750 HP Packages

HPLouis

Established Member
I've been Google'ing around and saw some of these intake, throttle body and tune kits that claim between a 75-100 horsepower increase.

2013-2014 Shelby GT500 5.8L Mustang 750HP Performance Upgrade Kit

2013-14 Shelby GT500 750+ HP Stage 1 Power Package

Revan Racing Stage 13-6 for 2013 & 2014 GT500's Plastic Hydro Carbon Finish, Throttle Body, Tune and Tuner

I know a few people have worked with these kits and shops. I'm new to the GT500 world and I didn't see these gains on the Terminator side unless a pulley was thrown in.

Is this possible?

fearthesnake

Established Member
No. I don't know of anyone making 750hp with just those Mods.

Is it possible-maybe.
Is it likely- NO.

Heck, I've got pulley, exhaust, etc on top of these Mods and barely cracked 715hp on a Cool morning.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Nope. Not without injectors , bap and E85 or race gas. Plus no need to go to a jlt intake.

HPLouis

Established Member
Nope. Not without injectors , bap and E85 or race gas. Plus no need to go to a jlt intake.
I was wondering if the JLT makes a difference over the Ford Racing Resonator Delete. I don't have any before or after dyno numbers and I really can't find anything over Google.

I have a JLT but I also have a Ford Racing Resonator delete and if there's no real power difference, then I'd rather go back to the Ford part. I like factor parts and, I don't have to worry about the visual part of emissions testing.

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I was wondering if the JLT makes a difference over the Ford Racing Resonator Delete. I don't have any before or after dyno numbers and I really can't find anything over Google.

Id recommend the Ford racing delete. Ford Maf has a cleaner signal. Adding the TB will be a good gain too

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I've been Google'ing around and saw some of these intake, throttle body and tune kits that claim between a 75-100 horsepower increase.

2013-2014 Shelby GT500 5.8L Mustang 750HP Performance Upgrade Kit

2013-14 Shelby GT500 750+ HP Stage 1 Power Package

Revan Racing Stage 13-6 for 2013 & 2014 GT500's Plastic Hydro Carbon Finish, Throttle Body, Tune and Tuner

I know a few people have worked with these kits and shops. I'm new to the GT500 world and I didn't see these gains on the Terminator side unless a pulley was thrown in.

Is this possible?
The only one from whom I've acquired parts (Billet Coolant Tanks) is Van, but all the those kits appear solid.

No. I don't know of anyone making 750hp with just those Mods.

Is it possible-maybe.
Is it likely- NO.
+1. You'll likely need to add a pulley swap to the other items on your list to make your desired power level.

I have a JLT but I also have a Ford Racing Resonator delete and if there's no real power difference, then I'd rather go back to the Ford part. I like factor parts and, I don't have to worry about the visual part of emissions testing.
Ok, I found this thread: https://www.svtperformance.com/threads/jlt-intake-vs-resonator-delete-with-airaid-filter.1065456/

It doesn't really say there is a power difference though
You appear to mix apples and oranges here. A JLT Induction Kit looks a little different than Ford's Resonator Delete, but functions the same and requires no tune. Neither is known for power gains. (Both JLT's and Ford's parts look different than the OEM Shelby intake tube.) JLT also offers Big Air Intakes, which require tuning and do provide power gains.

FWIW, I shopped Cushman Motorsports, Billet Pro Shop, and "back to stock" sales to assemble what amounts to Van's Stage 13-6 Kit (incl 2.4" pulley) or VMP's STAGE 4 Power Pack (i.e., JLT 127mm CF CAI, CFM Twin Jet 67mm TB, VMP 2.4" Upper, 90mm Idler, BPS Oversized & Ported Plenum/Elbow, and NGK TR7-IX plugs). I added a VMP Dual-Fan Triple-Pass Heat Exchanger and Reische 170' Tstat for good measure. Custom dyno tune by Elite Performance And Tuning in Littleton, CO produced 733 RWHP & 713 RWTQ.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The 750 # is crank hp, always will be unless stated otherwise.
My 14 base lined @ 585rw, an 11.7 % drive-train loss. Can these kits add 75 - 100 hp, most likely.
It would be better for you to have an end goal for the car, & budget, buy once & done..

Cobra Therapy

Established Member
The only one from whom I've acquired parts (Billet Coolant Tanks) is Van, but all the those kits appear solid.

+1. You'll likely need to add a pulley swap to the other items on your list to make your desired power level.

You appear to mix apples and oranges here. A JLT Induction Kit looks a little different than Ford's Resonator Delete, but functions the same and requires no tune. Neither is known for power gains. (Both JLT's and Ford's parts look different than the OEM Shelby intake tube.) JLT also offers Big Air Intakes, which require tuning and do provide power gains.

