Aeroforce Interceptors owners beware!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rudycobra

Established Member
Yes I musta fried my sensor from unplugging gauge to swap tunes and started car before plugging gauge back in . Stuck saying 10.1

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
Subbing.

I bought an Aeroforce wide band back in October but haven't installed it yet. At that time I was split between the Aeroforce and the Innovative LC-1. If this is a real issue I may see if I can exchange the one I have for the LC-1.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I have an older version interceptor, if that matters. But sometimes if it's unplugged and then I go to plug it in, it won't power up right away all the time. And yes I'm turning the ignition over but not starting car. After a few cycles with the ignition then it powers up. If I keep the gauge plugged in then I don't have this issue.

cobracide

Established Member
2. On my 3rd week now waiting for Aeroforce to return my email regarding the 2nd gauge they sent not powering up on ignition.

With the engine on and the secondary gauge not lit - pull the ecc IV cable. Wait a few secs an plug it back in. Both gauges should power up in sequence and continue to light up even on next startup. At least that's my experience with the LAST generation gauges. The latest has different hardware and firmware.

Tractionless1

Established Member
With the engine on and the secondary gauge not lit - pull the ecc IV cable. Wait a few secs an plug it back in. Both gauges should power up in sequence and continue to light up even on next startup. At least that's my experience with the LAST generation gauges. The latest has different hardware and firmware.

Thanks I'll try it. Maybe it's the fact that I'm running a gen1 and gen2 combo. causing the issue.

04Ryan

Established Member
I ran a dual gauge setup for 2 years with the Aeroforce wideband and a GM 3 bar MAP. I unplugged my cable many times to datalog and never had a problem. In fact my Aeroforce wideband lasted 2 years...my LC-1 lasted 3 months. I won't buy an Innovate product again...

Jefe

Established Member
Wow and I was going to sell my speedhut gauges for the aeroforce. Im running an LC1, not 1 problem in the 16+ months its been installed. Still on the original sensor

ripnesscobra

Established Member
RicePunisher,

I just read your OP again. Did you record A/F from your wideband controller during the datalog? If so, was it working properly? It would be interesting if it worked properly and then became stuck at 13.2 after you plugged the OBD II connection back in for the gauges.

gixxer1kr

Established Member
Wow we need everyone on the same page with these. I get different answers from Lethal and finally got emailed back from Aeroforce. Lethal says its fine to unplug the Odb2 but Aeroforce says not to unless I disconnect power from the sensors 1st. Crazy. Almost $700 for gauges and sensors and can't get straight answers!!!!!! Anyone know if the 3.5 bar boost sensor needs 5v power and what about the wideband. 5v for that 2????

04Ryan

Established Member
It's the MAP sensor...if they don't have any place to send the 5V signal it will burn them up for some reason. I found this out the hard way with my first GM 3 bar MAP sensor...but since I tied inline with the 5V coming out of the GM Map sensor to the datalog cable I never had a problem after that. The 5V output always had a place to go...the wideband doesn't care. It will work even if nothing is on the other end of it's 5V output. And no the wideband requires 12V to operate....if you want peace of mind. Just buy the 12V MAP sensor and be done with it.

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
Wow we need everyone on the same page with these. I get different answers from Lethal and finally got emailed back from Aeroforce. Lethal says its fine to unplug the Odb2 but Aeroforce says not to unless I disconnect power from the sensors 1st. Crazy. Almost $700 for gauges and sensors and can't get straight answers!!!!!! Anyone know if the 3.5 bar boost sensor needs 5v power and what about the wideband. 5v for that 2????

In my experience, it is true that you have to unplug your external sensors before you remove the OBDII Plug.. I ruined 2 pressure sensors unplugging the OBDII ONCE without disconnecting them. They had to send me another full set and return mine because the gauges were not playing together and one would never come on automatically. They are good now though

Alex

Last edited:

Double-D

'03 10th Anniv. Cobra Cpe
Established Member
Anyone know if the 3.5 bar boost sensor needs 5v power and what about the wideband.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong: I think the 3.5bar Map sensor is 12v input (5v out) where as the 3bar sensor requires 5v in.
I have my 3.5bar wired to 12v (hasn't been powered yet) and will need to correct if wrong. Can someone confirm this?

It's the MAP sensor...if they don't have any place to send the 5V signal it will burn them up for some reason.

Not understanding exactly why the sensors (oil pressure & Map in my case) would need to have power removed from them when Aeroforce OBD plug disconnected, the 5v output of the sensors are terminated to the analog inputs of the guages. My guages are wired for 12v switched power separate from the OBD port.

Chatted with others here on this but still unclear as to why.

In my experience, it is true that you have to unplug your external sensors before you remove the OBDII Plug.. I ruined 2 pressure sensors unplugging the OBDII ONCE without disconnecting them. Alex

By unplugging, do you mean disconnect the connections at the sensors themselves or will simply removing power to them (pulling their fuses)? I can disconnect the connection at the oil pressure sensor easy enough but disconnecting the MAP sensor will be a PITA where it's mounted.
Would hope that simply removing the fused power would suffice.

RicePunisher- Sorry for the slight highjack, I'm searching for concrete answers to the above.

DD

black 10th vert

Established Member
None of this makes any logical sense. When you disconnect the battery, why would that be any different than unplugging the OBD2 plug? If that's true then everyone would be blowing sensors when they changed their battery, or disconnected to re-set the ECM.:??:

rudycobra

Established Member
None of this makes any logical sense. When you disconnect the battery, why would that be any different than unplugging the OBD2 plug? If that's true then everyone would be blowing sensors when they changed their battery, or disconnected to re-set the ECM.:??:

I thought it was when u unolug it and run the vehicle .

Jrock909

Established Member
Yup I have learned the hard way myself, for some dumb reason you have to unplug the sensors inputs on these gauges because they lose their ground I guess, so everytime I datalog I make a habit of disconnecting the sensors on back of the gauges first and then disconnect the OBDII connector, talk about a a crappy deal for expensive gauges and sensors, I probably fried two sensors doing this accidentally and forgetting to unplug the sensors first....:fm:

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
Apparently LSU has issues scoring points in a BCS championship game... What? Wrong subject?:shrug:

Last edited:

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
The ODBII plug always has power running to it. Even when the ignition is off. Maybe that's why all these sensors have to be unplugged first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread