2013 Shelby GT500: Nurburgring Testing : Video

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
WhatTime.jpg

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
its been pretty obvious for a while that Ford releases these little videos one at a time every week...just a quick jab here, quick jab there. Do I care about a 'ring time? absolutely not..I know what I bought the car for. They tuned it there which is what most companies do and that should suffice, I dont understand this obsession with this "new benchmark" now...he said it right at the end " bragging rights" nothing more...Its great this car can be an all around performer, so kudos to Ford even with the "antiquated SRA" as many call it. I still think it will beat the zlwhat around most tracks, and most definitely smashes it where 99% of races happen: the street/highway and the strip. Works just fine for me! :beer:

Last edited:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Car is going about 178 when it passes under the little bridge and drops to a low of 173 off the throttle, gets a couple mph back before it has to brake hard.

178 through a kink isn't too bad for a car that can't turn and may fly off the surface at any moment in a parking lot full of cones.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
That leads me to believe you may actually know what it ran at the Nurburgring too.
Spill it.
S.

:lol:

He has known all kinds of information through this whole thing, however he cant say certain things until hes given the OK. He has been very helpful though in giving us little tidbits of info. Im sure we will find out eventually :beer:

01LightningGal

Gloria
Established Member
He obviously knows. He will do what he did before the '13 was released, and give us little tidbits.

JUST ENOUGH TO DRIVE US CRAZY !!!!! :D

Do I actually care what the car will run on some track that I will never see with my own 2 eyes. No. Do I think it will make for great discussion, and drive some folks craze. Yes. This is why the times would be fun.

178 through a kink isn't too bad for a car that can't turn and may fly off the surface at any moment in a parking lot full of cones.

LMAO !!!

Last edited:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Car is going about 178 when it passes under the little bridge and drops to a low of 173 off the throttle, gets a couple mph back before it has to brake hard.

:lol1::lol:

thats right! how could I forget that the 2 minuite video and biased opinion article by inside line suggested this very fact! why even that comparo is on the front of the camaro5 website! they have certainly run with that as if that is the one true test!:bored:

Drwalker02

2013 GT500 Addict
Established Member

thats some of the funniest sh1t ive heard in a while...:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread