2013 sho

GBNFG 03 DSG

Established Member
Are they worth the money? I have an opportunity to get what I think is a good deal. Out the door 41K. If you have one, or a friend has one could you let me know what you like about it, and what you don't. Thanks.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've driven several. Not a 2013, but a 2011 and 2012. They're basically a hopped up Taurus Limited. The performance aspect of them in stock form is average, but they respond VERY well to tunes.

I'd say go for it.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Take a look at the Charger SRT8 and Chrysler 300.

IMO, better bang for the buck. I test drove the SHO and SRT8 Charger and the Charger was miles ahead.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
The SHO is a great car however I do not believe its value is $40k. Really the 2010 is not much different and can be had in the high $20's. Do you want to lose 12-14k of value in 2 years?

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
The SHO is a great car however I do not believe its value is $40k. Really the 2010 is not much different and can be had in the high $20's. Do you want to lose 12-14k of value in 2 years?

this. its a great car for $30k.

Planter

Banned
from what I've read the performance possibilities are very very good though. bigger snail and some modest engine improvements like a CAI, among other things should make it more fun.

I'd say go for it. I'd love to have one, but out of my price range right now.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Test drive both a new SHO and a new Chrysler 300/Charger SRT8. You really need to get behind the wheel of each, drive them and check out their features. Compare prices, too, as the SHO has a much lower base price. Then decide. Don't decide based on our opinions. While they're helpful, YOU have to buy what YOU believe is the car you'll be most happy with.

$48,995. - 2013 Chrysler 300 SRT8 base price
$45.995. - 2013 Charger SRT8 base price
$39,300. - 2013 Taurus SHO base price

$57,275. - 2013 Chrysler 300 SRT8 loaded
$51,670. - 2013 Charger SRT8 loaded
$44,274. - 2013 Taurus SHO loaded

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
The SHO is my next car after my Fusion kicks the bucket. They can be had for LOW 20's right now and at that number an AWD turbo car that will make 400whp pretty easily is a steal IMO, especially because I live in the Northeast and AWD in the Winter is straight gangsta homie.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
The SRT8 cars also get 15mpg highway, the SHO does much better than that

I test drove a SHO Non PP with the technology package (Sony audio system, heated/cooled seats), I really liked it. The brakes felt fantastic, the car has zero problem getting out of its own way, its just a nice driving car all around.

AAG

Established Member
You're throwing money away buying a new one, depreciation is terrible on those cars. I hear they are really cramped inside for a car its size.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Used CTS-V

The 09-10s are in the low 40 high 30s now days. Twice the car twice the luxury.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Good point. A used CTS-V would be my preference over the others. AWESOME cars!

shad2009

Tungsten GT
Established Member
i wouldn't go new...you can find a good 11 or 12 with low mileage...when i worked at Ford, my sales manager had one for his demo...LOVED it...i got to take it out several times doing runs, gassing it up etc and i love it myself...it's on the list for future family performance vehicle haha

ArabianOak

Established Member
I just bought a fully loaded 13 minus the PP.

I traded my 2012 Boss 302 in on it. I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER!

In stock form the cars are fast enough but with the Livernois Tune and CAI you gain 80 or more RWHP and even more TQ. Lots of guys running in the mid/high 12's at 109-112 with just intake and tune.

I ordered the tune for mine the day I bought the car. It's deceptively fast and many people have no idea what hit them until it's too late! LOL!

You have to think of the SHO as i do...it's a jack of all trades car, you have great power, AWD and if you get one loaded out you get EVERYTHING on the interior as well. Heated/cooled and massaging seats, heated steering wheel, kick ass stereo, paddle shifter, self park etc etc etc. If you like road trips it has the adaptive cruise control and you can even set the distance!

All of this and you can still get 27mpg on a trip! I got mine a few months ago and it was a demo model (5000 miles) loaded out. It even came with tinted windows from the dealer. I paid 38K and mine came with the 2 year maint package (free oil changes and whatnot).

Like i said I traded my boss in on it and I am very happy. The boss was definetly faster but the boss also had a rental car interior and could not be driven year round. Here is a pic....

404782_10151311139716775_1233746394_n.jpg

525075_10151327263686775_1859603597_n.jpg

ArabianOak

Established Member
BTW, don't listen to these guys telling you to get the 2012 or older. My friend has one and the 13's not only look alot better but have many upgrades to the interior as well as a few other things. If you can get a 13 for cheap go for it.

ViciousJay

Established Member
BTW, don't listen to these guys telling you to get the 2012 or older. My friend has one and the 13's not only look alot better but have many upgrades to the interior as well as a few other things. If you can get a 13 for cheap go for it.

13's are nice but bang for buck the 2010-11's are cheaper, if i wasnt going to keep my GT i would be looking at a 10 or 11 again

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
right but so is a charger srt8

definitely. SRT8s are badass. and if youre going to buy NEW than the SRT8 will defiintely hold its value much better.

for that reason, if you go used, SHO all the way. you can get one in the 20s. good luck finding a low mileage SRT8 in that price range.

mpg on SRT8s is pretty miserable. the SHO kicks ass in that category. insurance is probably way more on them too.

You're throwing money away buying a new one, depreciation is terrible on those cars. I hear they are really cramped inside for a car its size.

i agree if he buys a new one. but used is a hell of a bargain. i think you heard wrong on being cramped. we test drove one and took the baby in the car seat and the stroller and everything. there was TONS of room. with the baby seat in the middle of the back seat, an adult can sit next to it without having their arm even touching the seat! it felt bigger than my buddys 745 and from what i read online it actually is bigger inside than that car, which is a BIG car. we did the same thing in the CTS and sitting next to the car seat you basically have to have your arm on the car seat.
the SHO has 3 car seat anchors in the back seat. most cars only have two. one on the left and one on the right. not enough room for one in the middle. our 2007 F150 crew cab only had two. the SHO has 3!

its BIG. but man does it feel light on its feet. it moves the hell out and stops really well. i was impressed. my gf just could not get over the fact that its still a "taurus" :bored:

i wouldnt mind picking one up as a DD in a couple of years. the 13 does definitely look better with the mesh grilles but if you can save $15-20k for pretty much the same car....might as well.

Users who are viewing this thread