$63,000 euro trash gets trashed

Jamie33

Up in smoke
Established Member
Originally posted by MINI_ME
like what "cars" did I talk shit about? I guess the SS maro you are still mad about....alittle angry are we?:beer:

why are we bringing my car in this?

im not angry, im just stating my humble opinion :beer:

MINI_ME

Established Member
Originally posted by Jamie33
why are we bringing my car in this?

im not angry, im just stating my humble opinion :beer:

aiight just making sure, I never talked shit about your car btw, just refered to it as a super slow...gotta throw fuel on the fire:D :beer: :beer:

281cobra

Drive by poster
Established Member
Originally posted by sticky
An M3 doesn't have race car appeal? More engineering went into the ****ing rear view mirror than ford puts into the entire mustang. How does a naturally aspirated motor with an 8k redline, 6 individual throttle bodies, 100 hp per liter, and an optional sequential manual tranny not translate into race car appeal?

BIG ****ING DEAL! I'm getting a little tired hearing about BMW engineering prowess. That I-6 is maxed out. When BMW wanted more power for the M5 they went with a 5.0L DOHC V8 that puts out 400 hp. Well guess what? Ford just came out with a N/A 5.0L DOHC V8 that puts out 425 hp. You can buy it from FRPP (Ford racing performance parts). Ford has been building DOHC V8's since 1991. While a M3 will kill an 03 Cobra on a road couse. There a very good reason for it. THE MUSTANG CHASSIS IS 25 YEARS OLD. When the 06 Cobra comes out it going run roughshod over the 06 M3. Why? Because ford already said that they are going be shooting for the M cars and the AMG's.

BTW Ford is also coming out with a N/A 5.7L DOHC V10 making 500 hp. I just read a MM+FF road test article about the engine using the the Mustang as a test vehicle.

Why don't you compare the $50,000 M3 with a $50,000 Mustang like the Cobra R or the Saleen S-281E or maybe the Saleen S-351 SC. All three will walk the M3.

Last edited:

Jamie33

Up in smoke
Established Member
Originally posted by 281cobra
BIG ****ING DEAL! I'm getting a little tired hearing about BMW engineering prowess. That I-6 is maxed out. When BMW wanted more power for the M5 they went with a 5.0L DOHC V8 that puts out 400 hp. Well guess what? Ford just came out with a N/A 5.0L DOHC V8 that puts out 425 hp.

really just like you said..big deal..

the M3 has been out for quite a while...its great that after so long, FORD finally started pumping some power outta their engines.

holy cheet!! 5.0 L 425hp ford vs 4.9L 400hp bimmer ... that M5 engine has been out since late 1998, glad FORD could catch it in time blowing it away with 25 more bhp

While a M3 will kill an 03 Cobra on a road couse. There a very good reason for it. THE MUSTANG CHASSIS IS 25 YEARS OLD. When the 06 Cobra comes out it going run roughshod over the 06 M3. Why? Because ford already said that they are going be shooting for the M cars and the AMG's.

LAFF, strong point you have their. you dont know shit about the new M3 or the cobra thats coming out, why would you even post this...

where are you getting this...we'll see if BMW even builds a 06 M3.
fords gonna have their hands full with the new v-10 550hp M5.

BTW Ford is also coming out with a N/A 5.7L DOHC V10 making 500 hp. I just read a MM+FF road test article about the engine using the the Mustang as a test vehicle.

lol :sleeping:
what does this have to do with anything

Why don't you compare the $50,000 M3 with a $50,000 Mustang like the Cobra R or the Saleen S-281E or maybe the Saleen S-351 SC. All three will walk the M3. [/B]

awww wasu matter stock factory cars that are in production arent quick enough?

03DOHC

Established Member

awww wasu matter stock factory cars that are in production arent quick enough?
Actually, Ford just might be able to build cars to compete with more expensive cars, they just cost more like the expensive cars; ala the Ford GT. There's only so much engineering you're going to get in a car with an MSRP of $34,795. Bump the price up to what the exotics cost and you get even more performance. Gee, big surprise there huh?

I think Ford did pretty good with the 03 Cobra for the price it sells at. Could things be improved? Of course, but then it would probably cost more money. So what we are left with is a car that can out accelerate an m3, yet lags behind it in the twisties......but it doesn't cost $60,000 either.

