5 Aurora, Colorado Officers Charged in the Death of Elijah McCain

rborden

Established Member
The District Attorney looked into the case and decided no charges would be filed. After a public outcry and an investigation by Democrat Attorney General of Colorado Phil Weiser, a grand jury was convened that has miraculously decided there was sufficient evidence to charge the officers and the paramedics.

Apparently more woke justice on hand. The dangerous precedent this sets is both alarming and scary for police officers going forward. The public cries and throws a temper tantrum until they get criminal charges against the officers.

The Aurora Police Association has made a statement on their facebook page in regards to the charges.

c8c815cfd8b4b0f78dc5533e5ca7e587.jpg

JWExperience

Established Member
Ketamine is commonly used by ems when they encounter a combative patient. Locally they speak to a doctor in the ER prior to administering the drug.
You can say it’s fishy all you want but when the suspect fights with police and then fights with ems I think we know who the problem is. Police can’t get away with anything these days because body cams catch everything. This idiot played a stupid game and eventually figured out his prize. I’m sure he has a history of encounters with law enforcement as well, too many people hear a case like this and think the police are just abusing innocent people like your grandmother. Go ahead and make people like Michael brown and George Floyd your martyrs. Society will suffer more for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rborden

Established Member
1.) Police stopped him for being suspicious but what was suspicious about him?

2.) Why did the paramedics inject him with ketamine?

Someone called him in as being suspicious. Police simply responded to the call to talk to him and find out what the deal was.

He became panicked, resistive, refusing to answer questions and freaked out and police called the EMS to administer ketamine to calm him down.

Apparently the EMS administered too much and it caused an adverse reaction to his mental meds and he later died at the hospital.

I can see charging the EMS personnel who administered the ketamine, but the officers did nothing wrong here.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Someone called him in as being suspicious. Police simply responded to the call to talk to him and find out what the deal was.

He became panicked, resistive, refusing to answer questions and freaked out and police called the EMS to administer ketamine to calm him down.

Apparently the EMS administered too much and it caused an adverse reaction to his mental meds and he later died at the hospital.

I can see charging the EMS personnel who administered the ketamine, but the officers did nothing wrong here.
The mob disagrees....

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

Depends who were involved. Technically anyone that had a hand in the death can be charged. Such as if the officer held down the person while being injected with a deadly dose all those people could be charged and liable.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Here's a step-by-step breakdown of everything that went down:

The dude didn't "resist" until they started to force him down on the ground for no apparent reason.

He was an autistic nerd who's closer to Urkel than 50-cent.

Even then, they already had him restrained and he was obviously sick and they still injected him with Ketamine under orders of the officers. Without examining him medically beforehand.

Having a badge doesn't exclude you from being human. If anything, you should be held to a higher standard, considering the power you carry 24/7 after you make POST.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Here's a step-by-step breakdown of everything that went down:

The dude didn't "resist" until they started to force him down on the ground for no apparent reason.

He was an autistic nerd who's closer to Urkel than 50-cent.

Even then, they already had him restrained and he was obviously sick and they still injected him with Ketamine under orders of the officers. Without examining him medically beforehand.

Having a badge doesn't exclude you from being human. If anything, you should be held to a higher standard, considering the power you carry 24/7 after you make POST.
Well the police and Ems killed him. The officer authorized the drug that killed him. There will be a massive law suit. This is definitely not over. Corruption at its finest.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
After watching that video, I can understand why the officers and paramedic are being charged. Doesn't mean they're guilty (THAT will be determined by a court trial with jurors), but IMO the public outcry (based on that video) is just. At the bare minimum, how police handle a "suspicious person" needs to be examined and changes made, if necessary. I didn't see anything in the video that deemed the drug to be administered. Nor do I see evidence that the suspect had incredible strength in resisting as one of the officers stated.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Let all the evidence out in trial and if it is shown that the cops/EMS acted inappropriately then they deserve the punishment they receive.

Sorry, just because they wear a badge doesn't mean every action they do is just and above the law.

I don't see any woke justice here.

rborden

Established Member
After watching that video, I can understand why the officers and paramedic are being charged. Doesn't mean they're guilty (THAT will be determined by a court trial with jurors), but IMO the public outcry (based on that video) is just. At the bare minimum, how police handle a "suspicious person" needs to be examined and changes made, if necessary. I didn't see anything in the video that deemed the drug to be administered. Nor do I see evidence that the suspect had incredible strength in resisting as one of the officers stated.

A person wearing a face mask at night (this happened pre-covid mind you) walking in Aurora at night is definitely suspicious and will get you unwanted attention.

JWExperience

Established Member
It amazes me the amount of people that have the luxury of hindsight here and blame the cops. They don’t know that man. They didn’t know he possibly had mental problems or the prescriptions he was on. Believe it or not, criminals lie all the time so it takes time and conversation to decipher is someone is a criminal or just doing weird shit. The resisting started when he refused to stop, that’s how it works. Hard to believe these days that criminals run and use evasive answers when asked questions. The next time one of you is a victim of a crime, tell the police to only arrest somebody when the suspect gives them permission and immediately admits guilt. See if you ever have justice.
If people would stop being activists and just answer a couple questions when a cop stops you then a situation will not escalate.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
A person wearing a face mask at night (this happened pre-covid mind you) walking in Aurora at night is definitely suspicious and will get you unwanted attention.

I was perfectly fine with everything up to the point where they injected him with Ketamine, which is what they're being charged with, because a medical expert testified to a grand jury that that was the final straw that killed him.

Now if they prove in court that in fact, the Ketamine didn't kill him and the cops and EMT get off, I'll be OK with that too.

I just think that they went too far.

I don't want every fracking stop that has a mouthy or squirmy idiot involved to end with Ketamine or something similar. Do you?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
It amazes me the amount of people that have the luxury of hindsight here and blame the cops. They don’t know that man. They didn’t know he possibly had mental problems or the prescriptions he was on. Believe it or not, criminals lie all the time so it takes time and conversation to decipher is someone is a criminal or just doing weird shit. The resisting started when he refused to stop, that’s how it works. Hard to believe these days that criminals run and use evasive answers when asked questions. The next time one of you is a victim of a crime, tell the police to only arrest somebody when the suspect gives them permission and immediately admits guilt. See if you ever have justice.
If people would stop being activists and just answer a couple questions when a cop stops you then a situation will not escalate.

Its the lack of proper investigation before making a determination of guilt is the issue. Treat people how you want to be treated. That would help to prevent these situations.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member

The police just wanted to talk to him or detain him? There's a big difference. Being panicked and such and having the emt inject you with such and such seems straight out of a bad movie.

Users who are viewing this thread