Am I wrong here? (dating a woman with kids question)

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
You got yourself into a tough spot. You will always be number 2 but that does not mean you have to submit to everything she wants. Do whatever you want just prepare to deal with al the bs that comes along. It will also be a shitstorm if you two seperate due to them getting settled in your home.

lilcoop03

Established Member
Youre right. We are really good overall except when it comes to this. Going to see if she wants to act like shes got some sense after I go to the race tomorrow

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Make sure you find as many track sluts as possible and take pictures with! If you have social media, post them all without talking to the future-ex-wife all day!

ATX5.0

Established Member
I am in the same situation as you are, GF with a kid but only difference is we don't live together. do what you want and be happy. it sounds like you're are a good dude and have the right intentions. If she can't compromise for something so small, then it may be Time to make a decision. Her reaction will give you a forecast for bigger things to come.
Just my two cents
My GF tried pulling that number on me and I set her straight.
I know she doesn't like me drag racing but there's No more nagging about small sh*t. I can always pack my stuff and leave, no biggie. Lots of fine women still out there.

Zemedici

Established Member
Btw had this exact same scenario last week

I went to Supercross instead of going to meet my girls extended family that was in town. There was a mix up on when I was supposed to meet them, apparently it was when i was at Supercross.

Wifey was mad, but she lived. Better to ask forgiveness than permission. :D

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I definitely don't understand guys that don't have kids getting involved with women that do have kids. It never seems to work out and only cause problems. Better to leave the single moms to the single dads, that way the baggage is equal.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
BTW guys, I am going to the track. Just wanted some feedback I guess

Absolutely you should. She has to allow to pursue your passion and interests or you will resent her for it.
2nd for more notice though, as bitches are crazy and if they made up their mind your going nothing else matters.

And I woulda talked to the kid first seen what he thought, you got the kid on your side you win HA

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I understand what you are saying, but I don't think a healthy relationship should involve me accumulating "brownie points" just to be able to do something I want to do. Yes, somewhat short notice but only because I found out about the event later than I would have wanted.

Absolutely you should. She has to allow to pursue your passion and interests or you will resent her for it.
2nd for more notice though, as bitches are crazy and if they made up their mind your going nothing else matters.

Who cares about short notice?? Your plans don't affect hers, she can still go to the match and you can go to the race and the kid won't care either way. It's not like the kid won't be able to go or perform well if you aren't there. Sounds like might just be parading you around in front of her ex and his family? There's no logical reason for her to get that mad over it.

IMO, your first mistake was asking permission. She has kids, so they take precedent for HER, not for you. If you truly go to these matches and games all the time, missing one should mean nothing.

Last edited:

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
You men are soft for putting up with bullshit from women.

Life's way too short to be miserable for even one Saturday a month. Most likely you don't love your work so if some bitch doesn't let you do what you want on weekends run the **** away.

I'd rather be single and happy and just pay for hookers then deal with women shit.

Btw I've been happily married for 18 years and we are both equals. Not having kids did not hurt either and we are both happy about it.

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
What's the point of being in a relationship if you're not going to be head of the household anyways? Tell her that YOU want to go to the race event. Tell her that it's normal for guys to have lives and interests of their own and that if you knew that you were going to be in a ball-and-chain relationship, you would've never allowed it to get that far

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
You sound like a good man OP. You shouldn't have to sacrifice your free time and hobbies for someone else's kids.

Twisted2v

Established Member
Look at the title and you'll realize how she already brainwashed your tail between your legs.

It should be "Am I Right?" or "Is she wrong?"

You're already thinking you're the wrong one.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Make sure you find as many track sluts as possible and take pictures with! If you have social media, post them all without talking to the future-ex-wife all day!

Lol Track sluts.

Btw, glad you are going to the track OP. Seriously ONE time you want to do something after already doing everything else you've done and she's flipping out about it. Not a good sign my friend

Users who are viewing this thread