Another solid axle GT with IRS exhaust

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
Looks great. Love the IRS exhaust bro. Off-topic, but what suspension setup do you have? You've got a great stance.

SILVERSTONE

SilverBullitt
Established Member
Total win.
Thanks!!
Looks really good!
Thanks!! i love your car!! lol
Looks great
Thank you!!
Looks good, but you I still don't see how it goes over the axle.
Thanks!!, it doesn't its under the axle
Looks amazing! I wanna do this if I don't end up with an IRS.

What tips are those?
Thanks!! tips i bought off a muffler shop most people ask if they are SLPs, they are stainless steel 4" double wall tips, had them for years and with a bit of mothers those babies shine like new!
looks good.

now the magnaflow sticker has to go, :p
Thanks, yeah sticker is already off

Looks great,any modification need it?
Thanks!! modification to the exhaust? yes my friend and i modified it, (welded, widen, aligned, and clamped it)

Looks great. Love the IRS exhaust bro. Off-topic, but what suspension setup do you have? You've got a great stance.
Thanks bro!! suspension wise, Tokicos all around, 1 coil off stock springs, steeda ball joints, bumpsteer kit, shorty swaybar end links, and MM c/c plates

damn that looks good
Thanks man!!

Last edited:

CrimsonStang

Established Member
Nice car, used to have a silver GT too! Did the hangers line up or did they need to be moved, I'll be in the market for a new cat back love the look of the IRS exhaust

Sent from my LT28at using Tapatalk 2

smitty2919

Established Member
i don't get this fad...lol

like your GT though

Why is it hard to comprehend...it's another exhaust option to put on the car. If I owned a GT, I would pick up an IRS catback so I wouldn't have to dick with the pipes going over the axle...

When I had my Mach 1 lowered, I had to get the over axle piped JUST right to not rub and even still I needed to jack up the car so high to remove them if needed. This was with an unmolested Magnaflow catback too. Then I had issues with it hitting the rear swaybar sometimes.

Doing the IRS swap makes life easier to drop the exhaust which runs UNDER everything. Well to be honest, since buying a welder, I'd just make my own exhaust.

SILVERSTONE

SilverBullitt
Established Member
Nice car, used to have a silver GT too! Did the hangers line up or did they need to be moved, I'll be in the market for a new cat back love the look of the IRS exhaust

Sent from my LT28at using Tapatalk 2
Thanks!! only thing that lines up are the exhaust tips hangers and the connectors to the midpipe, we created our own hangers and welded them to the flowmasters, but we replaced the exhaust tips so there was alot of aligning going back and forth making sure everything was straight lol

Why is it hard to comprehend...it's another exhaust option to put on the car. If I owned a GT, I would pick up an IRS catback so I wouldn't have to dick with the pipes going over the axle...

When I had my Mach 1 lowered, I had to get the over axle piped JUST right to not rub and even still I needed to jack up the car so high to remove them if needed. This was with an unmolested Magnaflow catback too. Then I had issues with it hitting the rear swaybar sometimes.

Doing the IRS swap makes life easier to drop the exhaust which runs UNDER everything. Well to be honest, since buying a welder, I'd just make my own exhaust.
DEAD ON!!!

Looks good, sounds good, hopefully it runs good!
Thanks!! it does the job

bigdave03svt

Established Member
I think it looks great but how do you keep the axle off the tail pipes when jacking up the car? do you tie up the axle so it doesnt drop before jacking her up?

dutch

LOL Europe
Established Member
yeah one of my favorite cobra mods

Thanks man!! so what do u have?

No mustang atm, but swapped an '03 IRS in my Cobra 2 years ago, the exhaust routing was reason enough!

DSC_1343.jpg

69cobrajet

333 Half Evil
Established Member
You know i remember when the 99s came out.One of the gripes in the magazines was the layout of the exhaust.I personally like the shortest route out the back.Form over functions not my thing.each his own.:smmon:

SILVERSTONE

SilverBullitt
Established Member
I think it looks great but how do you keep the axle off the tail pipes when jacking up the car? do you tie up the axle so it doesnt drop before jacking her up?
thanks dude!! well i have a low profile jack that just makes it that i can lift my car from the center of the differential, in case i was to lift my car in a two post lift i will have to unclamp my tail pipes from my mufflers which i dont mind at all

No mustang atm, but swapped an '03 IRS in my Cobra 2 years ago, the exhaust routing was reason enough!
yup that was my motivation right there!! lol

i dont either :nonono:
its alright, its just that my friend and i just have to much time and skills in our hands :beer:

You know i remember when the 99s came out.One of the gripes in the magazines was the layout of the exhaust.I personally like the shortest route out the back.Form over functions not my thing.each his own.:smmon:
yeah all i wanted was the IRS exhaust look (like most people do), and i got it

188slo50

Mustang GOD wana b
Established Member
Looks awesome and definatly on my to do list got my gt. Got any pics of it from underneath I'd like to see how it runs around the carrier?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think it looks really nice. I totally understand why so many are doing it. Awesome looking GT by the way! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread