$63,000 euro trash gets trashed

jimwood

Established Member
Originally posted by Grey03Cobra
A stock Mustang GT is not even a close match for an M3 (given equal drivers). M3's are low 13 sec 1/4 mile cars (I've even heard of a few hitting high 12's).

A stock M3 hitting high 12's. Bullshit. Sorry they are lucky to get a 13.5. No way 12's with that power to weight ratio. There you have it.

Last edited:

speedball

Established Member
Can we all just get along, I like all kinds of fast cars but you have to admit alot of Beamer owners seem to be arragont. I drive through from Palo Alto, through Marin, and to Santa Rosa. They always pull up next to me some guys are cool, but lately I have had summon the DOHC and the other guy that sits atop that motor. It's fun to look at facial expressions for at least a second. I like the BMW in my rear view it has this mean look to it.

:beer: lol

Venix

Venomous Productions
Established Member
jesus

Jesus.....common people.....this is totally a mustang forum, and he has all right to brag about his car. Personally i would not own an M3 if u gave it to me. They break to easy, they cost way to much to mod, and even if u put all the money in the world in one, you will still not come up with a car that will out perform pure american muscle. I will give it to them that they are quick.....but think about it....it is an inline 6 motor that gets 16Mpg while and 03 Cobra(blown v8) got 18Mpg in the automobile mag test. The only thing that makes the M3 "fast" is that is burns a hella lot of gas for that size of a motor. Also, juice, or no juice......isnt that the point of racing....BRING WHAT YOU GOT. If you dont have enough.....then loose....or buy more shit.

Anyway....ill get off my soapbox. I just get riled up when people defend M3s....ive never been a fan of the car, and honestly they are made improperly, and cost way to much. HP to $$ scale.

03 Cobra 33,000= 390 almost rear wheel HP
M3 50.000=333 flywheel HP

AFJsvt

Established Member
I used to own an e36 m3, and I must say it was one the best cars I've ever owned. Quality was 2nd to none even though it could've used ~50 more horses. I love the power of my 03 cobra, but if I could afford a new e46 m3, I'd definitely be behind the wheel of one. It really is a work of art and I can gaurantee you if you ever drove one, your opinion would change.
With that said, the guy talked smack and you smoked him. If your account is true, then thumbs up!:D

Venix

Venomous Productions
Established Member
i owned one for a week....loaner car from a friend....and i was not plased with the performance of it....luxury...yes...race car appeal....no.

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by jimwood
A stock M3 hitting high 12's. Bullshit. Sorry they are lucky to get a 13.5. No way 12's with that power to weight ratio. There you have it.

Sorry, not bullshit.

August 2002 edition of MM&FF page 50 (during test of Camaro SS and an 03 Cobra)

The article is a sidebar to the above test, it talks about some guy named Lee Rutter whos running his new (at the time of the article) 2002 M3 and states the following:

"This German interpretation of the pony car - room for four, but with a straight 6-cylinder engine, 6 speed transmission and independent rear. Up front is a MacPherson strut suspension and the 6-banger cranks out 333 horsepower. When Lee ran a 12.74 at 108 in 37 degree weather after raceway park opened this season, we had to see this thing run. His best run on this day were all in the 13.20 range at 106mph (running into a 20-25mph headwind and still better than your "they are lucky to get a 13.5), pretty much even with the SS, but behind the Cobra."

There you have it. Just like I stated, high 12 sec to low 13 sec car, and this is from a Mustang Magazine.

Heck, even Motor Trend ran a 13.2 @ 106.9, once again better than your "they are lucky to get a 13.5" comment, and we all know how good their drivers are (this time is from the Nov 02 edition of Motor Trend where the Z06 ran a 12.85 @ 114 against an 03 Viper, and a few pages later they compared an 03 Cobra, a Maserati, and an M3, and the 03 Cobra ran a 12.84 @ 113)

Last edited:

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Good kill, just the facts are fine. Go to google search, type in engine failure, see what is #1 on the list. Hopefully the problems are resolved now. Lee Rutter, ex mustang modder/ racer wouldn't put any money on that m3 being stock, all I know for sure my 03 beat a new one from a roll, I had exhaust. No flames intended. :beer:

Established Member
The title of this thread, calling an m3 euro trash, shows you aren't an enthusiast. Anyone who knows anything about cars knows what an m3 is and what it is capable of. It is a car that commands a tremedous amount of respect and that respect is well deserved. The m3 never made it's reputation drag racing and it never will.

I think some of you cobra guys post things such as "63k eurotrash" to make yourselves feel better about not being able to afford an m3 and justifying your 35k purchase. I am not saying all of you, because there are true enthusiasts here who see that beating a car in a drag race doesn't automatically make the car that lost a piece of shit.

Honestly, did the author, with the title he choose, actually expect to be taken seriously as an enthusiast? Seems to me he just tried to get a rise out of people and somehow come off a hero by beating something more expensive with his "cheaper" car thereby justifying his purchase.

Established Member
Originally posted by 1973_Mach_1
i owned one for a week....loaner car from a friend....and i was not plased with the performance of it....luxury...yes...race car appeal....no.

An M3 doesn't have race car appeal? More engineering went into the ****ing rear view mirror than ford puts into the entire mustang. How does a naturally aspirated motor with an 8k redline, 6 individual throttle bodies, 100 hp per liter, and an optional sequential manual tranny not translate into race car appeal?

I don't think a person with a v6 mustang would know a race car if it drove into their ass.

nugen

Established Member
This is so sad. Every one is picking on the M3's. If everyone is always out to get them then there must be something special about them. Are we jealous that we don't have one? I admit it openly and proudly, I love my Cobra, but I would love an M3.

COBRA32

Established Member
The M3 is a great car just wouldn't buy one much rather have a Aston DB9, XJR or AMG 55 Forget if I'm dreaming give me a Ford GT. :rockon:

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by 69gt4speed
Good kill, just the facts are fine. Go to google search, type in engine failure, see what is #1 on the list. Hopefully the problems are resolved now. Lee Rutter, ex mustang modder/ racer wouldn't put any money on that m3 being stock, all I know for sure my 03 beat a new one from a roll, I had exhaust. No flames intended. :beer:

I have no doubt your 03 Cobra beat an M3, it should, or you drive like my wife:-D (I've beaten her Porche in my SVT Focus), my only point was the M3 is an awesome all around performance car, and in my opinion the only performance advantage the Cobra has over an M3 is faster acceleration.

However, I feel I got a great car for the money I spent on my 03 Cobra. Although I would love to own an M3, I'll give up the performance advantage the M3 gives for the extra $15,000+ I saved on the Cobra. When I win the lotto that might change.:-D

Venix

Venomous Productions
Established Member
Originally posted by sticky
An M3 doesn't have race car appeal? More engineering went into the ****ing rear view mirror than ford puts into the entire mustang. How does a naturally aspirated motor with an 8k redline, 6 individual throttle bodies, 100 hp per liter, and an optional sequential manual tranny not translate into race car appeal?

I don't think a person with a v6 mustang would know a race car if it drove into their ass.

Its doesn't......the car was designed with all of the race intentions, but the only reason they build the car is so that they can race it. So the street version is barely a resemblence. Now if they had the power, and style of the car that they race...i could give the car respect, but for the money that u pay for it, i think that it should be more of a car. Just to get off of the mustang because yall keep compairing price.....think of another import that is of equil price.....it would slaughter the M3 in every aspect. But anyway.....there is no talking to yall, so ill just quit before things get messy.

AzDropTop

Established Member
m3's are very low 13 second cars w/ a good driver. Not to mention they make our mustangs look like complete turds in the handling dept.

WDW MKR

Established Member
August 2002 edition of MM&FF page 50 (during test of Camaro SS and an 03 Cobra)

I think the M3 is a sweet car, although I don't see myself owning one, but wasn't the M3 in the MM&FF article modded? I haven't looked at that issue in some time, but I thought I remembered it not being stock... :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread