp and 420 tq 3800 lbs+ car. Most track times are in the low 13's, very small amount are in the 12's. Hopefully they start changing later on. At least they are stepping their game up with the new Z/28 to compete against the GT500, looks like it wasnt scrapped after all. :beer: Chevrolet Camaro Z28 is GO! - Motor Trend

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Now see, you posting that vid here with the CAmaro crippled by the nanny break-in tune is going to give it a bad name. Shame on you :nono:

It's raining here the rest of the week. I'll see what I can do this weekend.

Even if the so called "nanny tune" pulls 50 hp it still doesn't help the car out that much.

Anybody got any links to the tune? info?

themadgnome

I don't talk stock
Established Member
Although I honestly thought the SS would have had an easier time with the L since both were stock, I am not at all that surprised. The last time I was at the track a new SS was there and was averaging 13.3's-13.5's all night. The cars make decent power, but they are just to heavy (and ugly) to be impressive.

outlawphotoguy

Established Member
Looks like the Camaro pulled away and won every time!!!?!?!???!?!???? Whats the big deal anyways, who gives a shizz who won, whos heavier, whos got better gears, whos had a passenger, who has a sprained ankle, who had a full tank of gas, who ate too much greasy food for dinner, who has 20 years of drag racing experience and who hasn't, and is it broke in!!???!?!!??!?, doesnt the manufacturer 'break in' every engine before it is even put in a a chassis??? I only have ever put about 5 minutes of 'break in' time on every race engine I have ever built for 25 years before I ran it WFO...... and there has been no noticeable difference in E.T.s from the first run and the 1200bazzilioneth run......................... it all point of view in my opinion........... but still fun to race and watch someone race... love the sounds wheter youre runnin' 12s or 8s......

Users who are viewing this thread