Another mass shooting

Zemedici

Established Member
I’m on my phone and have to do some shit, so I can’t reply the way I want to…trigger men=those with the skill to shoot the target with minimal collateral damage in extremely confined and meat dense spaces. Those cops outside, even ones with kit on chillin about are not those men.

Just seems odd the same thing happened at Parkland, police got REAMED for it

bam same shit happens.

But hey, its the American way, see a problem, dont do shit about it. Always someone elses fault.

cobracide

Established Member
Shitshow, it appears so if this is correct..

"In an interview Wednesday evening with San Antonio outlet KENS 5, a fourth grader who said he had been hiding in a classroom indicated that police officers’ actions may have caused another child who was hiding from the shooter to get shot."

“When the cops came, the cop said, ‘Yell if you need help!’ And one of the persons in my class said ‘help.’ The guy overheard, and he came in and shot her,” said the boy.

Zemedici

Established Member
Shitshow, it appears so if this is correct..

"In an interview Wednesday evening with San Antonio outlet KENS 5, a fourth grader who said he had been hiding in a classroom indicated that police officers’ actions may have caused another child who was hiding from the shooter to get shot."

“When the cops came, the cop said, ‘Yell if you need help!’ And one of the persons in my class said ‘help.’ The guy overheard, and he came in and shot her,” said the boy.

incredible

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I hope you are kidding bro…. Lol
Not at all, read below.
Just seems odd the same thing happened at Parkland, police got REAMED for it

bam same shit happens.

But hey, its the American way, see a problem, dont do shit about it. Always someone elses fault.
In Parkland the shooter was not contained, but free roaming. Completely different tactical situation. They got reamed rightfully so for that. However, in this situation the psycho was contained. Cops outside were perimeter control which is important in these situations.

Actual CQB with hostages in play is imo the most difficult situation to deal with. That is why you need highly trained men going in. While not super extensive and not used in combat, I have done CQB training in the military. Believe me when I say, if there were children alive in the same room(s) the psycho was in, sending in non-CQB trained cops would have resulted in more children dying with bullets from cops in them. Keeping the psycho engaged with cops while prepping the team going in, is the move. Granted if psycho disengages the cops and turns to slaughter those inside the room, you go in regardless at that point. There is so much fine detail to stuff like this, hence the people that spend their entire lives training and preparing for this.
I can imagine the guy was already shot at the point that was filmed and parents were (understandably) just reacting with emotion rather than real judgement
Yes, emotions is all it was. Unfortunately, videos like that just fuel more emotions and make everything even that much more difficult to deal with in the end.

I’m not even pro-cop. So this isn’t me making excuses for them. It is the reality of the position they are in when dealing with active-shooter scenarios.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Not at all, read below.

In Parkland the shooter was not contained, but free roaming. Completely different tactical situation. They got reamed rightfully so for that. However, in this situation the psycho was contained. Cops outside were perimeter control which is important in these situations.

Actual CQB with hostages in play is imo the most difficult situation to deal with. That is why you need highly trained men going in. While not super extensive and not used in combat, I have done CQB training in the military. Believe me when I say, if there were children alive in the same room(s) the psycho was in, sending in non-CQB trained cops would have resulted in more children dying with bullets from cops in them. Keeping the psycho engaged with cops while prepping the team going in, is the move. Granted if psycho disengages the cops and turns to slaughter those inside the room, you go in regardless at that point. There is so much fine detail to stuff like this, hence the people that spend their entire lives training and preparing for this.

Yes, emotions is all it was. Unfortunately, videos like that just fuel more emotions and make everything even that much more difficult to deal with in the end.

I’m not even pro-cop. So this isn’t me making excuses for them. It is the reality of the position they are in when dealing with active-shooter scenarios.
Get what you are saying, but sounds like bs to me. You get your ass in there and engage with him asap. Will some be hit. Maybe and probably. I am not an expert, but where are these successes with the mentally deranged using this tactic? Just haven’t seen it. I have however seen old church people fight off attackers throwing books.

Just seems you have to fight. And fight immediately.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I mean how many gunshots do you have to hear before actually making a move? If the cops had him "contained" they shouldve rushed in the minute the first gunshot went off, not after 19.

We dont know exactly when the video started recording, couldve been after the shooter was dead. But, if people are saying it was 40 min between the first 911 call and time of his death, I mean seriously? These are kids, they can barely hide playing hide and go seek. Barely hurt a damn fly at that age.

Im actually surprised there werent more people strapped that actually made a move on him the minute he started to shoot before entering the school.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Get what you are saying, but sounds like bs to me. You get your ass in there and engage with him asap. Will some be hit. Maybe and probably. I am not an expert, but where are these successes with the mentally deranged using this tactic? Just haven’t seen it. I have however seen old church people fight off attackers throwing books.

Just seems you have to fight. And fight immediately.
Every active-shooter/hostage situation involves a mentally deranged subject. So, all of them.

There are too many conflicting reports, so I’m going to give the cops the benefit of the doubt here. From what I understand: psycho enters school>cops engage psycho in school>psycho cornered in two rooms>Cops maintain containment and keep engaged>command and control sets up perimeter>call for help has gone out during this time and some shows up>said help engages(goes into the room?)>situation over>confirm situation over> maintain safety i.e. perimeter control/controlled hostage release.

Zemedici

Established Member
Not at all, read below.

i appreciate your expertise, sir.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Not at all, read below.

You arent incorrect in what you are saying. But I dont necessarily agree with the situation 100% either. If the rumors that are starting to circulate are correct, cops not dashing in while the shooter is actively engaged in killing, it is a disgrace IMO. Tactical considerations be damned.

You cannot waste a minute, let alone 45+!

Like you said, gonna wait to learn more about it before I pass full judgement on it.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
You arent incorrect in what you are saying. But I dont necessarily agree with the situation 100% either. If the rumors that are starting to circulate are correct, cops not dashing in while the shooter is actively engaged in killing, it is a disgrace IMO. Tactical considerations be damned.

Like you said, gonna wait to learn more about it before I pass full judgement on it.
I’m guessing you skipped over the part where I said if the psycho turns on hostages then you go in regardless? I’m not taking the words of a 4th grader under the most extreme mental duress as any sort of truth.

Edit:misread aren’t incorrect as are incorrect. My bad dude.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member

I picked up on that too. Wonder how the boys statement will be taken? At face value it would seem a LEOs action got a child killed, but there's always more to the story (i.e. why did the LEO ask the kids to yell for help, if that is indeed what happened).

More will come to light as the days go by and more information is discovered/released.

Blown 89

Established Member
The shots had stopped at that point. The media is making it sound like the shooter was in there blasting away for 45 minutes while the police sat and listened. Common sense says keeping a secure the facility is better than abandoning it and create chaos by running in and out willy-nilly.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I heard on the radio today similar to what he was saying there. They said he would carry boxing gloves around and randomly try to pick fights with strangers. He would also say things to his female coworkers like "Do you know who I am?" or "Do you know what I'm capable of?" Dude was a freak and should have been taken out by those who despised him. If only anyone could have known.

Problem is not enough people took him up on the boxing gloves in the park.

A good fist fight used to be the best way to resolve a ton of individuals' inner issues... often times leading to strong friendships.

Everyone is afraid of having labels applied to them so they veer away from past social norms that would perhaps resolve some of these people's issues.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
A good fist fight used to be the best way to resolve a ton of individuals' inner issues... often times leading to strong friendships.

Yep. Sometimes you had to take an @$$ beating or give one before you got someone's respect.

Made a few friends back in the day this way myself LOL....

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Problem is not enough people took him up on the boxing gloves in the park.

Everyone is afraid of having labels applied to them so they veer away from past social norms that would perhaps resolve some of these people's issues.
I highly doubt he picked on anyone that could give him a fight.

MG0h3

Established Member
If I understood correctly, LE did go in immediately and were hit.

You can see an officer down between two units in one video that keeps playing.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread