2013 GT500s Testing at Road Atlanta and Commerce

91svtbird

Established Member

Captain Beyond

Established Member
Great times for a heat soaked car in less than favorable conditions. Expect better times to come. It's gonna get ugly for the zl1 when these two cars go head to head. Great job Ford/SVT. :beer:

Last edited:

Detroit Iron

Established Member
Premium Member
It sure is a good time to be a Mustang fan. I'm sure many of us remember suffering through the lean years ('94-'02). The 4.6 DOHC was the only thing Ford had that was even competitive with the LT1/LS1. Times sure have changed.

This new GT500 elevates the power levels to something I personally never thought we would ever see from the factory. And the future looks bright, I'm not sure how long the 5.8 will stick around, but I'm pretty excited about the 5.0's future. Maybe the next generation GT500 will have a TT 5.0. There is no question that the new GT500 is the king of the muscle cars for the forseeable future. Great job Ford and SVT, you made us proud!

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
And how many have construed Kerry's lack of shades reaction to the sun as a stink face (or a Get ready to dive!! face)?

7222640730_82667a0e3f_b.jpg
LOL get ready to dive face!!!!, like Petey Pablo says "I love bitches but I aint drunk enough to do dat". :rolling:

Panzerfaust

Established Member
First off, kudos for an outstanding thread and great pics.

Second:
Is it me, or did I notice that all the cars with drivers not wearing helmets had the 1-piece chin splitter, while all the cars with helmeted drivers/roll cage had the bigger chin splitter? If you look back on this thread to page 5/6 or so, it seems that the cars with the helmeted drivers had the bigger (multi-piece) splitters in place. I'd read that all GT500's came with the larger (multi-piece) splitter in place, so this piqued my interest....

WiscoTiger

Established Member
What I thought was funny....
On a different thread, there was a poll done on what colors you would/did/should order. I believe DIB was far and away...#1. I believe the most popular DIB combination/stripe was black. Oddly, out of all the pictures of the cars at Road Atlanta....0 DIB/Black.

peteypab2133

Established Member
What I thought was funny....
On a different thread, there was a poll done on what colors you would/did/should order. I believe DIB was far and away...#1. I believe the most popular DIB combination/stripe was black. Oddly, out of all the pictures of the cars at Road Atlanta....0 DIB/Black.

What am I missing here. I forget what DIB stands for all of a sudden.

peteypab2133

Established Member
Deep Impact Blue sir.

oh okay thanks.

And also... Why have I only seen 1 picture of Sterling Gray. Driving me nutts. I keep getting excited when people post photos, but none of that color. Either its undesired or rare. Hopefully its more "rare" lol

peteypab2133

Established Member
wow, black with white stripes looks awesome. Always thought that would be to much contrast, but it looks strong.

Panzerfaust

Established Member
First off, kudos for an outstanding thread and great pics.

Second:
Is it me, or did I notice that all the cars with drivers not wearing helmets had the 1-piece chin splitter, while all the cars with helmeted drivers/roll cage had the bigger chin splitter? If you look back on this thread to page 5/6 or so, it seems that the cars with the helmeted drivers had the bigger (multi-piece) splitters in place. I'd read that all GT500's came with the larger (multi-piece) splitter in place, so this piqued my interest....

To answer my own question, I saw in other pictures that Ford let the press take the cars on the street. I'm assuming they took the deepest portion of the chin splitter off of the non-track cars, to minimize encounters with curbs. No sense getting a write up like "good car but the splitter scrapes in parking lots...". I like Ford marketing's attention to detail. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread