9.26 @ 144 mph - Demon w/ Stock Blower 1.31 60 foot

blk02edge

Established Member
That 9.6 Nitto pass have never been duplicated SO is that false advertising by Dodge?
I cant personally say it was false advertising rather than unrealistic advertising, I dont doubt the car actually did a 9.65 but I have no facts.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Yeah tell that to revvv he doesn't seem to understand that oem Demon Nittos suck at the track and that 9.6 pass with them was a glory run NEVER to be matched, not even close!
Keep crying. I really don't care. You don't have to like the car to respect it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

_Snake_

Established Member
Tires come at different levels, just like brakes, intakes, etc.

Throwing a full slotted rotor, ceramic brake kit on a car that came with entry level steel rotors and cheap pads, but run faster laps isn't going to qualify as stock. No different than racing a stock F1 asymmetric vs a DR or slick and claim it's stock. A full race tire can mean half a second improvement or better, so to claim that as irrelevant is laughable.

It’s relevant and I agree with your point. But a car guy saying a tire change = a car that’s not stock is laughable. Especially if they put their tire mod in their sig.

98SVTContour98

Established Member
People want to see a demon run very close to a 9.65 as it comes straight from the factory...no change to rims/tires/suspension (yes changing any of those items impact ET/MPH)...until that day comes people will hate...additionally, one can simultaneously still be impressed with the car but still hate on it for not doing what the manufacturer said it's capable of.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
It’s relevant and I agree with your point. But a car guy saying a tire change = a car that’s not stock is laughable. Especially if they put their tire mod in their sig.
It's relevant or it isn't. If it improved the times on the car, it is a modification.

Run for money, and it will sure as hell matter.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I guess people don’t understand 9.65 CAPABLE. Lol.

Demon ain’t like a mustang with hundreds of thousands out there hitting the strip. Also, owner base is likely not as experienced as your average mustang / drag racer guy.

Curt@injected

I tuned this car.

Owners name is Marc Heidings. Good guy and a great racer. He spends a lot of time at the track.

Car is currently the 3rd fastest demon in the country and fastest on blower only. Fastest is that carbon fiber twin turbo speedkore car and the second is a nitrous demon. Our goal is to get it to an 8.99 on the stock blower without nitrous.

Mods are 2.5 upper pulley, injectors, boost a pump, ignite 114 fuel, wheels and tires. Car also has a cage and a I believe a lightweight seat so pretty close to full weight.

It's been as fast as 9.19

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I tuned this car.

Owners name is Marc Heidings. Good guy and a great racer. He spends a lot of time at the track in this car.

Car is currently the 3rd fastest demon in the country and fastest on blower only. Fastest is that carbon fiber twin turbo speedkore car and the second is a nitrous demon. Our goal is to get it to an 8.99 on the stock blower without nitrous.

Mods are 2.5 upper pulley, injectors, boost a pump, ignite 114 fuel, wheels and tires. Car also has a cage and a I believe a lightweight seat so pretty close to full weight.

Jesus.... no one is touching the Demon. Stock to stock or mod for
mod.

Demon is a mofo-king monster at the strip.

Curt@injected

Jesus.... no one is touching the Demon. Stock to stock or mod for
mod.

Demon is a mofo-king monster at the strip.

They work well. Especially when you consider the 60's this boat is capable of off the foot brake.

They leave pretty violently. First time I launched a pullied one at the track it surprised me.

Zemedici

Established Member
I tuned this car.

Owners name is Marc Heidings. Good guy and a great racer. He spends a lot of time at the track.

It's been as fast as 9.19

This the dude in Florida?

98SVTContour98

Established Member
I guess people don’t understand 9.65 CAPABLE. Lol.

Capable - having the ability (ability - skill to do something) to do or achieve (achieve - successfully bring about) a specified thing; able to achieve efficiently (efficiently - in a way that achieves maximum productivity with minimum wasted effort or expense) whatever one has to do.

Brings a whole new meaning to the question - Is the demon really capable of a 9.65 straight from the factory?

PIPO

Established Member
Yeah tell that to revvv he doesn't seem to understand that oem Demon Nittos suck at the track and that 9.6 pass with them was a glory run NEVER to be matched, not even close!

Easy there...they ran a 9.83 on the stock Nitto and a 9.75 on a heavier M/T. The record will fall very soon. 66 Demons will be running next week at a private event with a projected -1000+ DA to try to break the record.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Easy there...they ran a 9.83 on the stock Nitto and a 9.75 on a heavier M/T. The record will fall very soon. 66 Demons will be running next week at a private event with a projected -1000+ DA to try to break the record.
In PR or somewhere in florida? no way there are 66 demons in PR. LOL

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Car is extremely impressive with mods. We all knew it would be. Duh.

x10.

I love the Demon. However, not all that impressed with this car's trap speed to be honest considering Dodge's baun stock car went 140.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
x10.

I love the Demon. However, not all that impressed with this car's trap speed to be honest considering Dodge's baun stock car went 140.

You’re dissapoint at a car that went bottom 9s @ mid 140s essentially pulley only?

Damn... lol.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
You’re dissapoint at a car that went bottom 9s @ mid 140s essentially pulley only?

Damn... lol.

No no.. I dig the car. Ive always been a HC/Demon fan.

I would just expect a bolt on car to trap closer to 150 or over if a stock one is supposed to go 140?

IDK.. maybe im off base.

Users who are viewing this thread