Another build thread

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Hell yeah! Someday my sweet Scarlett with have her engine strengthened. Youre in very good hands with JDM.

*edit* Those heads and valves look gorgeous!

RBB

Established Member
In for more pics.
I lied....got a few more. Buttoned up and shipping out of JDM tomorrow.
IMG_0244.JPG IMG_0245.JPG IMG_0246.JPG

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I love the powder blue valve covers, but they sure dont last. My covers are starting to chip in a few places. :(

RBB

Established Member
I love the powder blue valve covers, but they sure dont last. My covers are starting to chip in a few places. :(
Yeah, I noticed I had a spot starting to peel on my passenger side cover right before I ran it up to JDM. Unfortunately I didn't have time to get it powdercoated, but I honestly don't even care at the moment. It's not a show car.

I will probably try to touch that spot up with some VHT wrinkle blue and see what it looks like before the motor goes back in.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Nice. I see you don’t have to worry about the oil cooler elbow any longer

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

RBB

Established Member
Nice. I see you don’t have to worry about the oil cooler elbow any longer

Lol. The motor doesn't fit in the crate with the oil cooler installed, gotta put it on when it arrives. About that bend we talked about, though, I think they actually come from the factory like that.

I mentioned that to Jay @1320 and he said all the coolers he's ever seen have that notch in them, even brand new ones.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
They have a slight bend but there are witness marks on the hose from where it pushes on it

RBB

Established Member
They have a slight bend but there are witness marks on the hose from where it pushes on it

Remember that indentation in the bend? He was telling me that indentation is normal, they're cast like that. Said he's never seen one without it, even new ones.
My car must have an oil cooler on it. Looks nothing like the setup on your car @RBB
I'll be running the cooler, it's just not bolted up in those pics....won't fit right in the crate.

RBB

Established Member
But now the oil filter is where the alternator goes. Alternator relocation maybe?
That oil filter housing in the pic is one they only use to prime the engine....it's from a 3V application. Once it's primed, they remove it and plug and tape the holes for shipping. I'll still be using the standard oil cooler.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I bet there's a witness mark on the hose that goes on there though. There was on mine

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Remember that indentation in the bend? He was telling me that indentation is normal, they're cast like that. Said he's never seen one without it, even new ones.

I'll be running the cooler, it's just not bolted up in those pics....won't fit right in the crate.
I'm running BPS oil cooler delete and Alternator bracket. I just street cruise and drag on E85, no need for an oil cooler and that big log is unnecessary to me.
The BPS kit and Cobra Jet adapter puts the filter on the block and the alternator in stock location.
Very clean, I'll try to snap a pic while car is currently on lift getting a new clutch.
-J

RBB

Established Member

Fired it up for the first time this morning. Running pretty rough, yellow wrench light is on, but scan tool and X3 aren't pulling any codes. Car stalled about 4-5 times before it would run for any length of time. Bogs and dies immediately after giving it throttle and coming off the pedal as well. Got through the first rev to 1500 on idle logs, but just dies after that, so partial data log is off to Lund. Hopefully it just needs some small revision.

Last edited:

JimIII@jdm

Fired it up for the first time this morning. Running pretty rough, yellow wrench light is on, but we're not able to pull any codes. Car stalled about 4-5 times before it would run for any length of time. Bogs and dies immediately after giving it throttle and coming off the pedal as well. Got through the first rev to 1500 on idle logs, but just dies after that, so partial data log is off to Lund. Hopefully it just needs some small revision.

Let me know if you need any help!

blowbye

Bangin gears
Established Member

Fired it up for the first time this morning. Running pretty rough, yellow wrench light is on, but scan tool and X3 aren't pulling any codes. Car stalled about 4-5 times before it would run for any length of time. Bogs and dies immediately after giving it throttle and coming off the pedal as well. Got through the first rev to 1500 on idle logs, but just dies after that, so partial data log is off to Lund. Hopefully it just needs some small revision.

I had a similar problem on one of my installs. Wrench light was on, car would die when you touched the pedal. I accidentally pinched a 02 sensor wire and it was grounding out. Blew a fuse. No codes just a wrench light.

Users who are viewing this thread