Another '14 SS heading to BaT

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for all that clarification
I was thinking 13/14 specific....

Shelby 1000

Ahh, so Non Hole Shot packages still have factory exhaust than too?
It can get confusing, Because shelby advertises all their numbers as crank hp, but if we're talking whp, than a typical super snake will make about 750whp, a holeshot super snake will typical make 850whp and a Shelby1000 will make 1000whp on race gas.

And yes, all standard super snakes run the OE exhaust system so they can be carb legal
Holeshot or 1000 package cars are not legal in Commiefornia lol.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
@Vinnie_B very generously refers to my plain vanilla GT500 as a unicorn and, most recently, a debadged SS because of the power she makes. When she was stock, she put down 642 RWHP & 621 RWTQ:
Dyno Baseline.jpg

After bolt-ons (JLT 127mm CF CAI, CFM Twin Jet 67mm TB, VMP 2.4" Upper, 90mm Idler, BPS Oversized & Ported Plenum/Elbow, NGK TR7-IX plugs, VMP Triple-Pass Dual-Fan H/E, and Reische 170' Tstat), she made 733 RWHP & 713 RWTQ:
Dyno (vs RPM) STAGE 4 Power Pack.jpg

While she's always felt strong, I tend to believe SAE correction is somewhat "kind" to forced induction vehicles at elevation. Nonetheless, I appreciate @Vinnie_B's kindness.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
@Vinnie_B very generously refers to my plain vanilla GT500 as a unicorn and, most recently, a debadged SS because of the power she makes. When she was stock, she put down 642 RWHP & 621 RWTQ:
View attachment 1809331

After bolt-ons (JLT 127mm CF CAI, CFM Twin Jet 67mm TB, VMP 2.4" Upper, 90mm Idler, BPS Oversized & Ported Plenum/Elbow, NGK TR7-IX plugs, VMP Triple-Pass Dual-Fan H/E, and Reische 170' Tstat), she made 733 RWHP & 713 RWTQ:
View attachment 1809332

While she's always felt strong, I tend to believe SAE correction is somewhat "kind" to forced induction vehicles at elevation. Nonetheless, I appreciate @Vinnie_B's kindness.
I guess I looked to far into that one lol, but she's definitely badass

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I remember reading all the dyno #'s during the 105 day wait for my 14, wondering what mine would do.
When that day came, considering the #'s others were posting, I was a little disapointed....................585.41 / 600.84
To call my tuners dyno stingy is an understatement, but knowing that, the " detuned " 780w it puts down now is a solid #..

HPLouis

Established Member
I remember reading all the dyno #'s during the 105 day wait for my 14, wondering what mine would do.
When that day came, considering the #'s others were posting, I was a little disapointed....................585.41 / 600.84
To call my tuners dyno stingy is an understatement, but knowing that, the " detuned " 780w it puts down now is a solid #..
I remember you said JDM did your work for you, did they do your tune also?

HPLouis

Established Member
Tune also.
The owner Jim Sr. used to work for Ford as a calibrator..
They (both Jim Sr and Jr) are great. I have a SCT Pro Racer Package and they did the tunes for all my cars and gave me the files to use on my Pro Racer Package. To this day, they still provide me support on tunes, and I bought the tunes back in 2018. I remember there was a time I was stuck writing a tune and Jim Sr. called me and walked me through it on the phone.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
They (both Jim Sr and Jr) are great. I have a SCT Pro Racer Package and they did the tunes for all my cars and gave me the files to use on my Pro Racer Package. To this day, they still provide me support on tunes, and I bought the tunes back in 2018. I remember there was a time I was stuck writing a tune and Jim Sr. called me and walked me through it on the phone.
It's called service,...................don't see much these days AFTER the sale !!

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
~~~Deep Thoughts by Pete~~~

If one owned a Super Snake, and had it dusted for fingerprints and the fingerprints were confirmed to be Carroll Shelby's, would that increase the value of the car?

When inquiring about a Super Snake in the future, I will make sure to ask if it has been dusted.

Last edited:

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member

Users who are viewing this thread