AED Built/Tuned MEDUSA 3.0 hits the track

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Well yesterday was a big day, first time for me every hitting the track in my car. I'm still on Griggs Racing suspension (soon to be changed out). The car is making 860/750 on 16psi. Weight is low I think. Probably in the low low 3300 to mid 3250 range without a driver..

Custom built stock stroke 281ci. 10:1 compression engine
Foxlake stg3 heads
Accufab cams
kooks LT's 3" exhaust dumped
T56 Magnum, RXT clutch
Vortech JT-Trim at 16 psi (out of blower at 6400rpm)
Custom air to air
Custom intake setup
Holley Dominator ECU (traction control turned off)
E85, Weldon fuel system

My first pass every without going WOT in 1st or 2nd went as follows
2.90 60ft
12.77@129mph

My 2nd pass was a 2.1 60ft and I was moving but lost cam sync in 2nd so aborted the run

3rd pass we needed a good datalog so I gave the keys to Drew@AED to make the pass. If anyone wanted to hear a modular at 8400rpm here's your chance lol..
1.96 60ft
10.4@144mph

I need a lot more seat time, as the power comes on very strong and is hard to focus actually. Looking forward to more drag racing, changing the suspension, and running a 9.9@150mph without adding anymore power.. It's got it in it that's for sure.. Just gotta get it there.. Click my build thread for more pics of the car.

Stanger00

Established Member
Wow! Drew has a handle on how fast that power ramps up!

Car screams man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

milktasd2

Established Member
Your build is in inspiration. Every time I see yours makes me want to finish mine. That mph makes me happy.

72SBC

Established Member
Let me know if you want a little side action. Congrats on getting your car going!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
First time at the track with the setup, right? So you’re still learning it. You’ll soon be “one with the car” and see a nice improvement in time and speed. Sounds wicked!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Thanks guys. Yea first time at the strip in it. I’m a road racing guy lol. Trying out drag racing as I can’t afford road racing anymore. It’s a lot of fun and I look forward to improving :)

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Damn chris your car screams. It revs so fast to 8400. The mph is great even with you 1st time ever drag racing did pretty good 129mph. Drew i swear is like the driver mod. Congrats on the car like beast bud

Users who are viewing this thread