2013 Shelby GT500 Drag Times Thread

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
VERY nice! First VMP GenII I've ever seen results with. Sounds about right as I trapped over 137 with all bolt-ons late summer before the ported blower swap (which should be equivalent to a GenII).
I still haven't been able to get back, looks like Milan next Sunday one and last chance til spring :(
-J

TTlambo

Established Member
image.jpg

Just need slicks now, 4 passes back to back and very consistent! I'm hoping for high 9's with a killer 60ft.

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Now that is impressive 4 runs back to back.
We will be very close performance wise, I'm thinking of swapping the 3.73s for 4.10s, what trap RPM are you seeing?
What tire and launch RPM?
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Sounds about right, first post, cherry popped :)
Nothing but frustration on the stock rubber
-J

A.M.R

Established Member
IMAG0355_zps1828527e.jpg

[video=youtube;pvoiP5AF5hM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvoiP5AF5hM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Mod List

-CAI
-TB
-T
-GR
-FS
-RS
-SS
-WR

A.M.R

Established Member
Snorman, can you please update my old time with the new ET above. I included all the mods.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
I'll submit my time slip from this past Aug. at my local grudge day event @ St. Thomas Ontario Canada.

Car did [email protected]. Not exactly happy with that time (I feel it should do better) but based on my limited mods (aimed more for lapping than drag racing) I guess the time isn't too bad.

2ilgad3.jpg

The car: 2013 Shelby GT500 PP, TP, Recaros, Nav (full weight car no weight removal)

Mods: Res. delete, Air raid filter, Steeda components on rear suspension, 18x10" Enkei RPF1's with 315/30/18 Hoosier DR's.

Someone took this pic at the event (don't know if the pic was taken when I did the 11.64 pass)

IMG_5982_zps6de2ec0a.jpg

Didn't know DR's would wrinkle like that :)

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Cman01:
Yep, that's showing how/why the DR sidewall works.
Your MPH is really low.
What are your shift points? Did you run it out through the traps or get out of it early?

Nickoli: Nice pass, that's definitely moving and would have been an awesome 1/4 pass.
Any pics of the trunk ice tank?
-J

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Car was heated up before that run (never iced it or ran the IC pump in the pits).................a tad humid that day if I recall. Why I feel the '13/'14 Shelbys in the configuration provided by Ford is not a drag weapon but it sure works well on the track doing lapping sessions. With the 18" drag radials I have to shift to 4th or I hit the limiter in 3rd just before the finish line.

To me, it needs a gear bad and I'd like to do a tune and run an ORP to lose the cats then see how it does.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Gotcha, shift right before traps explains the MPH.
Might want to discuss with Van and it probably depends on the tracks you run, but I'd think 3.73s would help both drag and road course.
-J

Cman01

hello
Established Member
My buddy does all the calculations and keeps getting on my case about gears. He wants me to run 4.10's and keeps at it that the track that I lap at most (Mosport) that gear will be fine. I tell him there's no way 4.10's will find its way into my car (he is biased towards drag racing). I will eventually do 3.73's or at most a 3.90 gear.......................either one of those should work great on both drag and road course.

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
My buddy does all the calculations and keeps getting on my case about gears. He wants me to run 4.10's and keeps at it that the track that I lap at most (Mosport) that gear will be fine. I tell him there's no way 4.10's will find its way into my car (he is biased towards drag racing). I will eventually do 3.73's or at most a 3.90 gear.......................either one of those should work great on both drag and road course.

4.10s are way better in these cars than 3.73s if you're under 800rwhp.

Nickoli

Established Member
Cman01:
Nickoli: Nice pass, that's definitely moving and would have been an awesome 1/4 pass.
Any pics of the trunk ice tank?
-J

Thanks.
It's not the prettiest right now but it works. I didn't want to cut off the air pump mount so it sits up a little. The tabs on the sides were a little too narrow so that's why I have that aluminum piece holding it. I'm Planning on having the return bung put on the back side and taking off the bracket so the whole thing sits down lower like it should and so I can put the carpet back in. When I drained the straight water out to add antifreeze for the cold weather, I found out the system holds around 8 gallons total! Lol
D7E97D71-067D-4F77-9236-3C503A499267_zpsvpdvp2cj.jpg

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member

As a drag guy I'd also say the 4.10s are the way to go.
I went 3.73s knowing I'll be over 800rwhp but even then, I liked the 4.10s better for off boost driving around town/cruising.
I guess I was just used to the shift points and liked how it felt off boost.
If you road race, I do think the 3.73 best all around gear.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks.
It's not the prettiest right now but it works. I didn't want to cut off the air pump mount so it sits up a little. The tabs on the sides were a little too narrow so that's why I have that aluminum piece holding it. I'm Planning on having the return bung put on the back side and taking off the bracket so the whole thing sits down lower like it should and so I can put the carpet back in. When I drained the straight water out to add antifreeze for the cold weather, I found out the system holds around 8 gallons total! Lol
D7E97D71-067D-4F77-9236-3C503A499267_zpsvpdvp2cj.jpg

F*ck pretty, its functional and gave you big gains :)
But yes, I'd also make it fit correctly over the winter. I'll probably PM you for some advice when we tackle that part of the project, its awesome for street/strip cars.
-J

Nickoli

Established Member
No problem. I have a bunch of pics and can help. I didn't drill any holes or cut anything on my car but one factory hose I needed.

Users who are viewing this thread