Alum. drive shaft question...

laflur6

Established Member
Looking at getting a one piece alum. drive shaft for my auto 2012. All the threads I found were older and was wondering if there was any updated info on the vibration issues? What company's are putting out the best drive shafts right now?

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Regardless of what anyone posts in any thread here.....the rear CV joint on the Driveshaft Shop 1 piece shaft is superior to all the others. It's also the most forgiving to incorrect pinion angle.

DSS Shaft

CshiznitzJ

Established Member
no vibration issues here. I have a DSS on my car but im sure others will chime in with other manufacturers...

01bluesnake

Established Member
I'm lowered on a stock upper control arm with no pinion correction and have 0 vibration with my Dynotech DS. have been past 120mph+ on many occasions but try to keep most of my speeds for the track.

burke985

Established Member
Shaftmasters here , i have a manual but zero vibes at 150+ and cheaper than the rest and just as good.

4VFTW

Established Member
Regardless of what anyone posts in any thread here.....the rear CV joint on the Driveshaft Shop 1 piece shaft is superior to all the others. It's also the most forgiving to incorrect pinion angle.
perhaps , but why would you want a bandaid fix for an improper pinion angle?

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Get the dss you can set the pinion angle on it or not and you will still have the only street driveshaft balanced up 9000 rpm. Not to mention its engineered to silence the bad harmonics that these cars are plagued with. All of the other non cv joint d/s are basically the same in performance and strength. Dss stands out amongst the rest. If you buy 1 get it from lethal performance often they have them in stock so theres no 3 week waiting period for it to be made!

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
there like a good amount of threads on this. doing a search will help answer this question

Rct851

Established Member
there like a good amount of threads on this. doing a search will help answer this question

Ain't nothin wrong with bangin the same hot chick several times.

So is the this also the fix to the rear end clunk that I hear while engaging the clutch at low speeds like parking lots?

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member

So is the this also the fix to the rear end clunk that I hear while engaging the clutch at low speeds like parking lots?

until you find out she's been banging several other guys the same way!

Last edited:

bmyles

Established Member
In all honesty I would have bought the shaft masters one but they wanted almost $100 to ship the thing and a perf shop an hour away from here had the dynotech in stock, but it was either the s/m. Dynotech or the dss would have done.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

Good point.

This can fix your rear clunk but sometimes it may not because of either too much tail shaft play or rearend gear backlash

laflur6

Established Member
Those that actually tried to help and answer the question thanks for the help. Like I said I know there were other posts on this subject but most were dated.

01bluesnake

Established Member
Your welcome. I've seen or heard more vibration issues due to tire balance or pinion angle then i have from any of the DS mentioned in here. Some prefer CV ends, some U joint's.

Users who are viewing this thread