2013 gt500 goes 217.3 mph at the texas mile!!!

Derek5774

Established Member
My 2013 GT500 made a glory pass producing 217.3 MPH at the Texas Mile!!
and every run was 200+!! in a full weight street car with me driving the hell out of it
This car has a fully built 5.8 by L&M, Kenne Bell 3.6, ID1300's, Kinetik Motorsport cooling package, American Racing 1 7/8 Long tube headers, T56 Magnum XL, E85, LUND racing Tuned, Fore Triple 465 return fuel system from Revan racing
and it still gets the groceries

I want to Thank Van at Revan Racing he started me on this. I was running a bone stock car at the Texas Mile in October 2012 and I wanted to go faster. At that time, calling local shops for help only left me waiting for phone calls that never came. I didn't know anything about racing, Van talked to me and consulted my build from day one. He got me the first round of parts that made the fastest stock blower car at that time 193.6 MPH.
There is probably thousands of face book messages between us discussing the build and driving technique and parts. He has taught me a lot to make this happen, pointing me in the right direction to tuners like Lund.

Jon Lund always provides support every time, Their tunes kept my car safe and made it perform like it should.

The guys at Kinetik Motorsports did the most recent installs and went over my car when it was a mess, they checked and fixed everything so that I could make it down the track safely. They did everything I asked for and in time for the Texas Mile.

and one more THANKS to all that helped me ice and push car to the line, Kinetik crew, Van, and all the guys in the snake pit

an unlimited budget does not always get results, but involving the right people does!!

but as I always say, "VIDEO OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!" SO HERE IT IS! CRANK UP THE VOLUME AND ENJOY!! 1,000+ HP Shelby Wreaking Havoc on the Texas Mile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UU-qbX9jwqjvwdvs674MOdnA&v=xrMWyy4hBbQ&feature=player_detailpage

cluscher

Established Member
Congrats! Do tell what it's like to roll at 217. Looks like a Sunday cruise in the cockpit but I know it can't feel that way. BTW, what driveshaft do you run?

Derek5774

Established Member
Congrats! Do tell what it's like to roll at 217. Looks like a Sunday cruise in the cockpit but I know it can't feel that way. BTW, what driveshaft do you run?

its an aluminum drive draft that came with the Magnum XL,

and Nelco, you need to come out and see me again, stay tuned for March, I'm going to release those details later

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Awesome.. congratulations!

giphy_zps5daa1cbf.gif

Derek5774

Established Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414461108.606789.jpg

Not going fast??
Check the GPS data

The magnum XL has a direct mounted shifter
It don't miss gears plus it can handle more torque than my stock TR6060

HOOSIER R6. 315/40. 19 that only Van could get

They stuck and did work all weekend

Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome run man, your definitely moving, I truly think your Shelby can run 220+ and get a new record.

Bad Company

Established Member
Great run Derek!!!!

Bolt a 4.2 or a 4.7 on it and the speed will go up. What pulley combo were you using with the 3.6? I'd imagine that you are spinning the 3.6 close to or over max RPMs and this is eating some Hp. The larger displacement SCs will free up Hp at the same boost level, but also give you the opportunity to add boost for more Hp too

Can you explain the reason for pulling off in second gear? Less chance of blowing the tires away in first?

Users who are viewing this thread