2013 Shelby GT500 Drag Times Thread

dustin88lx

Established Member
What was the density altitude when you ran your 10.81?

According to the calculator I just used 1850 was the DA at the time I made my 10.81 run. Honestly I made two runs that night after it cooled off the first was a 11.03 and the second the 10.81..The car could have went faster but I also had a 9.5hr trip from KY to FL the next day and didn't want to run the risk of breaking something.

Last edited:

Slowponycar

Established Member
photo-42.jpg

Stock on 1/8 mile track

rdsnk46

Established Member
Drove the Ask the Advisors GT500 last night, I want to thank Jeremy Foreman employee from ATA a long time friend and Jeff Hoover the owner. I'm very lucky to be able to race a modified(IW 15% Lower, CAI and Diablo dyno tuning) GT500 and not have to spend a dime.

Well Jeremy Lewis was driving the ATA GT500 at the time of the ZR-1 roll race some of you may have seen. Last night Jeremy Foreman drove the 500 out to PBIR and asked me to meet up with him for some strip pointers and to run her down the 1320 myself.

Prior, Foremans PB was a 12.0 pass @ 122, he made his first pass and bested a 11.97 @ 122 mph. He asked me to try to make a few passes to feel the car out. The air temps were in the high 80's and we did not cool the car down at all between passes. The car has base GT500 wheels with Nitto DR's

First pass, 3500 rpm launch the car spun and I cruised down the track. I noticed the clutch seemed to be on/off, not much in the way of slip. Also the on/off style clutch seemed to hit the tires and suspension hard. Thus the spin, track prep was obsolete as we were a group of maybe 20 cars total for evenings test and tune. Low car count equals no track prep due to financial cost of the trak bite.

Quick check of the tire pressure reveiled 30 psi, dropped to 20 psi. Back to the lane. Unsure of the track condition and the tire/suspension combo, I broke my own golden rule of only changing one variable at a time. I dropped the tires and launched @ 2500 rpms instead....the car bogged and then I clutched the car mid 60' and it went 2.1 60'. Shifted the car smoothly and went 11.96 @ 124.99.

I pull back to the pits and Jeremy tells me it's last call, recommends I try to drive it hard one pass for another best.

3800 rpm launch and the car goes 2.0 60' but it's spinning all through first. I lift and the throttle hangs.........then the motor RPM and trans RPM are not matched anymore and the trans locks me out and I cant shift into second. I get the car in gear after the throttle drops and I cruise down the rest of the strip.

Next mods will be rear suspension, with the lower pulley and CAI it seems the car has so much TQ the suspension cant hang on a Nitto DR.

Stay tuned for more updates with new parts and faster track times.

Andy

dustin88lx

Established Member
Drove the Ask the Advisors GT500 last night, I want to thank Jeremy Foreman employee from ATA a long time friend and Jeff Hoover the owner. I'm very lucky to be able to race a modified(IW 15% Lower, CAI and Diablo dyno tuning) GT500 and not have to spend a dime.

Well Jeremy Lewis was driving the ATA GT500 at the time of the ZR-1 roll race some of you may have seen. Last night Jeremy Foreman drove the 500 out to PBIR and asked me to meet up with him for some strip pointers and to run her down the 1320 myself.

Prior, Foremans PB was a 12.0 pass @ 122, he made his first pass and bested a 11.97 @ 122 mph. He asked me to try to make a few passes to feel the car out. The air temps were in the high 80's and we did not cool the car down at all between passes. The car has base GT500 wheels with Nitto DR's

First pass, 3500 rpm launch the car spun and I cruised down the track. I noticed the clutch seemed to be on/off, not much in the way of slip. Also the on/off style clutch seemed to hit the tires and suspension hard. Thus the spin, track prep was obsolete as we were a group of maybe 20 cars total for evenings test and tune. Low car count equals no track prep due to financial cost of the trak bite.

Quick check of the tire pressure reveiled 30 psi, dropped to 20 psi. Back to the lane. Unsure of the track condition and the tire/suspension combo, I broke my own golden rule of only changing one variable at a time. I dropped the tires and launched @ 2500 rpms instead....the car bogged and then I clutched the car mid 60' and it went 2.1 60'. Shifted the car smoothly and went 11.96 @ 124.99.

I pull back to the pits and Jeremy tells me it's last call, recommends I try to drive it hard one pass for another best.

