750 HP Packages

HPLouis

Established Member
IIRC, 12% is a reasonable assumption for drivetrain loss, which would make your flywheel numbers ~720/680.

I'm surprised none of the upgrade packages you listed include a smaller pulley, with only Van showing it as an option. (I'm not looking for another VMP debate/bashing session, but their STAGE 4 Power Pack, which includes a 2.4" Upper and 90mm Idler, is advertised as good for "up to 100+ rear wheel horsepower.") I can't recall many (any?) making ~750RWHP without a pulley swap. Also, I'm not knocking mail order tunes, but a reputable local tuner MAY be able to safely tweak better numbers if your car is on a dyno right in front of them in real-time.

JDM did tell me that they could squeeze out more power if they had my car on the dyno since they could better fine tune it versus playing it safe with their mail order tune. I know there is more power since I’m at 10.8 for A/F ratio and he didn’t touch timing.

I was thinking about a smaller pulley but would that need injectors or a fuel pump or boost a pump upgrade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
JDM did tell me that they could squeeze out more power if they had my car on the dyno since they could better fine tune it versus playing it safe with their mail order tune. I know there is more power since I’m at 10.8 for A/F ratio and he didn’t touch timing.

I was thinking about a smaller pulley but would that need injectors or a fuel pump or boost a pump upgrade?
That makes sense. No, you don't need to upgrade the fuel system for this level of modification.

a typical intake/pulley/throttle body/tune car doesn't need any fuel upgrades in the '13-'14 GT500's.
+1.

HPLouis

Established Member
Thank you all for the great advice. I'm going to book an appointment with JDM (they're out in NJ and I'm just too lazy to drive out there but I will now) and have them dynotune the car and look into a pulley.

darksykal

Established Member
I know you mentioned JDM but we're both on east cost-
I use Bill @ Pro Edge in CT and honestly...he lives and breathes these GT500's.

Just throwing it out there- I've had nothing but good experience with his shop.

fearthesnake

Established Member
Thank you all for the great advice. I'm going to book an appointment with JDM (they're out in NJ and I'm just too lazy to drive out there but I will now) and have them dynotune the car and look into a pulley.
The way to go imo.

If you go smaller pulley and more timing, your Tuner should be able to tell you if you are getting close to lean condition and recommend a BAP.

I was getting close with all the mods including off road X pipe so went with a BAP. I've got LTHs so that def will require more fuel approaching the limits of 93 Octane at 750hp or so.

Just something to consider and peace of mind.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
I've been Google'ing around and saw some of these intake, throttle body and tune kits that claim between a 75-100 horsepower increase.

2013-2014 Shelby GT500 5.8L Mustang 750HP Performance Upgrade Kit

2013-14 Shelby GT500 750+ HP Stage 1 Power Package

Revan Racing Stage 13-6 for 2013 & 2014 GT500's Plastic Hydro Carbon Finish, Throttle Body, Tune and Tuner

I know a few people have worked with these kits and shops. I'm new to the GT500 world and I didn't see these gains on the Terminator side unless a pulley was thrown in.

Is this possible?

You're not getting anywhere near 750RWHP with these Kits.

Tires (DRs), gears (4.10), tune, TB.
Best mods in that order.
Tires and gears will feel like 100hp guaranteed.
-J

This might not SEEM sexy but its SPOT ON. you will see the most ET improvements with Gearing and Tires.
TB, Intake, Tune, 2.4 upper and you'll make great power.
Also, any tune north of 700RWHP is probably going to Fry the Stock Cats. consider getting Long Tubes and an O/R X pipe.... Do this once the Clutch goes... which wont be long after adding the power.

Id Recommend Matt Lepkowski @ Performance Evolution in Smyrna Delaware. It's worth the drive.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
JDM did all the major mods on both of my GT500's, Jim Sr. does all the tuning, used to work for Ford, ........as a tuner.

HPLouis

Established Member
You're not getting anywhere near 750RWHP with these Kits.

This might not SEEM sexy but its SPOT ON. you will see the most ET improvements with Gearing and Tires.
TB, Intake, Tune, 2.4 upper and you'll make great power.
Also, any tune north of 700RWHP is probably going to Fry the Stock Cats. consider getting Long Tubes and an O/R X pipe.... Do this once the Clutch goes... which wont be long after adding the power.

Id Recommend Matt Lepkowski @ Performance Evolution in Smyrna Delaware. It's worth the drive.

I'm thinking those kits mean 750 flywheel HP versus rear wheel.

HPLouis

Established Member
JDM did all the major mods on both of my GT500's, Jim Sr. does all the tuning, used to work for Ford, ........as a tuner.
I agree. I have the SCT Pro Racer Package so I can create my own tunes and Jim has sat on the phone with me for hours and emailed me back and forth tons of times explaining tunes for both my '04 Cobra nd '14 GT500. He created the base tunes for both and they were both spot on and very safe. I don't have a dyno or a long stretch of road out in NYC so I can't really tune the higher RPMs on the Shelby. I'll need to go to him.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm thinking those kits mean 750 flywheel HP versus rear wheel.

ya. people go to sell thier cars "I've got the 750HP Whipple on it"......when it don't even make 655rwhp. w/e

@HPLouis, I would strongly consider doing gears, even 3:73s. I drove 2 with 3:31's and than mine with 3:73s. GEARS are where its at. Feels like an added 75rwhp.

Gears will also magnify the effect once you do your basic bolt ons

HPLouis

Established Member
ya. people go to sell thier cars "I've got the 750HP Whipple on it"......when it don't even make 670rwhp. w/e

@HPLouis, I would strongly consider doing gears, even 3:73s. I drove 2 with 3:31's and than mine with 3:73s. GEARS are where its at. Feels like an added 75rwhp.

My biggest fear with that is the whine i keep reading about. I might just hit up JDM. They seem to know a lot about these cars and might be able to do gears for me.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
My biggest fear with that is the whine i keep reading about. I might just hit up JDM. They seem to know a lot about these cars and might be able to do gears for me.

I'm sure JDM can make it happen with little to no whine.
Mine has no MORE WHINE than my FTBR kit did on my '04 Cobra with solid diff bushings.

I lol at all the gear whine and exhaust drone people mention. C'mon

Tezz500

Established Member
ya. people go to sell thier cars "I've got the 750HP Whipple on it"......when it don't even make 655rwhp. w/e

I'm actually very glad I went 3.73s rather than 4.10s. I wanna stay under 7000rpms for now and i got a feeling im gonna be trapping around 6800-6900.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
3.73's was 1 of the mods JDM did on my 14.................along with..

photo-1-1.jpg

fearthesnake

Established Member
I'm sure JDM can make it happen with little to no whine.
Mine has no MORE WHINE than my FTBR kit did on my '04 Cobra with solid diff bushings.

I lol at all the gear whine and exhaust drone people mention. C'mon
My car whines, squeaks, loud exhaust, strong exhaust smell, loud music, stiff suspension,, windows down!

Wouldn't have American muscle any other way, thats what its all about.

3.73 gears were the best mod alone out of all the other bolt on mods. That and Nittos NT05. Rev limiter sure comes faster now so have to watch those shifts!

Tezz500

Established Member

Mine doesn’t whine bad at all and I have the rear seat delete. You can hear EVERYTHING with that damn thing gone LOL.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Mine doesn’t whine bad at all and I have the rear seat delete. You can hear EVERYTHING with that damn thing gone LOL.
What's your power level, what kind of tires are you running, and how many times have you launched hard?

Most I know who've replaced gears have no problems until/unless they launch hard with sticky tires, after which whine becomes a problem. The only real fix is upgrading to a 9" rear.

Tezz500

Established Member
What's your power level, what kind of tires are you running, and how many times have you launched hard?

Most I know who've replaced gears have no problems until/unless they launch hard with sticky tires, after which whine becomes a problem. The only real fix is upgrading to a 9" rear.

763rwhp
Mickey Thompson ET Streets
Every time I get in the car lol

Users who are viewing this thread