Altcoin Discussion

Zemedici

Established Member
What your stating is a great move IMO, Your making 20% on whatever you have invested, and of course the more the better, and also log as your using Binance and BNB 50% fees, its almost fee to do so.

if it plays out that way, sure....

and again, if I'm dealing in volume, sure.....

but to move 200 coins around for a $5 yield? No thanks.

MG0h3

Established Member
Ok been out of town for two weeks and didn't get any of this going. Been reading alot of neg. reviews about coinbase but it may only be regarding using the wire transfer function.

Is the best way to buy XRP to but BTC in Coinbase and transfer it to Binance and buy XRP with that BTC?

96gt02

Established Member
Also just a little warning for everyone who doesn't actually do enough research on these coins before investing. ripple specifically, which I do own at the moment, is an extremely dangerous thing to continue to hold as it gets higher and higher. The owners hold a stupid amount of coins that are worth Billions and could basically shut the whole thing down and disappear like nothing with all that money. Another more likely thing is that they can release some of or all of the XRP thats in lock up (55 Billion) and dilute the hell out of whats actually out there now and kill the value for anyone holding.

96gt02

Established Member
Ok been out of town for two weeks and didn't get any of this going. Been reading alot of neg. reviews about coinbase but it may only be regarding using the wire transfer function.

Is the best way to buy XRP to but BTC in Coinbase and transfer it to Binance and buy XRP with that BTC?

No as its been said many times, do not move around bitcoin, takes too long and fees are too high, buy and move litecoin

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

I think most will advise using Litecoin or at least Ethereum.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Also just a little warning for everyone who doesn't actually do enough research on these coins before investing. ripple specifically, which I do own at the moment, is an extremely dangerous thing to continue to hold as it gets higher and higher. The owners hold a stupid amount of coins that are worth Billions and could basically shut the whole thing down and disappear like nothing with all that money. Another more likely thing is that they can release some of or all of the XRP thats in lock up (55 Billion) and dilute the hell out of whats actually out there now and kill the value for anyone holding.

I think my losses will only be about $250 if they dump it so I'm not too worried. I just used what I had in Litecoin to pay for it.

96gt02

Established Member
So as an example I just sold all my XRP at $2.93 because the depth chart looks scary, lots of sells around $3.00 and not a buying anywhere near where its at as far as the current orders (of course no one can see market orders either way so anything can happen) so yeah well see what happens, but I would be looking to get back in depending what happens

Zemedici

Established Member

and that's why you stay up to date with market trends and executives

All of their activity is regularly logged on twitter / etc, and you can set alerts on the price changes. Below where you want it to be? Bam ya get a notification and you can sell.

96gt02

Established Member
^ Just alerting those less knowledgeable with the topic but looking to invest, these things as scary sometimes and as much as I like XRP it also makes me super worried as we go higher and higher. I already pulled and cashed out my initial investment since im up almost triple at this point, but im still playing a decent amount of free money Id rather not lose lol.

Zemedici

Established Member
^ Just alerting those less knowledgeable with the topic but looking to invest, these things as scary sometimes and as much as I like XRP it also makes me super worried as we go higher and higher. I already pulled and cashed out my initial investment since im up almost triple at this point, but im still playing a decent amount of free money Id rather not lose lol.

completely understand cashing in at this price, but with it supposedly being added to Coinbase + Coinbank soon, and it being deemed 'the most successful coin of 2017, right behind bitcoin' - i'm hopeful it'll keep climbing. Would love a $10/per.

96gt02

Established Member
Yeah I know man but what if it doesnt get added in the near future as many expect, it will crash hard. And I have feeling that if it does get added its going to be a bit longer. I too originally wanted that $10 Price for XRP but now after actually understanding what that would mean, that would be insane, its needs to get to about $7 to overtake bitcoin for #1 marker cap, $10 would put it worth like 350 billion, so much money to have in trusted in a random coin. But don't get me wrong it absolutely will happen if it gets on coinbase in the next few weeks, no doubt, just crazy for me to grasp the value but im all about the ride haha

Zemedici

Established Member
Yeah I know man but what if it doesnt get added in the near future as many expect, it will crash hard. And I have feeling that if it does get added its going to be a bit longer. I too originally wanted that $10 Price for XRP but now after actually understanding what that would mean, that would be insane, its needs to get to about $7 to overtake bitcoin for #1 marker cap, $10 would put it worth like 350 billion, so much money to have in trusted in a random coin. But don't get me wrong it absolutely will happen if it gets on coinbase in the next few weeks, no doubt, just crazy for me to grasp the value but im all about the ride haha

gotta be either 100% in or out, I'll ride it out. I have negligible money in this anyway, just ways to spend my time / extra money now that I cant walk / drive since the accident

Beats playing xbox :D hahahaha

I would lose some $500 if EVERYTHING I owned altcoin wise went down the tubes, no big deal.

10splaya22

Established Member
No as its been said many times, do not move around bitcoin, takes too long and fees are too high, buy and move litecoin

I have used Binance to buy XRP and used ETH to move from Coinbase to Binance. I moved about 3 ETH and paid around $2 in fees. The transactions completed in about 5 min. I think Bitcoin is much longer and more expensive. Also there aren't many coins you can buy with LTC. ETH is the recommended currency to exchange coins

96gt02

Established Member
I have used Binance to buy XRP and used ETH to move from Coinbase to Binance. I moved about 3 ETH and paid around $2 in fees. The transactions completed in about 5 min. I think Bitcoin is much longer and more expensive. Also there aren't many coins you can buy with LTC. ETH is the recommended currency to exchange coins

I just use the LTC to transfer to binance because there is basically no fee and goes quick, then sell it for bitcoin on binance and buy xrp or whatever from the BTC market

10splaya22

Established Member
I just use the LTC to transfer to binance because there is basically no fee and goes quick, then sell it for bitcoin on binance and buy xrp or whatever from the BTC market

Gotcha, that makes sense. I may do that too. Seems like the exchange between many coins is better between them and BTC rather than ETH due to the surge ETH has seen today. I did trade a lot of my ETH to different coins due to the high price today. Not sure its the correct move but makes sense in my head. Still trying to wrap my head around all the different moving parts that make up the crypto market.

96gt02

Established Member
Yeah its pretty insane all the different aspects of it, BTW everyone Binance is currently down, and there is maintenance tonight at 10 PM EST

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member

What you are suppose to do is buy LTC, send to Binance, transfer to ETH, then buy what you are looking for. Either way works though. With ETH you run less of a risk of losing value along the way if it takes longer than usual.

quad

Established Member
Banks and credit card companies are using or starting to use Ripple's technology. I don't think it is going to crash. But it probably won't go up to very big amounts. I bought XRP a few months ago when the price was really low and sold it for other altcoins. Once the price started to go up a few weeks ago I acquired a bunch of XRP and this has really paid off so far! Steem has been doing great as well. A few weeks ago it was around $1 and now over $7!

Ripple cryptocurrency surges as Japanese groups agree to use it
https://www.ft.com/content/2f595696-ecb4-11e7-bd17-521324c81e23

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread