2013 Shelby GT500: Nurburgring Testing : Video

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
If the zl1 had a decent interior I'd be interested. Under the hood looks I can forgive as it's closed most of the time. Even if the GT500 post a little slower times around a track I'll trade that for the better interior and under hood appeal. IMO the Camaro interior sucks. The numbers are impressive thru the turns on a track, but as I've said before the street is where I'll be. If the ZL1 had a bit more power and the interior was up to par I'd be on the fence. For the street my 2011's handling is great, add to it the 662 hp, launch control, adj suspension, lighter weight and I'm more than thrilled.

When I meet a ZL1 on the street, I won't be at all concerned.

Last edited:

Klay

Established Member
I started a thread regarding this and all the guys didn't give two chits about the almighty Nurgurgring times, its good to see that the SVT team does. Its important to the overall package of this new beast.

Releasing a video of the gt500 at the ring doesn't prove svt cares about ring times. All it proves is they want to show us how the car handles itself at this track. I guarentee they care a lot more about the data they collect testing the car then the actual times it runs.

Dbk already spoke on this but how does not showing a time mean they got worse? What other performance times have they shared? Any times from other tracks? Any 1/4 mile times from various tracks? They didnt release anything so that tells me they arent focused on telling us what they were able to get. Sounds like they prefer to let the numbers private owners and magazines get speak for them.

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
It is one thing to not care about Nurburgring times (I don't), it is another thing to feel compelled to post in defense of the GT500 every time that word is uttered. The Shakespearean phrase, "The lady doth protest too much" comes to mind.

Everyone who owns a GT500, or is a Ford aficionado, would prefer that the GT500 bested the ZL1 on every single measure. Saying otherwise is pure bullcarp! If I do not go to the strip, should I not care what the GT500 will do in the 1/4 mile? If I never engage in a friendly street test, should I not care if the traction control is effective?

Last edited:

Hwy. Chile

Established Member
It is one thing to not care about Nurburgring times (I don't), it is another thing to feel compelled to post in defense of the GT500 every time that word is uttered. The Shakespearean phrase, "The lady doth protest too much" comes to mind.

Everyone who owns a GT500, or is a Ford aficionado, would prefer that the GT500 bested the ZL1 on every single measure. Saying otherwise is pure bullcarp! If I do not go to the strip, should I not care what the GT500 will do in the 1/4 mile? If I never engage in a friendly street test, should I not care if the traction control is effective?

I think those that say they have no care at all about lap times are only counterbalancing those that arrogantly claim road racing is what should matter, claim the ford falls short on ring times and therefor is behind the chevy. I rest assured Ford tested the car at various road courses and do pay attention to skid pad, braking, etc. data. But I don't need to bench race lap times and make allegations about Ford's decision thus far to not release times. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread