$63,000 euro trash gets trashed

Jamie33

Up in smoke
Established Member
Originally posted by jimwood
Sorry dude not unless its modified. Didnt happen.

lol ok budd :)

And all i gotta say to all the Ford doubters.

"GT" Beoooooooooooooooooooochhhhhhhhhhessssss. End of arguments. BMW cant even hold the GT's jock strap. Stupid errrrrsss trying to say BMW is supperior to Ford. "GT" Thats the way it goes. :burn:

GT is a hell of a car that came out. Should push a lot of companies to step up to the plate:thumbsup:

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
Cars not going to hit 12's at 333 HP with that much weight, and its gearing. Dont care what magazines say, Im not down grading the car, but its not going to run that fast.

I guess because you say so it must be true...whatever:rolleyes:

jimwood

Established Member
The car weighs approximately 3500, has 333 HP and a torque rating in the mid 200's.

How would that car, which is just barely as fast as a 2000 C5 off the line, keep up with the C5 through the entire run, considering the torque of the 2000 C5, similar gearing, and a disadvanatage of carrying 300 more pounds. How???

How many other 3500 pound cars with 333HP and 250 tq do the 1/4 in the 12's?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

:bash:

Sorry man, but Im really just getting sick of rediculous claims, because you read it in a magazine.

Also this car puts out at 150 mph, top speed. This car is not running the 1/4 in 12's.

Last edited:

Jamie33

Up in smoke
Established Member
german ENGINEERING is the answer

the old E36 M3 had only 240 BHP and could easily click off low 14's

have you seen the new benz's running low 12's trapping 117 mph stock?!:rockon:

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
Your right, your right, all the things I've heard and READ about it must be wrong, because you are the expert...............why are we argueing about this, lets just agree to disagree and move on, I have more important things to do, like.....well I don't know, but there must be something.:beer:

jimwood

Established Member
Originally posted by Grey03Cobra
Your right, your right, all the things I've heard and READ about it must be wrong, because you are the expert...............why are we argueing about this, lets just agree to disagree and move on, I have more important things to do, like.....well I don't know, but there must be something.:beer:

Agree to disagree.:beer:

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by Jamie33
it HAS happened ;-)

ive seen 1 at carlsbad click off a 12.94@106
I find it hard to believe that was done at the slip-n-slide, unless it was one of those rare days they actually put half a drop of VHT down or he had slicks.

EclipsorGreen

Established Member
Here are the fastest "bone stock" E46 M3 1/4 times:

6-spd: 12.72 @ 106.8 mph (this has been confirmed)
SMG: 13.1 secs

The 12.72 run was made by a guy named Mathews on M3Forum.com, who happens to be an excellent driver and regularly breaks into the 12s with his stock 6-speed E46 M3. Here is a video of him running 12.77 secs with a 1.81 60' time. I am aware that you cannot see the ET in the video, so you'll just have to trust me. He launched at 4300 RPMs and powershifted.

Before you all ask, this was with stock rubber and no weight reduction. Everything was STOCK.

The SMG (sequential manual gearbox) model has trouble running as quickly because it does not allow the driver to vary launch RPM or slip the clutch.

So anyway guys, I'm not here to say that it's common for E46 M3s to run 12s. All I'm doing is passing along the facts. It's entirely possible to break into the 12s with a 6-speed E46 M3 and it has been done multiple times. The SMG, on the other hand, is a different story, and I'm not sure anyone has yet to break into the 12s with one.

Chris

Last edited:

snakebitten_lv

Established Member
wow didn't know this was going to start such a shit storm!

ok first of all to ubnstrck, the 500.00 comment was made to the kids right outside my window after scott said he would throw 20.00 on it...he was there, heard it and can confirm...

as for the eurotrash comment i call everything bmw, mercedes, volkswagen, saab, volvo, etc euro trash because that is all i see in scottsdale being driven by soccer moms...

i like the m3 and wouldn't bad mouth it at all, it is a very nice car but just not for me...

soooooooo anyways...was a good run, kinda...

and keep on going guys, gave me something to read for a lil bit!

RioRed4v

Established Member
yea, i can confirm the $500 comment. i'm not sure how literal it was meant, but i know it was stated.

oh well, good runs, the M3 lost, end of story.

BUT the M3 is definitely a sickazz car and i would take one almost any day of the week over my 99 Cobra.

i guess both cars have their advantages. but as Zack (UBNSTRK) mentioned, this kid supposedly can't drive, and everyone says that about him. So maybe if you put a decent driver behind the wheel, it would have been a "little" closer, but still a lose. The only advantage this kid had, was the fact that he weighed 80lbs soaking wet.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
> have you seen the new benz's running low 12's trapping 117 mph stock?!

Those would be $80K+, 500HP Benz's. There's nothing terribly special about a 500HP car which runs low 12s, although it is certainly nice to have them available in a stock 4-door with a warranty. The 240 BHP M3s running high 14s makes sense - S2000s do the same thing.

Actually, the part about this whole story which confuses me is the "going sideways in 4th" part. Bald DRs or not, 400 ft/lbs isn't enough to lose it at 100 MPH; hell, 600 ft/lbs won't do that. 1000 ft/lbs will, at least on cold street tires. Did you hit water or something?

jimwood

Established Member
Treynor nice car, got to see it a couple weekends ago. I know your car runs 12's and then a helluva a lot more but,
M6 running 12's?

Jamie33

Up in smoke
Established Member
Originally posted by treynor
> have you seen the new benz's running low 12's trapping 117 mph stock?!

Those would be $80K+, 500HP Benz's. There's nothing terribly special about a 500HP car which runs low 12s, although it is certainly nice to have them available in a stock 4-door with a warranty. The 240 BHP M3s running high 14s makes sense - S2000s do the same thing.

true but what i was trying to say is HP isn't everything.
look at the old 55's clicking off low 13's in a stock auto car.

i think engineering has played a big part for bmw and mbz.

btw i said low 14's:)

Jamie33

Up in smoke
Established Member
Treynor nice car, got to see it a couple weekends ago. I know your car runs 12's and then a helluva a lot more but,
M6 running 12's?

actually his bigboat is more like mid 11's...@120:coolman:

03DOHC

Established Member
I can guarantee that. It takes a special individual to throw an upgrade like that at a viper.
No dude, his benz runs 11.5s. His blown/nitrous Viper is just sick!

Users who are viewing this thread