5.0 Fox vs 97 Cobra.. Who wins?

Dusten

Established Member
Where is the video of your 1.53 60'?

here is one of his runs.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBrLdvyor1E]YouTube - mr2 bonanza 7.4[/ame]

here is a 1.71 on street tires
l_03190374da7f7484e7cee360d2dda9f4.jpg

he'll have to post some more, that is all i have on my computer.

youngone

I hate ugly people
Established Member

Stopsign32v

Established Member
I just wanted to read what they were saying. I'm bored.

It was back before I blew up the stock shortblock. But the thread was pretty damn funny until I started posting in it. Then everyone and their mother had someone they knew that wanted to race me. :bored:

mr2cam

Established Member
Where is the video of your 1.53 60'?

There are 5 people off the top of my head that know me personally on this site. And infact the only time I ever ran my Cobra at the local 1/8th mile (greer dragway) there was a thread posted on the upstate SC message board of the GM owners asking if anyone knew who owned the black Mustang that was lifting the 17" wheels off the ground in 1st and 2nd. :D

And search through my past posts and show me and the other people on here the link where I "refused" to show my time slip. Hell I invite you or anyone else to meet me at the track. I much much rather run at the track than the street! Bring your 1.53 60'er and I'll show up on street tires. ;-) I'll even be all motor.

img4317rr6as2.jpg

That's my 1.55 on the 225 hoosiers, about 18lbs of boost on that run, not using my 2step either. I havn't scanned the 1.53 slip but ive got it at home, ill look for it tonight and upload it for you. Also if you search on my youtube I have plenty of runs from my car, even some from my old setup on the stock longblock.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
That's my 1.55 on the 225 hoosiers, about 18lbs of boost on that run, not using my 2step either. I havn't scanned the 1.53 slip but ive got it at home, ill look for it tonight and upload it for you. Also if you search on my youtube I have plenty of runs from my car, even some from my old setup on the stock longblock.

And here is some slips from Atlanta Dragway of my 5.0 on 17" wheels. Stock 130k mile shortblock with a 74mm turbo at 8psi of boost. Left slip is with a set of 315 Nitto DRs (what I wear on the street) and the right slip is some 275 MT Drs. I refuse to put the 15" wheels and ET Drags on my 5.0 because its my daily driver and I like to run it like it is on the street. Pic quality is so shitty because I used my phone. Oh yea and this was with the stock T5 and a slipping 10.5" King Cobra clutch. :lol: With no 2 step and line lock. Just driving skills.

0119091433.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Dusten

Established Member
a 2.1 60' backed up by a 1.6 is not skill, its an inability to be consistent.
And a 275 tire is quite a bit wider than what he is launching on. Let alone your 315...

And nice excuses... eh, my trans is stock... my clutch was slipping... im a ****ing retarded ******...

mr2cam

Established Member
And here is some slips from Atlanta Dragway of my 5.0 on 17" wheels. Stock 130k mile shortblock with a 74mm turbo at 8psi of boost. Left slip is with a set of 315 Nitto DRs (what I wear on the street) and the right slip is some 275 MT Drs. I refuse to put the 15" wheels and ET Drags on my 5.0 because its my daily driver and I like to run it like it is on the street. Pic quality is so shitty because I used my phone. Oh yea and this was with the stock T5 and a slipping 10.5" King Cobra clutch. :lol: With no 2 step and line lock. Just driving skills.

0119091433.jpg

So you cut a 1.6 60ft on a 275 drag radial on a SRA car and you call that driver skill? Your still about half a second off my best with a 225 tire on an IRS setup. Next season your gonna cry when I break into the 1.4x's on a 24.5x8x15 with about 400rwhp :lol1:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
a 2.1 60' backed up by a 1.6 is not skill, its an inability to be consistent.
And a 275 tire is quite a bit wider than what he is launching on. Let alone your 315...

And nice excuses... eh, my trans is stock... my clutch was slipping... im a ****ing retarded ******...

Its called two different set of tires and two totally different times of the year. ;-)

Stopsign32v

Established Member
So you cut a 1.6 60ft on a 275 drag radial on a SRA car and you call that driver skill? Your still about half a second off my best with a 225 tire on an IRS setup. Next season your gonna cry when I break into the 1.4x's on a 24.5x8x15 with about 400rwhp :lol1:

You are comparing two totally different cars son. Show me you pulling a 1.6 60' in a Mustang with some 225 tires in the back. :loser:

mr2cam

Established Member
You are comparing two totally different cars son. Show me you pulling a 1.6 60' in a Mustang with some 225 tires in the back. :loser:

Werent you the one that said that mustangs can pull better 60ft's then my car on the same size tire?

mr2cam

Established Member
Oh btw new turn in developments, Saturday its suppose to snow again but thursday is gonna be decent weather, I have some SRT4 that says he made 330fwhp that wants to race me on thursday if the weather is good, just got my standalone installed and ill be racing him at about 16psi because I havn't had a chance to get it on the dyno yet, ill post back with videos if the race happenes.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Werent you the one that said that mustangs ca6pull better 60ft's then my car on the same size tire?

Sure they can with full drag suspension with alot of weight taken out. Remember Ford didnt put the motor in the trunk of our car (even though technically its not in your trunk either lol)

Last edited by a moderator:

mr2cam

Established Member
28 degrees was the high today, so were gonna put off the race until we see some 40+ degree days.

Dusten

Established Member
Sure they can with full drag suspension with alot of weight taken out. Remember Ford didnt put the motor in the trunk of our car (even though technically its not in your trunk either lol)

but his car is full weight... with autox suspension. and his engine and trans dont weigh that much, i know, i've pulled them 2 or 3 times.

John4cam

Established Member
Oh btw new turn in developments, Saturday its suppose to snow again but thursday is gonna be decent weather, I have some SRT4 that says he made 330fwhp that wants to race me on thursday if the weather is good, just got my standalone installed and ill be racing him at about 16psi because I havn't had a chance to get it on the dyno yet, ill post back with videos if the race happenes.

:beer::rockon::beer::banana:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
but his car is full weight... with autox suspension. and his engine and trans dont weigh that much, i know, i've pulled them 2 or 3 times.

But his engine sits on the drive axles in the rear. DER! :dw: I guess if you put 300lbs in the trunk of a Mustang it would hook up on little tires too. :poke:

John4cam

Established Member
But his engine sits on the drive axles in the rear. DER! :dw: I guess if you put 300lbs in the trunk of a Mustang it would hook up on little tires too. :poke:

True, but all his weight also transfers to the rear tires... Are Mr2's RWD????

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread