Another '14 SS heading to BaT

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
Signature edition super snake going to Mecum in Dallas end of this month, they claim it dynoed at 1028whp, so this one has the legit 1000HP build.
Thats going to go for a couple bucks for sure.........but 1028 RWHP on stock rods........gonna be a short lived 5.8 if its raced!!

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Signature edition super snake going to Mecum in Dallas end of this month, they claim it dynoed at 1028whp, so this one has the legit 1000HP build.
Not a fan of the Signature Edition. I prefer this one...

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Beautiful built SS.......to many miles unfortunately to collect big $$$. If you build something like this your just better off keeping it.......unless you have to sell i guess. He is going to take some big losses on this sell.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Thats going to go for a couple bucks for sure.........but 1028 RWHP on stock rods........gonna be a short lived 5.8 if its raced!!
It has to have a built Shelby1000 bottom end, the stock 5.8 rods would have left the chat after the first dyno pull at those numbers lol,
Sure would look good sitting in that new garage you have........:)
Dude I know, I showed my wife and she told me to sell mine and we'll see lol.
I feel yeah, I personally love the signature editions, but the wheels aren't the best lol.
That one had been on BAT and it's been on Ebay, no one wants to pay the stupid money they want for a high mileage super snake that's probably been beat to shit.
Beautiful built SS.......to many miles unfortunately to collect big $$$. If you build something like this your just better off keeping it.......unless you have to sell i guess. He is going to take some big losses on this sell.
That was the same one that was on BAT that didn't sell

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Autotrader
Can't get link to work, but its on there

Screenshot_20230916_150638.jpg

Last edited:

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I don't think you will see many 2013=14 SS going for 100k with that low of mileage. This was a fire sale.....no doubt about it.
And exactly what people in the hunt for one pray for !!
SS conversions are bringing big $$$$$, but I always looked @ them as the cookie cutter way to do mods, very little wiggle room as far as what they will allow..

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
SS conversions are bringing big $$$$$, but I always looked @ them as the cookie cutter way to do mods, very little wiggle room as far as what they will allow..
Yup......I agree and its the sad truth. I do often think it would be nice to have a shelby GT500 to modify to my standards. I might just do it with the SS conversion I have now. I do understand the consequences once I cross that line.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Yup......I agree and its the sad truth. I do often think it would be nice to have a shelby GT500 to modify to my standards. I might just do it with the SS conversion I have now. I do understand the consequences once I cross that line.

Is keeping your car the way it is and call it "done" an option?

Scoop up another 14 and cut into it and build it the way you want with no fear of impact to value.

I have considered doing this off and on because lets face it, everyone would like 1 of every color.

That's how I feel, that car should have sold for 150k IMO.
I'm not sure if you looked at the videos embedded with that auction and some of the Q&A from people.

The blower didn't exactly sound right, idk. Perhaps induced doubt impacted the final bid?

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
That one definitely sold cheaper than i ever expected. Super Snakes are cookie cutter in many ways, but you also never seen them, at least I don't in AZ, and whenever you do, it always pulls a good crowd. The other nice thing is all the parts Shelby American uses is top notch parts.
If you're planning on keeping yours for the remainder of your life I wouldn't be worried about modifying it, I think doing the holeshot cams and headers would be great upgrades, not really much else you can do to the outside, other than add carbon fiber parts.

Scoop up another 14 and cut into it and build it the way you want with no fear of impact to value.

I have considered doing this off and on because lets face it, everyone would like 1 of every color.

I'm not sure if you looked at the videos embedded with that auction and some of the Q&A from people.

The blower didn't exactly sound right, idk. Perhaps induced doubt impacted the final bid?
I saw the videos, and in the one the belt does sound kinda squeaky.

but its hard to tell from a video, also 3.6KBs are very noisy at idle. For 100k I would have rolled the dice, absolute worst case, Kenne Bell can rebuild it

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member

That one definitely sold cheaper than i ever expected. Super Snakes are cookie cutter in many ways, but you also never seen them, at least I don't in AZ, and whenever you do, it always pulls a good crowd. The other nice thing is all the parts Shelby American uses is top notch parts.

If you're planning on keeping yours for the remainder of your life I wouldn't be worried about modifying it, I think doing the holeshot cams and headers would be great upgrades, not really much else you can do to the outside, other than add carbon fiber parts.

I saw the videos, and in the one the belt does sound kinda squeaky.

but its hard to tell from a video, also 3.6KBs are very noisy at idle. For 100k I would have rolled the dice, absolute worst case, Kenne Bell can rebuild it
Thats a normal sound your hearing from the KB. Mine sounds exacly the same. It sounds like a belt but its all supercharger whine.

Cookie cutters....yes, but they hold value for what they are and are built to very high standards with quality parts!! I'll be keeping mine for the rest of my living life. Ive never.......never seen one except for the one I own in person or at a event. These are extremely rare shelbys in the US. Especially the 2013'S. Less than 150 exist. They get alot of attention because of the rarity. Numerous times on a causual cruise Ive had ppl taking pictues and videoing the car. Sometimes its cool but most of the time it makes me uncomfortable. When I say im considering modifying from the original build, im referring to having the holeshot/Super Snake 1000 build done by a professional builder. It will be exactly built the same as shelby would of built it but by a reliable professionl shop with the same parts shelby used........like watson racing here in michigan (Late Model Mustang racing parts - Expert Road & Drag Race Car Builds)

Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Thats a normal sound your hearing from the KB. Mine sounds exacly the same. It sounds like a belt but its all supercharger whine.

Cookie cutters....yes, but they hold value for what they are and are built to very high standards with quality parts!! I'll be keeping mine for the rest of my living life. Ive never.......never seen one except for the one I own in person or at a event. These are extremely rare shelbys in the US. Especially the 2013'S. Less than 150 exist. They get alot of attention because of the rarity. Numerous times on a causual cruise Ive had ppl taking pictues and videoing the car. Sometimes its cool but most of the time it makes me uncomfortable. When I say im considering modifying from the original build, im referring to having the holeshot/Super Snake 1000 build done by a professional builder. It will be exactly built the same as shelby would of built it but by a reliable professionl shop with the same parts shelby used........like watson racing here in michigan (Late Model Mustang racing parts - Expert Road & Drag Race Car Builds)

That's exactly how I would do it. And I'm sure yours gets lot of attention. Especially due to the widebody

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
That's exactly how I would do it. And I'm sure yours gets lot of attention. Especially due to the widebody
Agreed! The widebody Kit on the SS conversions is what sets it aside from oem body. Im surprised i havent seen the kit on a Shelby GT500. Have you? Speaking of Shelby GT500's. I dont see many of them around much either, specially the 2013-14's. Even mint condition 2012-2007's are becoming rare.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Agreed! The widebody Kit on the SS conversions is what sets it aside from oem body. Im surprised i havent seen the kit on a Shelby GT500. Have you? Speaking of Shelby GT500's. I dont see many of them around much either, specially the 2013-14's. Even mint condition 2012-2007's are becoming rare.
The widebody kit is expensive and it's hard to trust a body shop to do it correctly, this guy has one on his along with a 1000 hood
Screenshot_20211030-084342_Gallery.jpg

People hang out the window and take video of my car too on the Interstate.

After I told my wife that story, I was no longer able to take the car out w/o her being in the co pilot seat

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Lol I miss people taking pictures of my blue GT500, this one doesn't get much attention, unless people hear it at idle lol.

Users who are viewing this thread