2013 gt500 goes 217.3 mph at the texas mile!!!

Derek5774

Established Member
Unless ATI has the diameter of the 10% OD lower listed incorrectly, you're at the limit of the KB SC speed at 7000RPM engine RPM with your last pulley combo according to KB's website. Now given the fact you aren't turning the 7000 RPM in the 5th gear. You could short shift it in the lower gears and stay under the blower max RPM limit and be able to twist it harder in 5th gear at the end where it counts.

Innovators West shows the 10% OD as 7.95" in diameter, where as ATI lists it as 7.81". Somewhere somebody has the diameter listed wrong for the 10% lower, yet both have almost identical diameters for the 15%, 8.12" (ATI) versus 8.13"(IW). But both 10% lowers are twisting the SC above 18,000 at 7000 engine RPM. I don't know how much abuse these SC can take and you may be able to twist it to 22,000 RPM and without a failure. It creates more heat, but you have the cooling system to handle it from what your saying. Van would know how far you can push the SC and tell you whether its going too far or not, I'm sure. Is a bigger blower better? A good question. Time will tell at the next event. If you can control IAT2 at the big end with the smaller blower and not worry about a structure failure of the gear drive assembly, bearings and bearing plates........I say go for it.

I thought that was the reason for the second gear launch. I figured this allows you to get to a higher road speed with a lot less drama in a shorter period of time and ground covered versus using 1st and having to shift to second. This would give you a better opportunity to reach top speed at the mile.

In the video.........you made it look very easy to do.......FANTASTIC JOB!!!!! I enjoyed watching, Thank You for sharing

we will get with Kenne Bell and figure it out, and thanks it felt easy because the tires and suspension did their job, car was smooth and planted the whole way

Congrats Derek! I saw the run from the starting line, car hooked, went straight and pulled like a freight train!

-Tim

THANKS TIM!!

bpmurr

Established Member
Congrats on the run. That's flying yet the car was super composed. Impressive!

Van@RevanRacing

What Derek achieved is simply amazing. The fact that some trolls want to come into this thread in an attempt to derail his success is simply childish and shows complete disrespect and ineptitude for the sport of Standing Mile Land Speed Racing and the man himself. Stop calling out for bull crap street racing and bring your whatever you have to the Texas Mile and run what you brung. Otherwise trolling isn't going to be tolerated by the members of this forum. This man deserves the respect and accolades he's getting regardless of what a few locals think. Derek doesn't owe anybody nothing. He wrote the check and he cashed it.

GT500662

Established Member
Envy is a very ugly thing Derek....I don't know you, but I want to congratulate you on your run at the mile. Very impressive! Jon

Grabber07'

Established Member
Lot of insecurity on the haters part....always "locals" who want to measure dicks to try and keep their "reputation" on the "streets" as king dingaling.

Pathetic and laughable

Softballer77

Established Member
Someone hear a noise on here? Some, funny sounding noise? Guess it's just me...anyways...

...Derek great run man. It's been a pleasure watching the vids and pulling off some great runs.

Maybe we will see drag racing side by side (with safety barrier between) for a full mile in the future? That would be pretty intense. Derek, you will definitely have the head start if they do on other drag racers!

STCobra

STREDEYE
Established Member
Strong running car-Damn!!! I was there and it was a thing of beauty to see this car run. No nut swingging here but I do give fkn
credit where credit is due!!! I wanted to meet Van as I have bought parts from him before but he was in his RV and I didn't want
to bother him-next time. Once again, Derek, great, great job......

Smackiavelli

Established Member
Badilac is now on vacation.

Toooooooooobbbbbbbbbbb!!!!!! <shaking fists at sky>>>

I had just finished scrawling a tender and empathetic response to Badiquack that I think every deferential contributor to this thread would have appreciated. Oh well, I guess it is a take that was just not meant to be. Probably best for Badinosack anyway.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming: Sick run, Derek! Props to you and your guide to G-Force nirvana, the man with the master build plan: Ladies and Gentleman, D. Van. Way to kill it.

Derek5774

Established Member
Congratulations! Very Impressive. What is required as far as safety equipment on the vehicle for this speed run?

Tom

Roll cage, 5-point harness, fire extinguisher,
FRC clothing, and gloves

There are in depth rules on the Texas mile website

Users who are viewing this thread