32V Twin Turbo 5.4L Project - Pics and Commentary

jakhammer

Established Member
driving it back and forth to work eh? Sal said his single turbo was undrivable on the street (or not very easy to drive). lol. Somehow I think you will have a wee bit more power than he had. I cant wait to hear something like "well, I was doing 70 and opened it up. it was instant tire smoke". hehehehe.

props man, big props!

Chris

Last edited:

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
More like, "I was going 100 and when it shifted into third....."

This truck is going to be so crazy fast. TT cobras can make @ 800 rwhp in good air. This truck is going to signifigantly raise the bar.

ShockTherapy

Established Member
I finally got my intake drilled and tapped tonight for the coolant lines I will be tee'ing together and running into the input of the heater core. And yes I am keeping the stock heater hose with the restrictor in it, thanks for the tip from brain bypass on f150!

Sullivan_Plenum_Rear.jpg

Here's a front view of the new eye candy I picked up from being polished today. The Sullivan casting is pretty bad and has a lot of porosity which shows up as little pitted areas when you try to polish it. It came out very nice considering that.

Sullivan_Plenum.jpg

Sullivan_Plenum_Front.jpg

My E-fans and Oil Cooler came in a day early, so I went ahead and got them mounted tonight.

E-fans_1.jpg

E-fans_2.jpg

Oil_Cooler.jpg

A shot of the engine bay with the intake and plenum sitting on the engine.

engine_driver_higher.jpg

Someone asked how much space there was between the top of the plenum and the hood. This thing sits a LOT lower than the Lightning Blower and Plenum.

engine_front.jpg

plenum_clearance.jpg

A few shots showing the Cobra T-stat housing and hoses, and how much space there is between the engine and radiator. I am going to be putting flexible polished stainless hose for my upper radiator to crossover pipe. The empty place on the t-stat housing will have a hose that goes from there to the engine. I'm waiting on a few fittings and hoses to make that piece up.

engine_front_space_driver.jpg

engine_front_space_top.jpg

Rad_Hoses_1.jpg

Rad_Hoses_2.jpg

That's it for now.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Have you considered cutting out the divider in the middle of the intake where the t/b mounts to increase airflow? Top notch as always man. HURRY UP!

SHOE

Boo-frickety-hoo
Established Member
Shock, with all the work you're doing, don't forget to keep this watered....

money%20tree-1.gif

BEAUTIFUL. :beer:

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
SHOE said:
Shock, with all the work you're doing, don't forget to keep this watered....

money%20tree-1.gif

BEAUTIFUL. :beer:

Maybee he will be nice enough to pass out a few seeds from it for us all to have a Nice truck like his. J/K shock truck looks bad ass and looking forward to seeing it at Lfest.

ShockTherapy

Established Member
00SVT said:
Maybee he will be nice enough to pass out a few seeds from it for us all to have a Nice truck like his. J/K shock truck looks bad ass and looking forward to seeing it at Lfest.

Man, my money tree withered up and died already. No seeds left here.

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
ShockTherapy said:
Here's a front view of the new eye candy I picked up from being polished today. The Sullivan casting is pretty bad and has a lot of porosity which shows up as little pitted areas when you try to polish it. It came out very nice considering that.

I think Chuck and Spicoli are just telling you the stuff has bad casting on it when they cant get a good shine out of it. Its amazing hoiw everything you get has bad casting. :)

ShockTherapy

Established Member
mhays26 said:
I think Chuck and Spicoli are just telling you the stuff has bad casting on it when they cant get a good shine out of it. Its amazing hoiw everything you get has bad casting. :)

lol. Actually the valve covers Spicoli did came out awesome, and they were a factory Ford part. I think he had about 15 hours a piece in those.

Aaron_01

Banned
ShockTherapy said:
I don't know, I haven't needed to measure them for any reason. If I remember correctly, I think they were $179 and 14" in length ?

Okay, that's what I was wondering, Sullivan had a whole different bunch on their site.

My compliments to your beast. I can't wait to see that thing finished.

Isn't .58 a little low of an A/R for a 330 cubed motor? I've mostly heard of people running higher A/Rs for motors around that size. I figure you chose that one because they will make their power nice and quick.

Are you worried about running a twin bore TB or do you think single blade vs twin bore won't really matter?

Oh, last question, how much boost are you going to be running through them?

ShockTherapy

Established Member
2SkrewdCobra said:
...Isn't .58 a little low of an A/R for a 330 cubed motor? I've mostly heard of people running higher A/Rs for motors around that size. I figure you chose that one because they will make their power nice and quick.

Are you worried about running a twin bore TB or do you think single blade vs twin bore won't really matter?

Oh, last question, how much boost are you going to be running through them?

I have a .58 A/R because I am running twin turbos. If I had gone single I would have gotten something like a .96 or so.

As far as the TB goes, I could probably run 800HP through the stock one if I wanted to. Cramming air into the TB is a lot better than sucking it in like the stock SC does. I'm going to be running a twin bore 65mm BBK on it, which is as good as the single bore Accufab anyway.

Boost? That remains to be seen. ;) I figure 15psi on the street should be plenty.

ShockTherapy

Established Member
A few new pics. I got a stainless radiator hose kit mainly so I could bend a lower engine to thermostat housing hose. Well, I guess I really wanted to add a little bling to the upper hose too. :thumbsup:

upper_hose_1.jpg

upper_hose_2.jpg

Lower hose I had to bend up. I still need to connect it on both ends.

lower_hose_1.jpg

More fun stuff here. I finally got the rest of my fittings in last week, and finished up my fuel rail / regulator plumbing tonight.

fuel_plumbed_driver_1.jpg

fuel_plumbed_pass.jpg

fuel_plumbed_pass_higher.jpg

fuel_plumbed_rear_above.jpg

fuel_plumbed_rear_closer.jpg

A couple crappy ones of it sitting on the engine.

on_engine.jpg

on_engine_1.jpg

BT2001SVT

I'm an Agent of CHAOS!!
Established Member
OMFG I'm speachless :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I can't waite to see what that baby does; Beautiful man :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread