Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

Growlar

Established Member
I dunno how much you guys go to the drag strip, and I cant' comment on racing circuits, but I have seen teslas runing mid to low 11's stock..and zr1 Camaros running 11.2 stock without any driver "talent' tires never slipped....rwd 700+ hp cars are "burnout machines"....without awd its a waste of the fords development money.....and the purchasers money as your going to have 2 to 5k in suspension mods and loss of streetability just to get 3/4 of the power to the ground, ESPECIALLY with roots type blower as opposed to turbos...fast is fast who gives a flyin **** about numbers

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
I originally thought the exact same thing when I saw some of the ZL1 60' times before I bought mine. The Goodyear Supercar 3's with 26 psi and a burnout are almost as good as Nitto 555R's. Launch control with the auto is pretty awesome.

https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/stock-zl1-10-94.1151721/

There are some still shots of my car in this Youtube video, but you can't really see the tread pattern or sidewalls......

I dunno how much you guys go to the drag strip, and I cant' comment on racing circuits, but I have seen teslas runing mid to low 11's stock..and zr1 Camaros running 11.2 stock without any driver "talent' tires never slipped....rwd 700+ hp cars are "burnout machines".

Growlar

Established Member

Legendary 351

Banned
Established Member
Destroy? In my opinion, nothing is going to be destroying anything at this point. Might something be quicker in some regards (like around some corners, or on some straightaways, etc.) and shave seconds or fractions of seconds here and there? Sure. But at this point, given where HP and TQ and suspension technology, etc. are I really do not think anything in the Dodge/Chevy/Ford arenas (when considering cars within the same 'class', not a ZL1 1LE vs Taurus for example) will be destroying each other. Go ahead and jack up HP and TQ and shave weight and put out improved traction/suspension and whatnot, but I do not see anyone among these manufacturers having a silver bullet that is going to be 'destroying' the competition anymore.
We shall see.seconds on a track to racers are an eternity,if the new GT500 beats the zl1,1le by seconds ,then that is being destroyed.the zl1 beat the GT350 R by .39 i think.thats not destroyed,thats a drivers race.

Legendary 351

Banned
Established Member
World is changing, in my neighborhood I've got kids driving their mom's Tesla Model Xs seriously challenging my GT500 now. My Dad just picked up a Tesla that Motor Trend got to a 0-60 time of 2.28 secs, hit some buttons and press the throttle and the computers guarantee a good launch. Four wheel drive, full torque at 0 RPM, no shifting, is hard to beat. Not quite sure where muscle cars will fit in this new world order. Pretty sure I don't want to write Ford a big check just for yet another Mustang that sits at the light smoking its tires while the neighbors kids are laughing halfway down the block.

Not worried at all about Chevy and Dodge.
No need to worry about the welfare baby tesla.the car has no soul and is over hyped.yes it is very quick.people forget electric and gas motors are not in the same class.we mustang people are truely special.when i go to the mustang shows you see mustangs sometimes from the 60s.you see father and sons,or daughters that have rebuilt some old mustangs together,as a hobby or just because they wanted to put one together.20 years from now your not gonna see that soul less tesla at huge events where fathers and sons,or daughters have put them together or restored them.hell,you dont really see that with bmw,mercedes,audi or other cars.the mustang is the ORIGINAL,the Crapmaro is a copycat,like the dodge.over 50 years in production strait.thats something to be proud of.i enjoy the hell out of my 2014 GT500!!its the last one that MR.SHELBY had his hands on before he went to be with the LORD.FORD is marching on with the mustang,and its up to us to keep having our events and letting the world know why the MUSTANG is the best.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
I would go as far as to say Chevy or Dodge are copy-cats. The Dodge brothers worked for Ford and eventually went out on there own.... but they all share tech. Dodge built some motors for Ford; Ford made transmissions for Chevy.... etc. I'm pretty sure engineers move between companies too.

Dusten

Established Member
No need to worry about the welfare baby tesla.the car has no soul and is over hyped.yes it is very quick.people forget electric and gas motors are not in the same class.we mustang people are truely special.when i go to the mustang shows you see mustangs sometimes from the 60s.you see father and sons,or daughters that have rebuilt some old mustangs together,as a hobby or just because they wanted to put one together.20 years from now your not gonna see that soul less tesla at huge events where fathers and sons,or daughters have put them together or restored them.hell,you dont really see that with bmw,mercedes,audi or other cars.the mustang is the ORIGINAL,the Crapmaro is a copycat,like the dodge.over 50 years in production strait.thats something to be proud of.i enjoy the hell out of my 2014 GT500!!its the last one that MR.SHELBY had his hands on before he went to be with the LORD.FORD is marching on with the mustang,and its up to us to keep having our events and letting the world know why the MUSTANG is the best.

You're going to the wrong shows. I see classic mb and bmws around here.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
10 second launch cars are pretty easy to beat street, strip or roll.

I get the most psyched up when I’m going up against a turbo FF car gutted to the max and packing 600+whp.

I’d much rather run a 120-130mph 10 second machine than a 160+mph car that is tricky to hook. When people hook their project civic and it makes your car look like a stock sti, it’s embarrassing.

I haven’t had a terrible run in with a high power light Honda in my current build, but I can admit getting drug in a few roll races with 475-800whp in my prior combos by 400-600whp civics.

If you look on YouTube, there’s this video of a 400whp civic beating a Tesla from a dig.

His whole channel is pretty great. He ends up gutting the tesla p100d and gets it to run 10.4@125. I believe it’s the fastest stock battery Tesla p100d out there.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
And like I said earlier though a setup v8 car can take down Tesla’s pretty well with ~500whp.

That said for the few passes like that there are plenty in the 12’s at 120+

Not knocking this dude, cars nice and it’s common on stock irs and tires to run a bad launch.

Last edited:

Legendary 351

Banned
Established Member
I would go as far as to say Chevy or Dodge are copy-cats. The Dodge brothers worked for Ford and eventually went out on there own.... but they all share tech. Dodge built some motors for Ford; Ford made transmissions for Chevy.... etc. I'm pretty sure engineers move between companies too.
mmm,i thought the mustang was before the camaro and challenger.i also thought the ranchero was before the el camino.

Legendary 351

Banned
Established Member
Im not going to the wrong shows,i have a stang not a Big Money Wasted,or mb.that might be out by you,but whatever they have they are not anywhere as grand as MUSTANGS world wide.

Gr8fulmtnbiker

Established Member

I see these classics at car shows too- I have a BMW in addition to my Shelby, and I go to some shows that showcase just BMW's, some that showcase just Mustangs, and other general car shows that show everything, and there are plenty of classic BMW's and MB's around...I have spoken to a number of multigenerational owners too, so they absolutely exist, and with much enthusiasm.

conceptmachine

Established Member
I think my next ford will be the mach 1 SUV hybrid (or whatever they call it). I think its gonna be one quick SoaB. As long as it looks good, I'll trade in the explorer on it.
I am truly looking forward to the high HP electrics. As long as they look superb, I'll get a sport all wheel drive 2 seater to go with it. That tesla roadster nice IMO.
I only drive my current ride about 100 miles at a time anyway, so all electric will work for that. Sure, I'll miss the sound, but the G's are gonna be nice off the line. Whenever I want the sound of a v8, I'll fire her up and take it out.
In the end, I'll miss the gas machines of today, but there is no denying that electrics will be coming hard in the next 5 years and beyond.

Users who are viewing this thread