FWIW, I shopped Cushman Motorsports, Billet Pro Shop, and "back to stock" sales to assemble what amounts to Van's Stage 13-6 Kit (incl 2.4" pulley) or VMP's STAGE 4 Power Pack (i.e., JLT 127mm CF CAI, CFM Twin Jet 67mm TB, VMP 2.4" Upper, 90mm Idler, BPS Oversized & Ported Plenum/Elbow, and NGK TR7-IX plugs). I added a VMP Dual-Fan Triple-Pass Heat Exchanger and Reische 170' Tstat for good measure. Custom dyno tune by Elite Performance And Tuning in Littleton, CO produced 733 RWHP & 713 RWTQ.
Well dam, we have almost the same set up. I'm gonna get the boost a pump, and ic don't have the ported items that you listed.i do have a free flowing exhaust, kooks longtube,off road H- pipe and corsa sport mufflers. I was dynoed on a low reading mustang dyno.i was told on a dynojet I would be at 750hp or so to the tires.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Well dam, we have almost the same set up. I'm gonna get the boost a pump, and ic don't have the ported items that you listed.i do have a free flowing exhaust, kooks longtube,off road H- pipe and corsa sport mufflers. I was dynoed on a low reading mustang dyno.i was told on a dynojet I would be at 750hp or so to the tires.
I'm sure the Mustang Dyno didn't do you any favors, while Dynojets are known to be more generous. In my experience, your better-breathing exhaust upgrades point to potentially lower HP, but should yield higher TQ. (FWIW, I also believe SAE correction is somewhat kind to forced induction vehicles at elevations like here in CO.)

railroad

Established Member
I have the Revans 13-6 kit. To optimize the performance, I have found a cool engine and canned gas really wakes the engine up.
You do not know how bad pump gas is until you run some VP or Sunoco.

raustin0017

Established Member
Soooo many things to choose from.
Call Van at Raven Racing and talk to him about what you want to accomplish and he will not try and oversell you and will provide the ground truth. All my performance/handling mods have been through him. When I called for assistance he always called me back when he did not pick up. Hard to beat the way he does business!

Cobra Therapy

Established Member
I'm sure the Mustang Dyno didn't do you any favors, while Dynojets are known to be more generous. In my experience, your better-breathing exhaust upgrades point to potentially lower HP, but should yield higher TQ. (FWIW, I also believe SAE correction is somewhat kind to forced induction vehicles at elevations like here in CO.)
thanks 4 the imput.

fearthesnake

Established Member

Funny you mention the exhaust upgrades. We are close in Mods and I run off road exhaust setup.

My numbers are identical to yours but in reverse order. I was higher in TQ at 733 than HP at 713.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Funny you mention the exhaust upgrades. We are close in Mods and I run off road exhaust setup.

My numbers are identical to yours but in reverse order. I was higher in TQ at 733 than HP at 713.
That's funny! It also tracks with everything I've heard/read. (I'm sure my tuner could explain the details about why.)

Last edited:

HPLouis

Established Member
Thanks for the replies. I have the JLT 127mm CF intake, FRPP Sport mufflers, a SCT tune from JDM Engineering and the FRPP Throttle Body. At the dyno, I made 633rwhp/598rwtq SAE with those mods. The tune was very safe (10.8-11.1 A/F ratio) and JDM said they don't really mess with timing since the tune was a mail order tune and they wanted to be safe.

I have the parts from the 750HP kit so I was wondering if I was down on power or something. I think you guys are right, they are talking about flywheel HP and not wheel HP.

What would 633/598 translate to at the flywheel?

Thanks

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Who tuned your car, i have a Palm Beach Dyno tune.i think my next thing will be cams from JDM
Custom dyno tune by Elite Performance And Tuning in Littleton, CO produced 733 RWHP & 713 RWTQ.

Thanks for the replies. I have the JLT 127mm CF intake, FRPP Sport mufflers, a SCT tune from JDM Engineering and the FRPP Throttle Body. At the dyno, I made 633rwhp/598rwtq SAE with those mods. The tune was very safe (10.8-11.1 A/F ratio) and JDM said they don't really mess with timing since the tune was a mail order tune and they wanted to be safe.

I have the parts from the 750HP kit so I was wondering if I was down on power or something. I think you guys are right, they are talking about flywheel HP and not wheel HP.

What would 633/598 translate to at the flywheel?
IIRC, 12% is a reasonable assumption for drivetrain loss, which would make your flywheel numbers ~720/680.

I'm surprised none of the upgrade packages you listed include a smaller pulley, with only Van showing it as an option. (I'm not looking for another VMP debate/bashing session, but their STAGE 4 Power Pack, which includes a 2.4" Upper and 90mm Idler, is advertised as good for "up to 100+ rear wheel horsepower.") I can't recall many (any?) making ~750RWHP without a pulley swap. Also, I'm not knocking mail order tunes, but a reputable local tuner MAY be able to safely tweak better numbers if your car is on a dyno right in front of them in real-time.

Users who are viewing this thread