2016 SVT GT350/500 Info

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Still waiting on that explanation of why it is on the 2015 order guides Chris!

It's one of 2 things

1- they are trying to push to get it done in time, so it's on there
2- it's a mistake (If I had a dollar for every order guide mistake ford makes I could buy another GT500 cash).

I think it's number 1. Because if it isn't being released til mid-15 it's definately a 2016. That's how it all works. They won't do a one month run of 100 cars. They aren't Chevrolet.

Both myself and DBK have talked about

bpmurr

Established Member
Ok here's the deal. Those screenshots are legit and from Ford's system but not 100% final. There will be a 2015 SVT product that is released later in the model year.

662HP631TQ

Established Member
Who cares? itis pointless to argue about anything no one knows 100% about. Even if Someone does know 100% what is going to happen, do you really think they will tell? News will come out when it comes out and all our wetted apetites will be taken care of!!! By the way is God real? hahaha almost as good of an argumment. Can't wait to hear about the new SVT product though it's gotta be good!

bpmurr

Established Member
Who cares? itis pointless to argue about anything no one knows 100% about. Even if Someone does know 100% what is going to happen, do you really think they will tell? News will come out when it comes out and all our wetted apetites will be taken care of!!! By the way is God real? hahaha almost as good of an argumment. Can't wait to hear about the new SVT product though it's gotta be good!

I'm looking forward to it as well. It seems like they have more than one SVT product this generation.

jonb347

Established Member
first of all people, those aren't order guides. order guides are pdfs and organized well. this is screens from conceps, which is how we used to order cars. it just shows options that will be in there. we don't even use that system to order cars, we use a newer web based system called WBDO. ORDER GUIDES AREN'T OUT YET! geez.

this is simply a list of options and codes. order guides are estimated may 20th.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
first of all people, those aren't order guides. order guides are pdfs and organized well. this is screens from conceps, which is how we used to order cars. it just shows options that will be in there. we don't even use that system to order cars, we use a newer web based system called WBDO. ORDER GUIDES AREN'T OUT YET! geez.

this is simply a list of options and codes. order guides are estimated may 20th.

Thank you!

SCALECRAFT

Established Member
I'll just wait and see.

By the time another 500 comes out I should have enough saved up for another one. If it's that much more car than my 14'

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
Yeah, this is why I quit posting on future builds. It always turns into this. Even when you do put out a little info, you either get challenged by other members or, much worse, get a phone call from someone in MI. I've had my fill of both.

Just be patient and take every speculation with a grain of salt. The future is looking VERY great!

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
All this arguing over speculation, I am just waiting to see what Ford says officially, thats all.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
All that is cool but look on the right side pic at the very top, barely on the the page "2.3 RS".

What does this screenshot pertain to? The 2.3 is a known power plant for the next gen RS but if this is for North America then that is really interesting.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
I'm liking the IRS fact, sometype of forced induction engine, and since the Trinity is gone, lets have a built 5.0 (bored/stroked) and now since it seems to be close to what 4,000 lbs, gonna need atleast 700 hp to keep up with the 2014 GT500.. (and everyone bitched when the Terminators were 3665 lbs)

1320 Junkie

Established Member
5.2 580hp NA
12.5 -1 compression
It will be a 5.0 lilter block punch out to 5.2 with the spray bore.
It will be direct injected, bigger cams and ported heads.
It will also have killer brakes (close to 16 inch)

the only turbo 5.0-5.2 will be in the CJ cars

Looks like we have a winner ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread