99 4V vs 01 2V???

SPoole

Established Member
I have a 99 Cobra with a Novi 2000, and my friend has an 01 GT with a turbo. Both cars have similar power levels, around 600whp, but they have a lot of differences.
Engine:
Cobra is a built iron block 4V with Novi 2000.
GT is built aluminum block 2V with turbo.

Drivetrain:
Cobra is a T45 trans IRS and 4:10 gears.
GT is a T45 trans solid axle and 3:73 gears.

Suspension:
Cobra is full suspension, coilovers, cross member, frame connectors. This car is setup for road racing never even seen a 1/4 mile track.
GT also has full coilovers, and crossmember and not sure about frame connectors.
Both cars are running 315 R compound tires on 18" rims.

Interior:
Both cars stripped from the front seat back, and both have racing buckets, but the Cobra also has the extra weight of a roll bar.

So the question is which car do you think would be better in a run, and I would also like some facts about the weight differences with the iron block vs aluminum, 4V heads vs 2V, IRS vs solid axle, and roll bar.

Ideas, suggestions, facts???

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
should be a decent race

i say pull your balls outta your purse and run him...AND GET VIDEO OF THE RUN!

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Lag from the turbo will hurt the 2v and the other car having the same amount of power without the lag should put it ahead. Also the 4.10 gears wont hurt either. My money would be on the supercharged car, given both drivers are equal.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Lag from the turbo will hurt the 2v and the other car having the same amount of power without the lag should put it ahead. Also the 4.10 gears wont hurt either. My money would be on the supercharged car, given both drivers are equal.

Both are S/C technically, but I will agree the 4v Centri powered should win.

I think whoever jumps out first will hold off the other. I like 4 v heads for top end.

Centri and turbo are not that far apart as far as efficiency goes for F/I...if I remember correctly?

Stopsign32v

Established Member

I think whoever jumps out first will hold off the other. I like 4 v heads for top end.

Centri and turbo are not that far apart as far as efficiency goes for F/I...if I remember correctly?

:dw:

SPoole

Established Member
Thanks for the input so far..... Anyone know about the weight differences?
I am curious how much more my car weighs than his.

SlowLNF

Established Member

Not talking effeciency, but the turbo has to spool up where the S/C is pretty much instant boost.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Thanks for the input so far..... Anyone know about the weight differences?
I am curious how much more my car weighs than his.

99 Cobra waas the lightest(unsure of 01) of the New edge Cobra's 3430 stock.

With a cast iron block you are adding 80 pounds..maybe? I found #3429 for the GT stock.

With all the mods you both have it is a tough call. At 600 rwhp a slight weight differences are probably not a huge deal.

SPoole

Established Member
Not if it's a centrifugal s/c, which relies strictly on rpms. Which means it also lags. Op from what you are saying, this race should be a really close race.

I actually think I have more lag than him because I will need RPMs for boost and he will start getting it as soon as he has WOT and load. I have ridden in his car before the bottom end build and he has very little lag.
It should be close but unfortunately due to weather and his motor not being in the car yet we will not be able to find out for a while.

StangJason

Established Member
I think the 01 GT will make a bit more power and will also have a weight advantage so as long as both drivers are close to even I'll have to pick the 01 GT for the win.

01 GT FTW in a close one.

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member

its a novi 2000 not a positive displacement like a eaton/kenne bell/whipple etc... he won't have max boost untill high rpm's.

if ya'll run from a dig it will be close.

roll race from 45-60mph and i say the 2V takes the win.

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
I actually think I have more lag than him because I will need RPMs for boost and he will start getting it as soon as he has WOT and load. I have ridden in his car before the bottom end build and he has very little lag.
It should be close but unfortunately due to weather and his motor not being in the car yet we will not be able to find out for a while.

the GT owner doesn't even have the motor in yet? :bored:

Users who are viewing this thread