2013 Shelby GT500 Drag Times Thread

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Updated with BOSSPOWER's entry. Sorry...haven't checked in on this thread in a while and we have three new times. For the last two, can you please post a pic of the timeslip to show track and date?
iDWOaM.jpg

S.

mds370

Established Member
new pb

10.60%20MIR_zpsltikuwze.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Maryland International Raceway 5/2/2015 Right lane

Mods

UP , CAI, T, GR, DR, MP

Last edited:

ThomasL

Established Member
Left Lane:

IMG_3034_zps5rnny9gb.jpg

Mods:
JLT CF intake
VMP dual TB
VMP Gen II TVS
LTH
O/R X
Drag radials
Weight Reduction
Rear Suspension
E85

ThomasL

Established Member
Impressive, what do you have done for weight reduction? About how much weight did you save?

Took out the passenger seat which is about 50lbs also back seat which is 25-30. BPS rear brake kit, gt front brakes, sway bar removed, BMR rad support. So ballpark guess is it saves probably 150-200 total. The seat removal is an easy ~80lbs in 5 or 10 minutes

Blackdevil77

Established Member
Took out the passenger seat which is about 50lbs also back seat which is 25-30. BPS rear brake kit, gt front brakes, sway bar removed, BMR rad support. So ballpark guess is it saves probably 150-200 total. The seat removal is an easy ~80lbs in 5 or 10 minutes

Wow, that's pretty significant. How much boost are you running on that Gen II TVS? On E85, I'm surprised you aren't trapping 140-ish. I'm toying with the idea of swapping the stock blower with a more efficient one for a bit of a bump in power without increasing boost. I like the appearance of the whipple 2.9 blower and remember reading that they broaden the torque curve as well.

ThomasL

Established Member
Wow, that's pretty significant. How much boost are you running on that Gen II TVS? On E85, I'm surprised you aren't trapping 140-ish. I'm toying with the idea of swapping the stock blower with a more efficient one for a bit of a bump in power without increasing boost. I like the appearance of the whipple 2.9 blower and remember reading that they broaden the torque curve as well.

I'm at 19lbs of boost now. I've trapped in the 140s a few times and as high as 144. The air is just bad down here this time of year.

Eleanor14

Established Member
Ran the car yesterday at the AAA Dragway. Ran an 11.4 @ 129 with a crappy 2.05 60ft time. Car didn't hook in first and I had to baby the 1-2 shift to make sure it goes into gear. Mods- I just installed a JLT CAI, CJ Twin TB ,MRT H-Pipe, Lund Tune.

I plan on running a few more times to dial in my 60, then do the upper pulley. Actually, my car is BEGGING for a 3.73 right now, so I think that's going to be the best bang for my buck. Fun times...Nothing like coming home and smelling like rubber and gas from a day at the tracks.

Blackdevil77

Established Member
Got a new personal best. Track was Raceway Park in Englishtown, NJ on 5/15/2015. Not sure what the DA was, but clouds were rolling in and it started to drizzle and there was a STRONG, continuous head wind, which I think hurt my mph, especially since I got a better mph when the car was stock on my best pass of the night.

Here's my new PB. Mods are FRPP dual 65mm throttle body, JLT carbon fiber 127 intake, Lund tune and Toyo proxes R888 tires. I could of gotten a better 60 foot
20150515_203358_zpsxrhepku8.jpg

And the head wind died down a little and my mph went up. I think if I got the same 60 foot as I did on my best pass, I would of gotten 11 flat or close to it. I'm not submitting this one to be entered, just posting it for the mph

20150516_032023_zpskj7zglrd.jpg

Blackdevil77

Established Member
New tune runs very VERY strong! It was hot as hell at the track (just under 90) and I'm basically trapping 130mph. I'm very curious to see how she does in the cooler weather. Again, with another crappy 60 foot. This was my first pass. 2nd pass I spun and got a 12.4, I never got a 3rd pass. Next time I'll be going with some Micky Thompson ET Streets on 18 inch rims.

Mods are JLT intake, Ford Racing dual 65mm throttle body, 10% overdrive pulley, Realspeed Automotive tune, Ace Powerforce twin disc clutch, MGW Gen 2 shifter, and Moser axles.

20150705_142536_zpsucad6jz5.jpg

Kel

Established Member
Nice run...did you see any KR (I know you've been chasing that issue for a while now)? What fuel? How big of a difference was the MGW gen 2? How do you like the Ace clutch?

Blackdevil77

Established Member
Nice run...did you see any KR (I know you've been chasing that issue for a while now)? What fuel? How big of a difference was the MGW gen 2? How do you like the Ace clutch?

Barely any KR, on that run there was a 1 quick spike of .50, then nothing. Car runs fantastic and strong as hell. I was using BP 93 octane pump gas. The MGW Gen 2 is fantastic, very precise. It's stiff compared to the stocker but it's loosening up a bit with break in. The Ace clutch feels great to, no problems or complaints there. Everything worked like a charmed.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice, getting close, change nothing and wait til fall? :)
What's your launch technique with the R888s?
Been looking for an excuse to run them and just bought a '93 Cobra that will be a daily non winter driver, planning to running the Toyos.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread