Aftermarket cold air intake and Procharger?

LetsBoost

I have an aftermarket JLT air intake coming off the throttle body of my 01 Cobra. The problem is that I want to put a Procharger on my car in the future and from the pictures I've seen is that the Cobra has a stock air intake and the Procharger has an air intake that goes where my aftermarket air intake is. Do I have to switch out my aftermarket air intake for a factory one? Is there any way around this where I could have both? I can try and post a picture if needed.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
The JLT will not work with a procharger. You either use the procharger inlet, an Anderson power pipe or some guys have made their own inlet that's somewhere between the two (uses a large metal pipe but keeps the filter in the engine, no cutting as with the Anderson)

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
No, the procharger kit will have a filter and tube that goes into the blower and then piping that goes from blower to intercooler and intercooler to throttle body

LetsBoost

No, the procharger kit will have a filter and tube that goes into the blower and then piping that goes from blower to intercooler and intercooler to throttle body
http://www.americanmuscle.com/procharger-highoutput-9901cobra-tuner.html In the picture provided in this link, it shows a stock intercooler with a seperate intercooler coming from the procharger. I know on the 03-04 Cobra, it has a pipe going to the throttle body, but I believe the 99-01 Cobra is different.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
There is no stock intercooler on a 99-01 cobra. My Mach 1 piping is identical to the cobra piping. There is only one "Intake" pipe and that's the one that feeds the blower. Nothing from the stock setup is reused until you get to the throttle body. I think you need to find a local car to look at or a copy of the instructions somewhere

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread