6R80 Transbrake, No purchase necessary

CPRsm

So both trans brakes can't go WOT? Do both brakes have to be slowly revved to the desired rpm?
No they both can got WOT. They made a video claiming because I didn't raise line pressure, ours wouldn't hold. The drawing Terry posted won't hold WOT. That's why they had to raise line pressure w a third relay

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
cant you just put a 2 step on, set the desired rpm then floor it?
it will come up to rpm and stop, with the cylinders cutting out , it will build more boost. correct?
higher engine load.
at least that was the case on my reverse manual trans brake c4 in my single turbo fox....

04compgt

Established Member
cant you just put a 2 step on, set the desired rpm then floor it?
it will come up to rpm and stop, with the cylinders cutting out , it will build more boost. correct?
higher engine load.
at least that was the case on my reverse manual trans brake c4 in my single turbo fox....

In my last th400 turbo car. I would have the 2 step set 1000 rpm after stall. I would pull up to the beams, push the gas pedal down and the car will sit on the converter for a short time, the turbo would start to build boost and push the coverter 1000 rpm higher and then it would sit on the 2 step until green light. There are many different ways people do it, some people do it like you used to as well and that's setting the 2 step at stall and mashing the gas.

Eric@jpc

Established Member
All i am going to do is leave this

[youtube_browser]hX4Y_Ni3PZA[/youtube_browser]

This is how a transbrake works on a turbo car.

In the video i took it about 1/2 throttle until it got on the converter and then floored it

THIS IS NOT A 6R80, We are not working on a brake

Our powerglide works just fine :)

D.T.R

Established Member

In the video i took it about 1/2 throttle until it got on the converter and then floored it

I had to watch that vid like 4 times, i couldn't get enough lol.
Sounds so bad ass. Open dump tube, right?

MaximumVelocity

Mod motor convert
Established Member
you mean an mt82 that doesn't break...
Fixed it for you Terry!

Wait.

So all of that talk about the CPR brake not shooting to the moon in a millisecond, then a video like that from the Texas boys?

Apparently I am not understanding something, or....

Kelly, don't pull the whole state into this!:poke:

I really want to see if the brake is actually worth the effort and possible wear and tear on the trans. Sure seems like these cars 60ft well with no brake at all.

Bud

Established Member
Like said previously a turbo car isn't going to flash immediately to launch rpm/boost. With a tighter converter it takes awhile to build boost and climb rpms. My car isn't a 6r80, but same concept. On the brake my car will flash to 2300 then as the turbos start to spool it climbs slowly to my 2step at 3700. This is the reason things like bump boxes were invented. Who'll be the first to release schematics for building a free bump box?

CPRsm

That's exactly what it sound like as it build boost thru a tight converter. I mean er um. We need logs and video that it was floored hahahaha

Like said pThis is the reason things like bump boxes were invented. Who'll be the first to release schematics for building a free bump box?
Not for free :coolman:

Bud

Established Member
This is what an rpm log looks like at WOT on the brake on a turbo car, notice the flash rpm to about 142 seconds then it starts climbing the converter as it spools:

qiqh.jpg

and just for fun:

[youtube_browser]KRYZBIafeKE[/youtube_browser]

Bud

Established Member
A freaking hilarious video at that!

No need, one already exists of me getting beat 1st round in BG by a whipple running a 3 rib belt. Just because a person has lots of power and a brake doesn't mean they know how to use it :nonono:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
No need, one already exists of me getting beat 1st round in BG by a whipple running a 3 rib belt. Just because a person has lots of power and a brake doesn't mean they know how to use it :nonono:

lol, just need some experience my friend, you'll be getting after it in no time

Bud

Established Member
lol, just need some experience my friend, you'll be getting after it in no time

Me running an 8.84 with my setup is like somebody running a 10.3 with a big single. Lots of unused potential :poke:

Luckily I have smart people helping me, testing and time will be very fruitful!

Users who are viewing this thread