2013+ GT500 signed by Carroll?

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
What Im saying is that his foundation is a scam. Your rest of your argument is fine. But don't bring in that foundation.

If you donated $100 to it. $10 of it makes it to the kids.

I do a charity event yearly, called cars and copters. Once the food, tents, tables, chairs and rental equipment is paid for. All of the proceeds go directly to the kids. We took in $19k in 6 hours this year, 16k of it went to the kids. I'm a nobody compared to Shelby. How do they have 90% admin costs? It's either terribly inefficient l, or somebody's getting paid

I absolutely hate when you donate money to a cause, and the majority of the money doesn't go to the cause. It's just wrong.

With all due respect, Chris, I have to call into question your cognitive abilities. It doesn't have 90% admin costs. If you want to say that the foundation hasn't always been managed the best, you have a fair argument but your post above makes it sound like someone has taken that money and bought strippers in Vegas with it. The average person who does a drive by and reads your post without following up to read the facts themselves might actually believe the lies you are attempting to pass off either intentionally or by ignorance. If that has the effect of reducing future donations, then you, my friend, have done a grave disservice.

The money that has not been given away is still in the foundation, where it grows so that it can be given away for years to come. That is the way an endowment works. Your charity event was a different animal, it was your intent to immediately give away the proceeds, and there is nothing wrong with that. The intent of the CSCF was and is to build a capital base with which to give not just this year, but to give sustainably for years and years to come.

Read one of the articles from your list, including the response from CS himself. This is probably the core article that the drive-by "journalist" was picking his headline from:

Snake Charmed? - Autoweek

The articles state that there was no fraud or illegal activity going on. The advisory board is made up of volunteers. There were, at the time of this article, three paid full time employees who made a moderate salary managing and processing the fundraising activities like shipping autographed items. The article itself says that these expenses are not out of line... And I might add they are certainly not 90%.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Take from it what you will. I stand by what i said. I feel The foundation is a joke. He started it, he doesn't/didn't run it. Some other idiot does/did and it's a sham.

I'm not the only one who feels that way. That's my opinion.

And please, with all due respect, don't call into question my cognitive abilities. I'm the one that always brings facts to the table, and constantly dispels the rhetoric of others.

My opinion, and the opinion of many others is that the foundation that bears his name is a joke. I've maintained this stance for years.

A fact, however, is that his signature on a car isn't worth squat. Doesn't increase the value of anycar. The name on the back of the car is all that matters. That's what sells cars.

Last edited:

steeltoe

Established Member
You are free to have your opinion of course.

Im just the type of guy that if a little fact like last Shelby Carroll had input on brings them joy or gives them a sense of accomplishment in life, I'd be the last one to ruin it for them.

I guess you are the type of guy that just can't allow someone else to enjoy what they have and leave it be. You either didnt like yours or couldn't afford to keep it, so it seems we shouldn't enjoy ours. Its okay, you won't admit that, but its pretty clear that is the likely scenario. Hope things pick up for you.:beer:

It's doesn't bring them a sense of accomplishment it's all about selling cars and making profit and people eat up the Ford/SVT marketing bullshit.

I posted a pretty lengthy reason on why I sold my car in another thread and it had nothing to do with not likening the car because I actually did like the car other owners however is a different story and it had nothing to do with not being able to afford the car either.

Fact is it's just another Mustang and putting sharpie scribbles on it does nothing but take away from the cars value.

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
Fact is it's just another Mustang and putting sharpie scribbles on it does nothing but take away from the cars value.

Well Im sorry you feel that way about cars. It brings a lot of joy to us though, so let us enjoy them sans the shit parade, yes?

USV8PWR

Established Member
The idea of his signature not adding, or actually taking away value, is simply ridiculous! A signed 2010 - 2012 air bag covers typically go for around $1500, + or - a couple hundred, on Ebay! AND if anyone ever did produce an authentic hand signed 2013 airbag cover, and documentation/photos, to prove CS signed it before he died then look out. That thing will be worth a ton because it would be 1 of 1 or 1 of just a very few due to CS dying before the 2013 production really ramped up.

IMO it would have been an honor to have him sign my car, because he started the whole thing dang thing. Without Shelby's success in the 1960's with performance enhanced Mustangs (he was the first before the Mach or Boss programs which really just leached off of CS success....the argument can easily be made that Ford has also done some stealing in the past as well) Ford may have never created the SVT program! I mean his team even adding the little Cobra emblems on the side of the cars beginning in 1967 is the reason we even have had the Cobra emblems on the SVT cars since 1993! Without CS, we would have probably had another Mustang emblem on the side...surely not some Cobra. Ford didn't come up with that idea themselves. I could go on and on...

As little involvement as he had, or didn't have, in the 2013/2014 Shelby cars doesn't really a valid argument make either. Tell that to the 1968 to 1970 Shelby car owners whose cars were built by Ford, not CS America. Regardless of his past issues, and Ford's own past issues, we should remember his influences on the Mustang and give him credit for helping to transfer a "mule into a racehorse".