3800 rpm launch and the car goes 2.0 60' but it's spinning all through first. I lift and the throttle hangs.........then the motor RPM and trans RPM are not matched anymore and the trans locks me out and I cant shift into second. I get the car in gear after the throttle drops and I cruise down the rest of the strip.

Next mods will be rear suspension, with the lower pulley and CAI it seems the car has so much TQ the suspension cant hang on a Nitto DR.

Andy

Very nice....it does take some time to get used to..I initially started out with 2.3 60ft times and by the end of the night I was dropping 1.98-2.0's on stock tires pretty consistently. The trick for me on stock tires was to find the right launch rpm which for me was 2500rpm and getting the right amount of wheel spin...I haven't been able to use the launch control to well....I prefer going off the foot....I have a few more upgrades I'm putting on to help me with that soon....

Times updated!!! Keep em coming..

rwboring

Established Member
8016_10100940926253299_1155918689_n.jpg

Rwboring.............2.21............................ ..8.15..............................89.62......... ...................12.33.......................... .115.93...................... (M)................. RD

Last edited:

Evolution

Established Member
Evolution...................1.50......................6.46..............110.35.............9.95................142.36........... (M) CAI, TB, HD, T, LP, GR, DR

Evolution Modifications:
JLT Plastic Big Air Intake
Ford Racing Dual 65mm Throttle Body
ATI 15% Overdrive Dampner
Thump Racing Billet Tensioner
American Racing 1 7/8 Longtube Headers with Off Road X-Pipe
Barton Shifter with Flat Stick and Black Ball
Line Lock Kit
Stock Clutch
Strange Front Race Brakes
07-12 Shelby GT500 Rear Rotors and Caliper Mounting Brackets
QA1 Front Coil Over Struts
QA1 Rear Adjustable Shocks
Steeda Upper and Lower Control Arms
Steeda LCA Relocation Brackets
Steeda Panhard Bar and Brace
Steeda Anti-Roll Bar
Weld RTS Wheels - Front: 17X5 Rear: 15X10
MT ET Drags 28X10.5-15

Dyno Run Stock: 582 RWHP 605 RWTQ
Dyno Run Modified: 773 RWHP 786 RWTQ

564953_10151805640085648_330984124_n.jpg

Darth Racer

Established Member

Andy

Use slicks!

Evolution...................1.50......................6.46..............110.35.............9.95................142.36........... (M) CAI, TB, HD, T, LP, GR, DR

Evolution Modifications:
JLT Plastic Big Air Intake
Ford Racing Dual 65mm Throttle Body
ATI 15% Overdrive Dampner
Thump Racing Billet Tensioner
American Racing 1 7/8 Longtube Headers with Off Road X-Pipe
Barton Shifter with Flat Stick and Black Ball
Line Lock Kit
Stock Clutch
Strange Front Race Brakes
07-12 Shelby GT500 Rear Rotors and Caliper Mounting Brackets
QA1 Front Coil Over Struts
QA1 Rear Adjustable Shocks
Steeda Upper and Lower Control Arms
Steeda LCA Relocation Brackets
Steeda Panhard Bar and Brace
Steeda Anti-Roll Bar
Weld RTS Wheels - Front: 17X5 Rear: 15X10
MT ET Drags 28X10.5-15

Dyno Run Stock: 582 RWHP 605 RWTQ
Dyno Run Modified: 773 RWHP 786 RWTQ

564953_10151805640085648_330984124_n.jpg

That is extremely impressive for any car, let alone one that the motor hasn't been opened up yet. Just for reference, what did all those parts cost and what would be the down time and labor, if you could.

dustin88lx

Established Member
I was wondering when EVO was going to post some times up for us....have a new #1 spot...to be expected...all times updated...its all good though I'll be knocking on those 9 sec. doors real soon....

Fourcam330

Established Member
Another vote for a Sticky please.

Good info guys thanks for posting.

Anyone have a VBox and 60-130'd yet?

Thanks

rwboring

Established Member
new times... used "sport" mode... hit button twice with brake on

Rwboring.............2.24......................... ... ..8.03..............................90.88......... ...................12.11.......................... .119.11...................... (M)................. RD

and for the record even with it on i had to let off one run because the 2nd shift blew the tires off and on 3 different runs I spon hitting 3rd... I really need to try a different track...

On a side note there was a C6Z06 there and he trapped lower then 119 on the runs i saw

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread