650rwhp viper vs our friend slo vette (vid)

61mmstang94

Established Member
Calm down I didn't say I let out I said I keep a 2 car lead until then.... then he starts pulling back fast. What should we race to 250? :??:

:lol:

I like how you guys like slower speed races or a dig when its a mustang against a Z06....but when it's against a GTR you want the higher speed runs so it helps the mustang out some. lol

Tailor your arguments to whatever benefits you I suppose.

Last edited:

stangliter04

Established Member
:lol:

I like how you guys like slower speed races or a dig when its a mustang against a Z06....but when it's against a GTR you want the higher speed runs so it helps the mustang out some. lol

Tailor your arguments to whatever benefits you I suppose.
\

I've never raced a GTR in my life :??: Actually I prefer dig races all the time.

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
Slo vett. My car has been tuned by two shops. the current tune is made 485hp NA and we didnt get a chance to do a nitrous run. that was RPM's tune. I am good friends with the owner and we are doing a cam and exhaust valves over the winter and hoping to break 720 on nitrous..

my car was orig tuned by complete street performance. It made 480 na and 632/660tq on nitrous. Again, i know the owner very well and those are the only two places that tune my car

Last edited:

AirForce Hemi

Kenne Bell FTW
Established Member
+1

I was unaware that there were any aftermarket cam-in-cams out there?

Also, I don't think the computer has been cracked, so you'd need something like a Motec to control things.

Not saying this car doesn't have it, just haven't heard of anything on the market.

I know either UGR or Hennessy has TT'd a new 08+ Viper. Maybe they used AEM?:shrug:

Either way yes there prob arent any H/C Packages out there for the 08+ Vipers....

Zan186

Established Member
I have been on a track with modded Z06's and all different model's of Vipers. The Z06 is a fast car but the rear ends tend to get loose around the banked turns. Let's just say that my 510 rwhp GTS would pass them fairly easily on the long straights. The Gen IV ACR's would pass them on the straight and the embanked turns.
As for the ZR1, well they actually performed worse on a track than the Z06. Heat Soak? Heavier weight? Who knows?
When it comes down to a track car (real track, not just a straightaway) the Viper ACR (for a production car) is King. I won't even get into handling of an ACR vs a Vette. No Contest.

THAITED

Established Member
I have been on a track with modded Z06's and all different model's of Vipers. The Z06 is a fast car but the rear ends tend to get loose around the banked turns. Let's just say that my 510 rwhp GTS would pass them fairly easily on the long straights. The Gen IV ACR's would pass them on the straight and the embanked turns.
As for the ZR1, well they actually performed worse on a track than the Z06. Heat Soak? Heavier weight? Who knows?
When it comes down to a track car (real track, not just a straightaway) the Viper ACR (for a production car) is King. I won't even get into handling of an ACR vs a Vette. No Contest.

Every car rear end gets loose around the bank turns, even the Viper...(probably less than the vette).:shrug: It's the driver who controls the car.....will make a difference.:rockon:

Last edited:

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
A stock c5 z06 with drag radials will run the time you have in your sig. A z06 with headers, exhaust, and tune will be around 400 rwhp and trap 123 ish.

Lets see some proof of this please (not saying it can't be done) BUT I guarantee you its NOT the norm. A stock c5 z06 (which I have beaten on the highway to boot) are not that impressive... and certainly don't seem impressive enough to run high 11's stock... for the majority of the time. So with that said I feel pretty confident in beating a cs z06 w/ DR's at the track.

- Not only that, maybe you should take another look at my mod list :rolling: as I am only running a a 3.0 upper... no lower... no port (through a shitty densecharger), and I still ran an 11.8.... and would still more than likely beat a c5 z06 with just drag radials. Now if were talking throwing on a lower and decent intake then that same z06 gets raped... its not rocket science.

fastbacon

Banned
Lets see some proof of this please (not saying it can't be done) BUT I guarantee you its NOT the norm. A stock c5 z06 (which I have beaten on the highway to boot) are not that impressive... and certainly don't seem impressive enough to run high 11's stock... for the majority of the time. So with that said I feel pretty confident in beating a cs z06 w/ DR's at the track.

- Not only that, maybe you should take another look at my mod list :rolling: as I am only running a a 3.0 upper... no lower... no port (through a shitty densecharger), and I still ran an 11.8.... and would still more than likely beat a c5 z06 with just drag radials. Now if were talking throwing on a lower and decent intake then that same z06 gets raped... its not rocket science.

my bro had an 03 w/a tune/intake made 375rwhp.....did mid 12s stock.....i dont see 11s happening.....great car but not that good

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
my bro had an 03 w/a tune/intake made 375rwhp.....did mid 12s stock.....i dont see 11s happening.....great car but not that good

Thanks, that where I would pretty much put them... IMO I think they can run faster than what your buddy's ran... but probably 5% of guys are hitting 11's in a c5 z06 with little to nothing done except for drag radials.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member

Well a couple have done it at atco & MIR, so now they all do it. :)

I guess since a couple 03 Cobras with just a upper pulley, intake, exhaust running low 11s@123mph is what they're all capable of since a few did it as well. :lol:

mebetter

Established Member

Here is one with intake and exhaust and drag radials running a 11.6 @ 120
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIZwT7N1N1Q&feature=related"]YouTube- C5 Z06 MIR Cyric Track Rental[/ame]

Here is another with only cai and drag radials running 11.55 @ 117.7 w 1200 DA
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cWT4kZkYb8&feature=related"]YouTube- Ranger 2002 Z06 11.55 117.69 Cold-Air Intake & Drag Radials[/ame]

Point I'm trying to make is if you run into a stock one with a good driver you will have your hands full.

Run into one with bolt ons that somebody can drive and my money is on the vette.

Is this the norm? Well caranddriver went a 12.4 @ 116 in a stock c5 z06 so with Drag radials I could see the average person knocking a few tenths off of that.
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/car/01q3/2002_chevrolet_corvette_z06-first_drive_review/specs_page_2

Last edited:

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
stranger things have happened..

I pulled on a C6Z to the top of 4th with stock eaton..

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
I think its safe to say the "norm" for a drag radial c5 z06 is low 12's... again this is the average. I bet if you take 10 stock c5 Z's with drag radials with 10 different drivers, that about 2, possibly 3 hit 11's but no more than that... and I am still unsure about that much.

Users who are viewing this thread