Another dead Coyote - VMP TVS

Status
Not open for further replies.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I would have to say a properly tuned BUILT N/A motor would be less likely to have a failure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

same goes for a properly build boost motor no? we are pushing the stock internals on this motors to its limits... if we would all have built short blocks then we would have alot blown engines assuming that they are properly tuned.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
same goes for a properly build boost motor no? we are pushing the stock internals on this motors to its limits... if we would all have built short blocks then we would have alot blown engines assuming that they are properly tuned.

Yea i guess your right. Looking at your sig it seems your driving a ticking time bomb :eek::eek::eek:

techwerkz

Established Member
I would have to say a properly tuned BUILT N/A motor would be less likely to have a failure.

If you're building the motor, then why not boost? You build the short block to specs to handle the application. Hell if you want an all out N/A build add some more compression, cams, ported heads, and a Cobra Jet intake ... I would bet it would make some serious power. However once it's out of steam that's it.

I've personally seen a Roush TVS car be alive for over a year and a half as a daily driver. It has gone mid 10's a handful of times. Been to the track a bunch. No issues. Again, nothing is equal. These motors are a lot stronger than people give them credit for.

6SpeedFreak

Established Member

you may be right but you also won't be near the HP range of the boosted ones..hence less stress on motor...

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
you may be right but you also won't be near the HP range of the boosted ones..hence less stress on motor...

Bingo. Thats what im getting at. Less weight and less rwhp on a "safer" longer lasting setup sounds good to me.

-Thomas

6SpeedFreak

Established Member
Bingo. Thats what im getting at. Less weight and less rwhp on a "safer" longer lasting setup sounds good to me.

-Thomas

F-that...Just turn down the boost if you are scared!! Lot more potential with boost...most of us are ready to build the bottom end...that is why we don't shy away from raising the boost levels!

techwerkz

Established Member
F-that...Just turn down the boost if you are scared!! Lot more potential with boost...most of us are ready to build the bottom end...that is why we don't shy away from raising the boost levels!

Exactly. You don't push these motors and think it's going to last forever. Build it, race it, break it, fix it, repeat. If you don't have the funds in cash to keep on fixing it, don't mess with it.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor

Do you track your car? You have alot of money into that thing and I see no times?

6SpeedFreak

Established Member
Do you track your car? You have alot of money into that thing and I see no times?

IT has been winter...Tracks are just starting to open...I built mine this winter! I will be taking it soon..Will run it on street tires till I get the money together for a new DS and Clutch...ME and ArtVandalay16 will be heading out to the track when we get some time but it is 1.5 hours away and our schedules differ quite a bit!

Last edited:

blkstang302

Established Member
Sucks to hear OP! But hey if you have the funds build that motor until it won't blow and have a way faster car!

4VFTW

Established Member
Hell if you want an all out N/A build add some more compression, cams, ported heads, and a Cobra Jet intake ... I would bet it would make some serious power. However once it's out of steam that's it.
No , thats when you put spray on it.

powerhogger

Established Member
Dropping in a aluminator and selling off my old engine looks better with every one of these threads.

Graboid

Established Member

What's the deal with this lately? Does it matter? I don't care if someone wants to build one just to blow it up and take a dump on the hood while it burns. :dw::banana: People sure are worried about other peoples cars and money on here lately LOL.

kevinp

Established Member
The logs look a little aggressive for that boost level but I've tried up to 20* of timing and .820-.830 (14.079) and never hurt anything on 8-9psi. I'm assuming no cats?

My personal opinion is 600rwhp is where I would stay under if you are going to race these cars, these are fairly strong engines but you can only go so far and a little detonation and that long time in 3rd is a killer. Its always a balance of power and reliability, sure you can tune it ultra safe but if you do that you may was well run a 90mm pulley with an aggressive tune.

Sucks to be almost at the track though, I'd be pretty upset because I bet it felt pretty strong before it let go. Most likely you would have been less pissed if it let go and it ran a great number.

csb85

Established Member
Welcome to the club that seems to be growing daily. Did you do a compression test? Just curious to see how down on compression you are compared to mine. I was at 80psi on cylinder 8

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
What's the deal with this lately? Does it matter? I don't care if someone wants to build one just to blow it up and take a dump on the hood while it burns. :dw::banana: People sure are worried about other peoples cars and money on here lately LOL.

It does matter. If the car is a weekend warrior for only sunny days it will most likely live longer then cars that are actually tracked.

-Thomas

jojobee

Established Member
Its the first time i see a post about a damaged engine running a VMP tune and setup.
I'm running his tune and before the last tune revision i saw 21deg during a wot pull.
He detuned it a bit as even Justin mentionned that my timing was up there, it was a bit scary when i saw these numbers on 93 fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread