Aeroforce Interceptors owners beware!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
Glad to see things are moving here. I had some issues with mine and Todd/Pat were great at getting things taken care of. Even sent me out a new set because it was just being weird with return shipping.
Thanks for the product aeroforce!

Double-D

'03 10th Anniv. Cobra Cpe
Established Member
Todd- Thanks for replying to my email last monday (replied next business day). All my questions were answered straight forward and easy to follow.

RicePunisher- I do think you went over the top with your demands and I question other parts of this thread.

DD

TVSCobra

Established Member
Whatever Todd, I have tried to call you and text you. Also you have not responsed to my emails....

Products have issues and it is obvious there are many issues with the operation of these gauges and the fact that it is difficult to contact you and your company.

About the emails, that was the extact copy and paste of the conversation between me, your company and you. YOU responded on the 23rd saying "I will be handling this from now" or somthing of the sort. Sorry man YOU did not get involved unit the 23rd.

I don't know why you have taken my first post the wrong way but that's fine.

So all I wanted was my sensor replaced because I was told that it was ok to disconnect the Aeroforce gauge and datalog. It wasn't, and my sensor failed. You still haven't looked into the issue or given me an explanation.

So because of you not replacing a sensor that your company said it was okay to disconnect the aeroforce gauge, you are loosing the business from me ordering a dual gauge, a dual gauge setup for my dads car with WB, and two more dual gauge setups with two exhaust temp sensors?

That makes perfect business sense.......Good Luck buddy:)

Riceburner?? Nice try. You have some serious issues, you and your company.

:thumbsup::loser::kaboom:

TVSCobra

Established Member
How about you answer my emails, text or calls.

You are the one posting inaccurate and false information. not me.

Tractionless1

Established Member
Have you emailed me at [email protected]? I respond to every email except for Riceburner's as he states. I can promise that if I didn't respond to your email then I did not get it.

I also responded to your issue in this thread a while back.

Todd

In my outbox as sent on 11/30, you got it. I resent today to refresh your memory.

I tried hooking up the 2nd gauge today FD202 v2.8 to my FD201CD (older flat faced unit) with the split cable you provided. I plugged in the cable to both units then to the OBDII port. I selected the parameters on gauge 2 I would like to read and both shut off. I then turned the ignition on and gauge 2 will not power on unless I press one of the buttons on the face. Please advise.
Thanks
Keith

Furthermore, your response in post #49 not knowing why it's happening is equally disheartening. Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
In my outbox as sent on 11/30, you got it. I resent today to refresh your memory.

I tried hooking up the 2nd gauge today FD202 v2.8 to my FD201CD (older flat faced unit) with the split cable you provided. I plugged in the cable to both units then to the OBDII port. I selected the parameters on gauge 2 I would like to read and both shut off. I then turned the ignition on and gauge 2 will not power on unless I press one of the buttons on the face. Please advise.
Thanks
Keith

Furthermore, your response in post #49 not knowing why it's happening is equally disheartening. Thanks for your time.

I asked my tech at [email protected] if he had an email from you and it seems that you sent it there instead of to me at sales. That's ok, I found it (you're email from today).

I did not know much at all about your circumstances when I wrote post 49, I was just being honest. Without more information I could not suggest much.

I read you email sent to my tech, and as you stated you have an older gauge using our previous hardware and a new one. The part number you gave, FD201CD, could it be FD201CB? We never had a CD suffix. The FD201CB was our original Ford gauge made specifically for the Cobra in early 2006. This is a very old gauge, actually 3 generations old. There were probably only a few hundred made before we released a universal Ford gauge in late 2006 starting with version 1.3. That part number would have been FD201v1.3. What I'm getting it with the history lesson is that we did not envision these two versions ever being used together, your new one being FD202V2.8 It's been so long that I don't remember how your old gauge initializes and that may be the reason why the second gauge will not turn on. The two gauges need to be programmed to work together, and if they are not compatible there could be turn on/off issues.

So if I read the issue correctly, both gauges read data and seem to work properly, it's just that you have to hit one of the buttons on the second gauge to turn it on? That's actually one of the reasons we added that feature, being able to turn on the gauge by hitting a button. This allows for an easy way to get the gauge on when running combinations like this, or when the vehicle's OBD2 bus transmits data in an unusual way (such as on VW's) that the gauge does not know to turn on. If this is an issue for you, that you don't want to hit a button to turn one on, I can look into it some more or you may have to use our exchange program to get a newer gauge since these gauges are a couple generations apart. We can only do so much to make things backwards compatible when the build dates are 5 years apart.

Todd

Last edited:

Tractionless1

Established Member
I asked my tech at [email protected] if he had an email from you and it seems that you sent it there instead of to me at sales. That's ok, I found it (you're email from today).

I did not know much at all about your circumstances when I wrote post 49, I was just being honest. Without more information I could not suggest much.

I read you email sent to my tech, and as you stated you have an older gauge using our previous hardware and a new one. The part number you gave, FD201CD, could it be FD201CB? We never had a CD suffix. The FD201CB was our original Ford gauge made specifically for the Cobra in early 2006. This is a very old gauge, actually 3 generations old. There were probably only a few hundred made before we released a universal Ford gauge in late 2006 starting with version 1.3. That part number would have been FD201v1.3. What I'm getting it with the history lesson is that we did not envision these two versions ever being used together, your new one being FD202V2.8 It's been so long that I don't remember how your old gauge initializes and that may be the reason why the second gauge will not turn on. The two gauges need to be programmed to work together, and if they are not compatible there could be turn on/off issues.

So if I read the issue correctly, both gauges read data and seem to work properly, it's just that you have to hit one of the buttons on the second gauge to turn it on? That's actually one of the reasons we added that feature, being able to turn on the gauge by hitting a button. This allows for an easy way to get the gauge on when running combinations like this, or when the vehicle's OBD2 bus transmits data in an unusual way (such as on VW's) that the gauge does not know to turn on. If this is an issue for you, that you don't want to hit a button to turn one on, I can look into it some more or you may have to use our exchange program to get a newer gauge since these gauges are a couple generations apart. We can only do so much to make things backwards compatible when the build dates are 5 years apart.

Todd

Thanks for the reply. The part number ending in CD was taken directly off the older gauge. If the only "problem" I'm going to have is the newer gauge not turning on, I'll deal with it because as I posted before IMO the older gauge is head and shoulders better than the newer. I'm really disappointed in the contrast of the newer gauge.

It's way too bright at night, the light glows through the face, the background of the LCD itself is lit whereas the older gauge is black making the values easier to read. Basically the older gauge readout is way sharper, think HD compared to analog TV. If other buyers had them side by side you may have more than just my complaint.

Tractionless1

Established Member
Thanks for the reply. The part number ending in CD was taken directly off the older gauge. If the only "problem" I'm going to have is the newer gauge not turning on, I'll deal with it because as I posted before IMO the older gauge is head and shoulders better than the newer. I'm really disappointed in the contrast of the newer gauge.

It's way too bright at night, the light glows through the face, the background of the LCD itself is lit whereas the older gauge is black making the values easier to read. Basically the older gauge readout is way sharper, think HD compared to analog TV. If other buyers had them side by side you may have more than just my complaint.

For shits and giggles I removed the lens from the new gauge last night and that cleared up the contrast issue, but I'm not lensless letting dust in and no longer have a SVT logo. I guess the anti-glare coating that is noted as being used in the packaging is what causes the fuzziness.

For shits and giggles I removed the lens from the new gauge last night and that cleared up the contrast issue, but I'm not lensless letting dust in and no longer have a SVT logo. I guess the anti-glare coating that is noted as being used in the packaging is what causes the fuzziness.

I was wondering what the problem was, the actual displays are exactly the same. There is an anti-glare coating used now which does add the slightest haze to the lens.

Todd

As a final response to the wideband sensor question, I could not find any history of this happening to anyone in the past. This was the first complaint I have received regarding this situation in the 4 years we've been selling these. I personally have unplugged the gauge countless times on various cars to dyno tune, or simply to use the OBD2 port for other reasons and have never experienced a shift in wideband readings. This is not an endorsement to use the product in ways it was not designed nor tested, such as unplugging the gauge for indefinite (long) periods of time with analog inputs connected and powered. I have seen no evidence however that short term instances will cause any harm except in the case of the fuel/oil pressure sensors and we are working on a solution to that for those that do not wish to disconnect or power down these particular sensors when gauges are unplugged.

Todd

SomeSoldier

I wanna go fast.
Established Member
Forcefedjunkie - I am not 100% familiar with your gauges because I do not own one yet, but I am considering buying a dual set up. My question is according to this thread in order to data log you have to unplug the gauges along with other sensors, is there a way you could make the gauges work to allowing data logging while they are still plugged in?

Forcefedjunkie - I am not 100% familiar with your gauges because I do not own one yet, but I am considering buying a dual set up. My question is according to this thread in order to data log you have to unplug the gauges along with other sensors, is there a way you could make the gauges work to allowing data logging while they are still plugged in?

The OBD2 port is designed to communicate with one device. This is not due to our design or any other scan tool manufacturer design. We program our dual gauges to allow them to work together at the same time, but unless both devices are programmed this way there's nothing we can do about this situation. All I can say is that you can try another device, like the SCT Xcal and see if the two are compatible. Some may work, others may crash or cause our gauge to crash.

That being said, if you have a 2005 or newer Mustang some devices may be compatible depending on how they communicate. It is more likely on these CAN bus vehicles than the older PWM Ford vehicles where it's highly unlikely that two devices will work together unless they've been programmed to do this.

Only the oil/fuel pressure sensor that we sell needs to be disconnected or powered down before unplugging the gauge to datalog. I'm working on a resistor modification that may eliminate the need to do this.

Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread