2012 a6 are my 4.10's alittle too much?

casper gt

Established Member
Im thinking tune, mid pipe and gears 3.73 with some sticky tires should be good. i don't think i will go to the track, just want to have fun on the street and take out my brother in-laws cammed g8.

sounds like a good plan for an all around street car.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
A 3.31 is the best N/A gear or an auto. It will run through in 3rd and it makes the car more consistent and keeps 1st gear usable.

Tune/tire with a stock 3.15:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QON4fQ6jm4E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bolt-on's with a 3.31 in much worse air:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fdM2fQ4UKvU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You trapped 124mph in an auto with bolt-ons? :dw:

wbt

Banned
You trapped 124mph in an auto with bolt-ons? :dw:

Yep. It is actually more however the 1/4 mile MPH is off at the track we run at and was verified through datalogging. It should be somewhere between 126 and 127.

You can find more here:
WWW.S197FORUM.COM

When the weather cools here in the Fall, I will be back out shooting for the 2011+ N/A record.

casper gt

Established Member
just an update for auto guys that might find themselves in my posision.

I tried 3.31's & lost everywhere, plus the car felt flat to boot.

the 4.10's are back in & a stepped up tune along with a boss intake swap are done as well.

I'll have updated track times soon.

I would like to thank wbt for all of his support behind the scenes through out my decision making on this topic, I wouldn't have even bothered trying if it wasn't for his support & even though it didn't work out in my case, it may help someone else make a decision.

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
4.10's in the A6 FTW!

What size tire are you running? Im running 28" rears w/ 4.10s in my a6 and its the winning combo. 1st gear launches hard out of the hole.

scotmach

Established Member
just an update for auto guys that might find themselves in my posision.

I tried 3.31's & lost everywhere, plus the car felt flat to boot.

the 4.10's are back in & a stepped up tune along with a boss intake swap are done as well.

I'll have updated track times soon.

I would like to thank wbt for all of his support behind the scenes through out my decision making on this topic, I wouldn't have even bothered trying if it wasn't for his support & even though it didn't work out in my case, it may help someone else make a decision.
What do you mean lost everywhere? What are your times with the 3.31's? The 4.10's? Need a little more info and I'm not talking seat of the pants LOL.
4.10's in the A6 FTW!

What size tire are you running? Im running 28" rears w/ 4.10s in my a6 and its the winning combo. 1st gear launches hard out of the hole.

What are your times with the 4.10's including 60ft?

cdog1157

Established Member
dont get me wrong.. when im doing spirited driving my mpg sucks... but during my to and from commute to work... averaging 80 mph on the highway ill go from 25-28 mpg.

I call bullcrap. There's no way you are getting 25mpg with 4.10's driving 80mph at 2800 rpm. I've got the stock 3.15's and don't get that, my 2011 had 3.55's and the best I ever got was 23mpg driving 65mph. Maybe your car's calculator needs rebooting.

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
410's in mine....hits hard with the stock converter just stabbing the throttle off idle launches.... 1.77 60' best to date!

Mods to Run 11.65 @ 119 are:

Brenspeed 93A Tune
BBK LT Headers
BBK ORX
2011+ GT500 Mufflers
Resonators Delete
Eibach Pro Springs
BMR Panhard Bar
BMR Rad Support Bar
Front Sway Bar Delete
Rear Axel Weights Removed
Windshield Reservoir Emptied
Front and Rear Seats Removed and Replaced with Single RCI Race Seat
Racestar 15" Fronts
17x8" 99/00 GT Pony Rims with 275/40/17 M/T Drag Radial

Planned Mods to Run Deep into the 11's boost free:

JPC front and Rear Bumper Supports
Aluminum Driveshaft
K Member
A Arms
Circle D TQ Converter

Last edited:

calgarybandit

Established Member
I had 3.73 and 4.10 just switched to 3.55 and by far this gear is best of both worlds for the auto. In my sig is all my mods I have not ran it at the track yet.

casper gt

Established Member
What do you mean lost everywhere? What are your times with the 3.31's? The 4.10's? Need a little more info and I'm not talking seat of the pants LOL.

my best time as of now (have't run it with the new tune & boss intake yet) was posted on the first page of this thread but it was 12.10 @ 116 with a 1.85 60'.

now that summers here, the car typically runs 12.35ish @ 115 with a 1.90-1.92 60'

with the 3.31's & a tune to favor them IMO, the car went 12.56 @ 113 with a 2.09 60'.

I only made one run with them, but it was enough for me.

the car also felt flat the whole way down the track way down the track.

casper gt

Established Member
4.10's in the A6 FTW!

I have 295/45-17 et street II's, so just a tad over 27" tall or pretty much stock height, depending on how you look at it.

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
I had 3.73 and 4.10 just switched to 3.55 and by far this gear is best of both worlds for the auto. In my sig is all my mods I have not ran it at the track yet.

My 3.55's finally go in next week, can't wait. Seems to be the best all around gear. I plan on trying them with my some borrowed 28 inch slicks so maybe I can even stay in 3rd although I dont think that shift makes a huge difference.

Ozzy5_0

Established Member
I have 295/45-17 et street II's, so just a tad over 27" tall or pretty much stock height, depending on how you look at it.

Hey man im new to the forum, ive seen what you and wbt have written thus far on this forum, great info!

But im confused as heck with my car. I have the one first 2013 5.0 down here in Miami ( since april 4) and ive doing more exterior mods than anything. but now that I started doing mods on the engine im not running as great as when I first got the car.

Stock with 235/50/18 all season tires I ran 8.4 on 1/8, I have the slips to type later if anything.

But after Bama 93r tune, bmr lcas, 295/35/20 Nitto Invo rims my car ran 8.555!!!!!!

Are the rims too big?
Ill post up my slips tomorrow, hope on of you guys can chip in, and sorry for thread jacking

Holovacko

Established Member
Your wheels may be heavier, but those tires aren't going to make a difference. The tune should of made a difference though. You ran at the track around April? Then again around July? Probably the heat down there in Florida, holding you back. You need drag radials.

Users who are viewing this thread