Another '14 SS heading to BaT

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
To echo what @Norton stated about "options", that is kinda why I am not bent over the barrell about never having a CSM# to my car.

I have done the math for my car starting with initial cost and what was already on the car.

Here are my future plans
Blower
Install on hand Wilwood SS Brake Kit
Build Motor:
Touch Up Paint:

I will be around the $90k dollar mark when it's done.

Q. In the end, will I have a CSM#?
A. No

Q. Will my car be "better" than a real SS?
A. Yes, yes it will be. And faster

I feel for these people that buy these SS now (13/14) and have no idea that there are no longer replacement parts if something gets damaged.
(most probably just have tiny penis syndrome and just wanna park it in the garage for people to come look at)

The manager selling the current one on BaT was unaware the wheels and hood had been discontinued until I divulged that info.

As for me ever getting another set of SS wheels? Guess it's gonna cost me upwards of $120,000 to get 4 more wheels if I want them bad enough:ROFLMAO:
Are you saying that I possess this tiny we we syndrome my friend?? :oops:

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
LOL! I know better than that, @Vinnie_B! She's just a run-of-the-mill GT500, but she's mine.

SS are awesome but, like most, I prefer some options and finishes over others. I don't recall seeing the white inserts until recently. A local friend, who had a 2014 850HP SS with upgraded interior didn't have them and I THINK many of the SS we've previously discussed didn't either. If you've got them, I intended no offense. White seats just aren't my thing.
Come on Mr Norton.....we both know the UNICORN is no push over. This unique machine would gap most shelby gt500's here on SVTP. It's ok.....pump the chest out and flex those ponies....:giggle:

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
To echo what @Norton stated about "options", that is kinda why I am not bent over the barrell about never having a CSM# to my car.

I have done the math for my car starting with initial cost and what was already on the car.

Here are my future plans
Blower
Install on hand Wilwood SS Brake Kit
Build Motor:
Touch Up Paint:

I will be around the $90k dollar mark when it's done.

Q. In the end, will I have a CSM#?
A. No

Q. Will my car be "better" than a real SS?
A. Yes, yes it will be. And faster

I feel for these people that buy these SS now (13/14) and have no idea that there are no longer replacement parts if something gets damaged.
(most probably just have tiny penis syndrome and just wanna park it in the garage for people to come look at)

The manager selling the current one on BaT was unaware the wheels and hood had been discontinued until I divulged that info.

As for me ever getting another set of SS wheels? Guess it's gonna cost me upwards of $120,000 to get 4 more wheels if I want them bad enough:ROFLMAO:
Have you gave any thoughts on any particular engine builder yet?

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Also, for an of you guys wondering what cams are used in the holeshot a buddy of mine got confirmation from Shelby American

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Also, for an of you guys wondering what cams are used in the holeshot a buddy of mine got confirmation from Shelby American

States "rough idle"?

Last edited:

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Hole shot package has a 10% OD pulley?
Screenshot_20230913-104343_Chrome.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Hole shot package has a 10% OD pulley?View attachment 1809274

Yes, The holeshot packaged included a lower 10% O.D Crank Pulley..... Peter. They used innovaters west.

Shelby GT500 5.4L/5.8L Harmonic Balancer 10% Overdrive #827​

Attachments

• 2013-ss.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 49
Last edited:

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes, The holeshot packaged included a lower 10% O.D Crank Pulley..... Peter.
Right so......

What size upper pulley are they running on a hole shot package versus the 750 package?

Take into consideration, SS are CARB legal and tuned as such.

On PUMP 93!

Than I would ask, what provisions are made to ensure the crank snout doesn't get compromised?

Without a lower 10% you would run a smaller blower pulley and retain the stock OD, which in theory, would not net you as much torque, thus, the car would feel lethargic.

Interesting, because after spending $100k+, I sure wouldn't want a laggy feeling.

Sincerely,

Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Right so......

What size upper pulley are they running on a hole shot package versus the 750 package?

On PUMP 93!

Than I would ask, what provisions are made to ensure the crank snout doesn't get compromised?

Without a lower 10% you would run a smaller blower pulley and retain the stock OD, which in theory, would not net you as much torque, thus, the car would feel lethargic.

Interesting, because after spending $100k+, I sure wouldn't want a laggy feeling.

Sincerely,

The upper pulley on the SS 850 package is the same size used on the SS holeshot package. There are now provisions in place to protect crank snout. Personally I would double key the balancer and crank if i do a rebuild. I run 93 Sunoco......No LAG ever..... The 850 SS's are 10 sec street car's and no pushover......take my word. The holeshot package takes the SS to an even more insane level street car.

Last edited:

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
The upper pulley on the SS 850 package is the same size used on the SS holeshot package. There are now provisions in place to protect crank snout. Personally I would double key the balancer and crank if i do a rebuild.
So the extra power between the 750 and the 850 package is by way of cams, OD Pulley and tune?

I don't think crank braces were a thing when these SS were built.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Right so......

On PUMP 93!

Sincerely,

Any super snake that got a 3.6KB had a 4 inch upper pulley, even on the Holeshot they run the 4 inch upper, but they added the 10% lower pulley to up the power and take into consideration that headers and bigger cams are going to drop some boost. That's how they get away with running 91 with the holeshot.

Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
So the extra power between the 750 and the 850 package is by way of cams, OD Pulley and tune?

The 07 to 2010 Super Snakes with a KB or whipple were pretty much all rated at 730 to 760hp, the 2011/12 Super Snakes had the 3.6KB and they were rated at 800hp and Shelby American claimed 900hp with the holeshot package on those years, all 13/14 Super Snakes were rated at 850hp, and Shelby claims 1000hp with the holeshot package on those.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for all that clarification
I was thinking 13/14 specific....

Shelby 1000

Ahh, so Non Hole Shot packages still have factory exhaust than too?

Users who are viewing this thread