OP...thanks for the thread and the later clarification that you were initially incorrect about it being a signed 2013 airbag cover. Not a lot of folks on here have the guts to publicly admit when they are wrong, however silly it might of been for. It's still a really, really cool piece, and I promise you it's worth more than $0 or negative $$$. :rolleyes: But you already know that Sir.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Buddy- a signed dash does not increase the value of a GT500. No one pays MORE for a signed GT500. That's a fact.

Please show me on any valuation tool, the box you check that says "signed by Carroll Shelby" show me the option on any search search tool that shows that.

It doesn't increase the value of the car.

Just like I can go by a KB supercharger on eBay for $5k. Doesn't mean the car is worth $5k more. It might actually be worth less.

To You it might be. But you're different. And that's fine

I've always liked you, but man you are disillusioned.

Last edited:

nickf2005

Established Member
Buddy- a signed dash does not increase the value of a GT500. No one pays MORE for a signed GT500. That's a fact.

Please show me on any valuation tool, the box you check that says "signed by Carroll Shelby" show me the option on any search search tool that shows that.

It doesn't increase the value of the car.

Just like I can go by a KB supercharger on eBay for $5k. Doesn't mean the car is worth $5k more. It might actually be worth less.

To You it might be. But you're different. And that's fine

I've always liked you, but man you are disillusioned.

Chris, you may want to let the salesman I talked to last week know this. He talked out his anus and told me it could be worth $30,000 more.

You and I both know that's not true, but I would love to show up with a signed dash and accept that offer.

Posted via Topify using Android

steeltoe

Established Member
Well Im sorry you feel that way about cars. It brings a lot of joy to us though, so let us enjoy them sans the shit parade, yes?

Let me think about that ummm no because I know stupid threads like this and what will these cars be worth in 30 years will be made and I'm going to post my thoughts. If you want to hang out with all of CS's nut swingers you can always go join teamshelby.com.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
That being said, I don't want anyone signing my car. Especially not someone that had 0 to do with the development of it.

Aw crap. I was passing through Boston when I came upon a heretofore unsigned Shelby. So I quickly grabbed the Sharpie that I always have with me and proceeded to lay my best John Hancock on an inconspicuous section of high dollar real estate. My bad.

:p

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Aw crap. I was passing through Boston when I came upon a heretofore unsigned Shelby. So I quickly grabbed the Sharpie that I always have with me and proceeded to lay my best John Hancock on an inconspicuous section of high dollar real estate. My bad.

:p

Hahahaha shoulda let me know you were in town!

dubbsfaris

Established Member
Let me think about that ummm no because I know stupid threads like this and what will these cars be worth in 30 years will be made and I'm going to post my thoughts. If you want to hang out with all of CS's nut swingers you can always go join teamshelby.com.

Well that just shows what an ignorant dumbass you are.

Im the Team Shelby Regional Director for the Southern Plains. While I don't exactly brand myself as a Carroll Shelby Nutswinger, I did get the honor of enjoying his company, even having dinner with him, and all the great times it has given me. Have you ever had a golf cart race with Bob Bondurant in the middle of the night? I have. Have you ever done tequila shots with the president of Shelby American? I did. Did you ever get to drive triple digits down a deserted road in a museum car with the director of Ford SVT? Check that box off. Then there are the things I can't even mention in public.:rockon:

What you don't understand is that by simply buying a GT500, I went from a nobody with nothing to do with the automotive world, to doing some of the greatest things you could imagine. That goes straight back to my first point. I turned owning a gt500 into something much bigger than possession of a car, I turned it into a lifestyle. One that has brought me countless treasures and memories, and even made me money from time to time. Hosting events for charity and Team Shelby even allowed us to do an event with Americans and their own Shelby's to ship them to Europe, drive across 2800 miles and 9 countries, the nurburgring, the Italian coast, the French alps, and even on track top speed at LeMans. To you, it was just another car. That's too bad. I see you owned a Raptor- I can tell you just as many great things owning one of them has brought me. To you it was a truck.

You may not see the pattern- but I am POSITIVE the rest here do.

I treated you with respect and dignity, now you can just be dead to me like the rest already treat you as that bratty kid someone brings to a party you just have to ignore.

Good day sir.

5.0 guy

Established Member
well that just shows what an ignorant dumbass you are.

Im the team shelby regional director for the southern plains. While i don't exactly brand myself as a carroll shelby nutswinger, i did get the honor of enjoying his company, even having dinner with him, and all the great times it has given me. Have you ever had a golf cart race with bob bondurant in the middle of the night? I have. Have you ever done tequila shots with the president of shelby american? I did. Did you ever get to drive triple digits down a deserted road in a museum car with the director of ford svt? Check that box off. Then there are the things i can't even mention in public.:rockon:

What you don't understand is that by simply buying a gt500, i went from a nobody with nothing to do with the automotive world, to doing some of the greatest things you could imagine. That goes straight back to my first point. I turned owning a gt500 into something much bigger than possession of a car, i turned it into a lifestyle. One that has brought me countless treasures and memories, and even made me money from time to time. Hosting events for charity and team shelby even allowed us to do an event with americans and their own shelby's to ship them to europe, drive across 2800 miles and 9 countries, the nurburgring, the italian coast, the french alps, and even on track top speed at lemans. To you, it was just another car. That's too bad. I see you owned a raptor- i can tell you just as many great things owning one of them has brought me. To you it was a truck.

You may not see the pattern- but i am positive the rest here do.

I treated you with respect and dignity, now you can just be dead to me like the rest already treat you as that bratty kid someone brings to a party you just have to ignore.

Good day sir.
+1,000,000

We can all THANK the Chicken Farmer[Mr. Carol Shelby] for these cars.
If not for Ford going to him in the 60's where would we be.
Carol Shelby is why we today have the American Muscle Car's form the past to the present.
He has unleashed all the Horses/Ponies for us.
We as owners are very fortunate & as loyal owners should all Thank Mr. Carol Shelby for not just Ford but other Automobile companies.
And yes his Heart Foundation is something we can be very Thank Full for.
Just think how many induvials have a second chance in life due to Mr. Carol Shelby's Heart Foundation & all the Science studies that Doctors,Scientist have studied & discovered for the future studies of this life savings of today & future Americans with Heart problems.
Yes we all can Thank Mr. Carol Shelby [A True & Loyal American that also Produdly Served his Country at the time when his COUNTRY needed him inlisting in the Armed Forces by sacrificing his life for his COUNTRY the USA.

Last edited by a moderator:

dubbsfaris

Established Member
Thanks for the passion Joseph! Just for future reference, its Carroll, not Carol.

Gotta say it Chris cuz its bothering me. I notice there are many sales guys willing to diminish the name, the achievements, the value of Carroll Shelby....

....until it can make YOU money. Then he is the most exclusive, valuable name in the industry. Im disappointed his name carries such little weight for you now that there are no more GT500s to sell. Sorry to be so blunt, but I get defensive after a few drinks.

dubbsfaris

Established Member
That man must've done nothing but sign shit all day long, everyday,for years!!!

Don't know how much you make Mike, but if someone gave you just a hundred bucks everytime you signed your name, I bet there wouldn't be a blank wall in all of Manhattan.:shrug:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Thanks for the passion Joseph! Just for future reference, its Carroll, not Carol.

Gotta say it Chris cuz its bothering me. I notice there are many sales guys willing to diminish the name, the achievements, the value of Carroll Shelby....

....until it can make YOU money. Then he is the most exclusive, valuable name in the industry. Im disappointed his name carries such little weight for you now that there are no more GT500s to sell. Sorry to be so blunt, but I get defensive after a few drinks.

Yep. Many car salesman are like that. Good thing I'm not a car salesman,
And havnt sold a car in a dealership lot in 12 years.

You're relatively new over here dubbs, but if you had time, you could read back through all my posts. I've never personally bashed him. I've never praised him either. I've also never used his name as a basis to sell any of the 3, yes 3 GT500s I've owned/own, nor one of the 4 other SVT Cobra's I've owned

I guess I'm just not as naive as others. His name is on the back of the car because of name recognition, with a certain generation and legacy. There is no doubt in my mind that be did ALOT for the automobile industry, particular for automotive enthusiasts in his day. BUT I am not so blind to see, that this car, the 13/14 GT500, he had anything, other than licensing rights to do with.

I'm not a fan of his foundation, that's my opinion based on the things I've heard and the research I've done over the years. I know you have alot to do with Shelby, but I have ALOT to do with Ford. So I may see things in a different light than you. And that's ok. That's how the world works.

However, Ford needed to sell cars, they met with him, licensed his name. And it worked: kudos to both of them! Both are obviously very smart. Because 07-14, the cars have been a success.

Back to the point at hand. Yes. Signed dash pieces sell on eBay for whatever. But a Shelby GT500 isn't worth more if he's signed it. Some idiot car salesman at some stupid car dealership might tell you so. But he'll also try to sell you the gaff-wax and tell you it'll save your paint! So take that from whence it comes. That being said. If there is a 13 GT500 that he reached in and signed the dash on. THAT dash would be worth some money. Because he was on his Death bed when they were coming off the line. So unless someone rolled a GT500 into the hospital, or someone rolled his bed out to the parking lot. It simply doesn't exist, and the point is completely MOOT.

For the record: I'd own the car if it was called a Ford Dildo, a Ford Barbie, a Ford Pinto, a Ford Mustang Cobra, or it's Current Ford mustang Shelby GT500. (Have said this countless times before) Why? Because I'm a FORD guy. And the car itself is truly awesome. I'm not naive enough to NOT see how much he has done for the industry, it's a very small piece of the industry, however. And I'm thankful for what he did. But I'm also not naive enough to worship him as an Iacocca, like others have here.

Shit my dogs name is Shelby, I get it

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread