2013 Shelby Focus ST for $40K

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
When Shelby partnered with Chrysler to build the FWD pocket rockets in the '80s they were still affordable. Adding $15k to a Focus is insane. I'd rather have a stock ST and modify it my way. It would look better and probably drive better for less money. Now I AM a Shelby fanboy, but this is ridiculous.

MysticRob

Established Member
Once again Shelby Inc uglifies a nice vehicle and charges out the ass for the name. Starting to feel like the mid-80s again with them plastering his name all over Dodge products they then crapified.

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
I was excited to hear they were making a Shelby Focus until I saw the price--I can get a lot of car for that $$.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
blah blah blah, bitch moan bitch moan. if you don't ****in like it then don't ****in buy it. the wonders of capitalism, you have a CHOICE.

you guys are funny. its only 3k more than a VW GOLF R. lol
haven't you heard bro? the latest trend for ford fanboys is to take a steaming dump all over anything that bears the shelby name:bored: things like a $37k VW golf R are irrelevant, they merely get in the way of the shelby hate.

Last edited:

6.0GTO

Established Member
you guys are funny. its only 3k more than a VW GOLF R. lol

Volkswagen was smart enough to put 4-motion on the car though. Sure your down a bit of power at 256 but there is plenty of aftermarket for the TSI motor and your starting out with AWD for thousands less. The Golf also is not trying to take the Catfish title away from the old Camaro like the Focus is.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd rather taker the Ecoboost AWD Fusion and see what mods you can do to that. Sure, there is no manual but I could deal with it. For $40k could you get a new SHO? I've not looked at their pricing.

truefiveo

Established Member
This is why no one should buy anything with Carrol Shelby's name on it.

hB4C8142B

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
I wonder what the torque steer on that thing is like.
I don't care whose name is on it unless it's AWD 40k is too much$
Looks ok if you took the badging off.

coposrv

Established Member
I had 2 friends with GTPs and both a few mods. The torque steer from those cars was stupid. 300 front wheel horse power for 40k sounds stupid.

mysterio

Established Member
You are missing my point. Ford produced a 25k car that performs well for its class, so Ford did not "fail" as you put it.

Shelby added 15k to the price with its package, and I agree that it puts the car far out of its competing class.

I love the Focus ST, but for $40K...:nono:

I'd simply buy a base ST and modify it myself to my power, handling and look desires and skip the Shelby moniker.

You both nailed it. A Focus ST owner can put a Cobb tune, intake and Magnaflow exhaust (among other brands) on the car for under $2k, and wake the car up nicely. Plus not be stuck with those ridiculous looking stickers.

Over on the Focus ST forum, which already has a couple hundred owners, a grand total of ONE person (to the best of my knowledge) has ponied up the $15k for the Shelby package. Most recognize it for the overpriced hype job that it is.

And if you think that Shelby package is ugly, take a look at the hideous tire-tread stripe down the hood of the Tanner Foust edition:

COBB Tuning Introduces 300-hp Tanner Foust Edition Ford Focus ST

Yikes.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, I would skip the Shelby package and do the mods on my own. More for less!

caveeagle

Currently Decompressing
Established Member
shelby or not... I hate it when these packages cost more than the sum of the parts. Thats what really steared me away from buying a new cobra for so long.

It was nt until sept of '04 when I was able to buy my new TR Cobra for $32k. IMHO, that was a steal of a deal. There is no way you could upgrade a Mustang GT to be anywear close to spec with a stock cobra from under $32k.

That is just not the case with this little focus. Strip off the shel-bling, bring down the price a bit and you could have something special. I still keep my eyes open for just the right deal on an older SVT Focus that I might like for a tooling around eco car.

Users who are viewing this thread