2013_GT500_Commerce_3_043.jpg

2013_GT500_Commerce_3_044.jpg

2013_GT500_Commerce_3_045.jpg

2013_GT500_Commerce_3_046.jpg

2013_GT500_Commerce_3_047.jpg

2013_GT500_Commerce_3_048.jpg

Donnie-RN

Established Member
I am really digging the black with white stripes and the red candy with with white stripes. I'm ordering later in the summer and the color choice is going to be agonizing!

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member

still trying to figure out how having my very own opinion of something, as a grown ass man makes me childish? :dw:

doesnt matter, i really dont care....most of us agree here that both the ZL1 and GT500 are fantastic cars, which you chose is entirely up to you! for me its the mustang, i would like a test drive of the ZL1 as an enthusiast. Now when we talk about people themselves, well thats different I highly disagree with how that site is run and the mods that run it. encouraging people to act the way they do is pitiful, but hey it is their site so I give them that...

if I am in fact the most wanted, im not hard to find....just come say hi and we can meet up :beer:

01GTB

Established Member
Let me promise y'all something about Atlanta Dragway. That track is usually always .3+ tenths slower and i personally have been down 4 MPH in a mid 10 second car. That track is the second slowest I've ever been too. No way could anyone set best times there over most other tracks. Always a head wind and there is an elevation increase. A 11.8 would be easily a 11.5 at most tracks....

I agree with you 100%. I ran there at a FFW event years ago. The track has an elevation a little over 1000'. DA was consistently over 2000' all weekend and over 2500' a lot of the day. That was in April. My car was off 4/10ths and 4 mph.

reason4treason

Established Member
wow, black with white stripes looks awesome. Always thought that would be to much contrast, but it looks strong.

First time I've ever seen a photo of this color combo. (Thanks again for the postings) That's what I ordered, although with base wheels and glass roof. The white seat accents will go along well with the overall tux look. I think seeing one, of any color in-person is going to have a different level of impact too about whether you're feelin' that specific color combo. I wouldn't choose the candy red/black combo, but the vert on page 5, especially the rear view looks stunning.

I might get flamed for saying this, but I think a matte black everything, paint-wheels-badges would be one evil lookin' mutha, especially with the thunder of that exhaust

SHELBYSVT20

Established Member
I might get flamed for saying this, but I think a matte black everything, paint-wheels-badges would be one evil lookin' mutha, especially with the thunder of that exhaust[/QUOTE]

+1000! :banana:

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
First time I've ever seen a photo of this color combo. (Thanks again for the postings) That's what I ordered, although with base wheels and glass roof. The white seat accents will go along well with the overall tux look. I think seeing one, of any color in-person is going to have a different level of impact too about whether you're feelin' that specific color combo. I wouldn't choose the candy red/black combo, but the vert on page 5, especially the rear view looks stunning.

I might get flamed for saying this, but I think a matte black everything, paint-wheels-badges would be one evil lookin' mutha, especially with the thunder of that exhaust

Matte Black/Sonic Blue or Mystichrome stripes.

blair223

Established Member

I've been thinking that from the start. I priced getting the car wrapped in matte black for around $3500.

reason4treason

Established Member
I've been thinking that from the start. I priced getting the car wrapped in matte black for around $3500.

So say for example in a few years, if/when reselling, can that wrap be removed as easily as the vinyl stripes? And is the original paint left 100% intact underneath, so it is as if the wrap was never there? How durable is that wrap? (for example, on a trip of a couple hundred miles in summer heat, bugs can get baked on pretty hard. is it a major PITA to clean such a situation without damaging the wrap?) How would you go about the badges? Matte the originals? Was addressing badges, faux gas cap included in that $3500?

I'm 4th allocation, so obviously your stuff is going to arrive long before mine. I'll be keeping an ear open to see how that goes for you if you decide to do it.

blair223

Established Member
So say for example in a few years, if/when reselling, can that wrap be removed as easily as the vinyl stripes? And is the original paint left 100% intact underneath, so it is as if the wrap was never there? How durable is that wrap? (for example, on a trip of a couple hundred miles in summer heat, bugs can get baked on pretty hard. is it a major PITA to clean such a situation without damaging the wrap?) How would you go about the badges? Matte the originals? Was addressing badges, faux gas cap included in that $3500?

I'm 4th allocation, so obviously your stuff is going to arrive long before mine. I'll be keeping an ear open to see how that goes for you if you decide to do it.

I was told that removal would leave paint 100% intact and from what I have read, have no reason to doubt them. One vendor at a car show was removing and reapplying wrap each day of the show to demo how easy it was. Seems it is very durable from what I have found out so far, though I would look for some type of guarantee if I decide to do it. Badges I may just leave off. The one on the grill would be enough and I like the total stealth look. The $3500 was a ballpark quote so did not get into details as to what was included.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
We have a couple of new videos from Ramairgt1.

The first is a high-res version GT500 launching at Commerce:

[youtube_browser]C74QP8wY9BM[/youtube_browser]

The second is a compilation of clips from Ramairgt1:

[youtube_browser]awCO4DsNzEU[/youtube_browser]

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
SID, did you get my PM about having you help host the pictures and videos?

I've got a handful more, and I plan on doing some videos early in the week unless someone beats me to it.

EDIT: also, first video has been removed...

Users who are viewing this thread