Jamie33

Up in smoke
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
Actually, Ford just might be able to build cars to compete with more expensive cars, they just cost more like the expensive cars; ala the Ford GT. There's only so much engineering you're going to get in a car with an MSRP of $34,795. Bump the price up to what the exotics cost and you get even more performance. Gee, big surprise there huh?

I think Ford did pretty good with the 03 Cobra for the price it sells at. Could things be improved? Of course, but then it would probably cost more money. So what we are left with is a car that can out accelerate an m3, yet lags behind it in the twisties......but it doesn't cost $60,000 either.

i agree 100%

281cobra

Drive by poster
Established Member
really just like you said..big deal..

the M3 has been out for quite a while...its great that after so long, FORD finally started pumping some power outta their engines.

holy cheet!! 5.0 L 425hp ford vs 4.9L 400hp bimmer ... that M5 engine has been out since late 1998, glad FORD could catch it in time blowing it away with 25 more bhp

Also 20 hp more than the oh so great 5.7L ZO6

[/QUOTE] LAFF, strong point you have their. you dont know shit about the new M3 or the cobra thats coming out, why would you even post this...[/B][/QUOTE]

I know enough to know that with the new Mustang GT chassis has coil over McPherson front struts. It only stands to reason that the new Cobra will come with a IRS with coil over rear shocks and we already know that Ford can supass the M3 power output. You should learn to read you'll be suprise what you could learn.

[/QUOTE] where are you getting this...we'll see if BMW even builds a 06 M3.
fords gonna have their hands full with the new v-10 550hp M5.[/B][/QUOTE]

You should learn to read you'll be suprise what you could learn. 550 hp M5 huh? There's already guys on this broad making that kind of power with the 03 Cobra's with just a few minor mods.

[/QUOTE] awww wasu matter stock factory cars that are in production arent quick enough? [/B][/QUOTE]

OK, make that Saleen S-281E, Roush 360R stage III, Steeda Q, Kenny Brown 03 Cobra.

You should learn to read you'll be suprise what you could learn. 550 hp M5 huh? There's already guys on this broad making that kind of power with the 03 Cobra's with just a few minor mods.

Comparing an 03 Cobra to the future V-10 M5 is so mindnumbingly stupid that my head just exploded.

Jamie33

Up in smoke
Established Member
Also 20 hp more than the oh so great 5.7L ZO6

i guess we can carry this out...

I know enough to know that with the new Mustang GT chassis has coil over McPherson front struts. It only stands to reason that the new Cobra will come with a IRS with coil over rear shocks and we already know that Ford can supass the M3 power output. You should learn to read you'll be suprise what you could learn.

well see when it comes out. I dont believe things until i see it. I guess you think differently

ok im failing to see your point...
M5's will be doing this STOCK

thats like saying ...ohh 390bhp 03 huh? well LS1's can do that with just a camshaft:bored:

why are you bringing '03s in this now away? as i posted before no one said the m3 is faster than the 03 in 1/4 or HP.

OK, make that Saleen S-281E, Roush 360R stage III, Steeda Q, Kenny Brown 03 Cobra.

lol look at what your typing...
Saleen, Roush, Steeda, KBrown...lol i dont see FORD in there..what was your point again:sleeping:

Last edited:

Jamie33

Up in smoke
Established Member
Originally posted by Euphoric One
Comparing an 03 Cobra to the future V-10 M5 is so mindnumbingly stupid that my head just exploded.

well if you read the posts you would see that the germans were brought up. I posted that the new M5 will be a handful for the new cobra

well if you read the posts you would see that the germans were brought up. I posted that the new M5 will be a handful for the new cobra

No I was talking about our friend up there who insists on bringing completely irrelevant nonsense into this thread...such as out of nowhere pointing out the HP of the LS6.

BTW, Ford vs. BMW???
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Wow!!

jimwood

Established Member
Originally posted by Grey03Cobra
Sorry, not bullshit.

August 2002 edition of MM&FF page 50 (during test of Camaro SS and an 03 Cobra)

His best run on this day were all in the 13.20 range at 106mph

There you have it.

Cars not going to hit 12's at 333 HP with that much weight, and its gearing. Dont care what magazines say, Im not down grading the car, but its not going to run that fast.

jimwood

Established Member
Sorry dude not unless its modified. Didnt happen.

And all i gotta say to all the Ford doubters.

"GT" Beoooooooooooooooooooochhhhhhhhhhessssss. End of arguments. BMW cant even hold the GT's jock strap. Stupid errrrrsss trying to say BMW is supperior to Ford. "GT" Thats the way it goes. :burn:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread